April 20, 2014 | 1729 users online

Top/Base Coats - Revlon - Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel - Base Coat

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 9:18:00 AM More reviews by PolishedSalon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favourite base coat I use at my salon every day! It smoothes the ridges, dries relatevely fast, great brush. Excellent!
I use mostly CND Vinylux on hands and Dior, YSL, Chanel on feet.
Revlon Base Coat, Vinylux polish and Vinylux Top Coat last about 7 days + on my nails without a single chip. Clients average 5-7 days without a chip.
Revlon Base Coat and Dior, YSL or Chanel plus Dior Top Coat on feet lasts 4 weeks plus. Mostly the clients need a pedicure before the polish chips.

The reason I use this base coat with Vinylux is that it makes the polish look smoother and it makes it remove easier :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by JordanGalore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Rave review for the Colorstay Gel-Smooth base coat! This is my all time favorite base coat especially in conjunction with it's matching top coat. As a nail polish collector/hoarder lol, I've tried numerous base coats from Nailtiques to OPI etc., but this base coat is THE staple in my nail care routine. It adds strength and a beautiful smooth finish to my nails that I love. It dries insanely fast and the brush is great. The combination of this base coat with it's matching top coat keep my nails from chipping for at least a week. This is coming from someone who's polish usually chips within 2 days no matter what! If you're fed up like I was, give this a chance!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This base coat is sticky to the touch once it dries. It dries fairly quickly but remains tacky. This is so the polish will adhere to it. My polish stays on better when I use this as a base coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by ylingsbling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Rave! The Colorstay gel smooth base coat is everything everyone says. It fills in the ridges of your nails and makes your pollishes adhere better and longer. Very professional looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by kateST

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THIS is working so wonderfuly for me, that I am irrationaly afraid that I will JINX it with this glowing review.

My nails are brittle, forever splitting, forever snagging, and nailpolish lasts on me for less than a day. No matter what. IT TAKES HOURS to chip and start looking horrible.

I AM ON DAY THREE. my polish looks great, and the only wear is visible at the very tips where it basically rubbs off from all the typing/touching/hair washing/whatever i do daily, which from arm's lenght I can't notice.
I initially tried this with a fast drying top coat (hard as nails brand), which as I finally realized is extremely DRYING in itself, and it makes the polish crack off, I tossed that, used a regular top coat, and I am truly amazed

another good thing about this product is that it's gel-like, and it fills in the surface of ur nails, as if you buffed/shined them.

I am in love. highly recommend. WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by i8alltheBacon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the newer version called "Gel Smooth". After seeing approx. 100 people here on MUA talking about how awesome this base coat is I had to try it. I got it on sale for $4.99 cdn and that was $4 off reg price (cosmetics in Canada are WAY more expensive here). Usually my manicures last about 2 days without chips or peeling...with the gel-smooth base coat I got FIVE DAYS....it might have lasted longer, but I got bored of the colour and took it off. I only used one coat and applied my polish almost immedietly..then aplied Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by pinkpanther88

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a review of Revlon ColorStay Longwear Nail Enamel 005 Base Coat. I painted my right hand's nails with this base coat, two coats of Sally Hansen's Insta-Dry color, and one coat of Revlon ColorStay Sealing Shine 2. I did my left hand the same except I did not use this base coat (or any base coat).

4 days later, there was a marked difference between hands: the base coat hand (right hand, and I am right-handed) had NO CHIPS whatsoever! The non-base-coat hand (left hand) had tons of chips.

So I am now in love with this base coat! (as well as the Revlon ColorStay Sealing Shine and the Sally Hansen Insta-Dry color). I've never had my nail polish last for more than 2 days (usually only 1) without chips. Yay!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by christnal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great base coat. Keeps my at home mani perfect for about 3 days before I start to see any type of wear on the tips and I type all day so I think that is pretty good. Also it makes taking dark colors off sooo much easier!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Jayyhoang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this base and the corresponding top coat! my nails looked perfect (essie's bahama mama) for an entire week. i was shocked. i usually use OPI's top and base coats, or essies's, or other salon recommended brands. but they all chip within 2-3 days. this just works! but i hate the brush

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by MICROPEEN

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very good basecoat. I used to love Orly Bonder, but this one is even better. I've noticed that it adds 2-3 chip free days beyond what Bonder used to do. It will look perfect for 2 days, I'll start to see tip wear on the third day and small chips by day 4-5. That's pretty good wear for me.

I don't use this alone, I use a strengthening basecoat first like Duri Rejuvacote or Essie's protein one. My topcoat of choice has been Seche Vite for years.

Also, I gave packaging 2 lippies, because the whole confusion of one version of this having the word 'gel' on it and the other one not is annoying and Revlon needs to be consistent with labeling. From what I understand both are the exact same thing. The bottle and everything else is actually fine.