September 21, 2014 | 967 users online

Top/Base Coats - Revlon - Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel - Base Coat [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by aybubs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This does work well to keep your manicure looking fresh. But it doesnt work well the formulation of OPI, kind of makes it drag but it does leave it on. i dont have that problem with any other brand, so i will stay clear of this for OPI. great packaging, great price, but i will not repurchase as i use OPI most.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by piperchapman

best basecoat! smooths out ridges and creates a great base for manicures. works better than any high end base coat and i have tried them all! a coat of this, two coats of color, thin coat of opi classic clear topcoat, coat of either essie quick dry topcoat or seche vite fast dry topcoat and you've got a bulletproof manicure for at least a week!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 6:21:00 AM More reviews by hughjasslol

This is a great basecoat! It really does make your nail polish last longer and dries pretty fast.. However, the brush is not constructed that well. The first time I used it, I had to pull out some loose hairs. The brush is uneven, one side is more curved than the other. This basecoat also has a really bad smell. Not like a nasty chemical smell, but more of a stinkyewwtfamismellimg smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by adara260

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this after I heard it was being discontinued to see what the rave was about. I bought both the colorstay base coat (beigy, yellowish color) and the colorstay gel smooth base coat (slight lavendar color). Both are amazing and its sad that the line is being discontinued!

The base coats both dry in a reasonable amount of time. They allow my polishes to stay longer. I use Seche Vitae as a top coat. Seche Vitae plus nail colors plus no base coat equated to about 5 days without chips or I had minimal wear. With Seche Vitae plus same nail colors plus these base coats I would get about 7 days with minimal wear. This also prevents nail staining from the polish as well.

Win win! I bought two bottles initially (one of each kind). I saw two more of the gel smooth base at Ulta for 1.99 so I bought them both!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 9:18:00 AM More reviews by PolishedSalon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favourite base coat I use at my salon every day! It smoothes the ridges, dries relatevely fast, great brush. Excellent!
    I use mostly CND Vinylux on hands and Dior, YSL, Chanel on feet.
    Revlon Base Coat, Vinylux polish and Vinylux Top Coat last about 7 days + on my nails without a single chip. Clients average 5-7 days without a chip.
    Revlon Base Coat and Dior, YSL or Chanel plus Dior Top Coat on feet lasts 4 weeks plus. Mostly the clients need a pedicure before the polish chips.

The reason I use this base coat with Vinylux is that it makes the polish look smoother and it makes it remove easier :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by JordanGalore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Rave review for the Colorstay Gel-Smooth base coat! This is my all time favorite base coat especially in conjunction with it's matching top coat. As a nail polish collector/hoarder lol, I've tried numerous base coats from Nailtiques to OPI etc., but this base coat is THE staple in my nail care routine. It adds strength and a beautiful smooth finish to my nails that I love. It dries insanely fast and the brush is great. The combination of this base coat with it's matching top coat keep my nails from chipping for at least a week. This is coming from someone who's polish usually chips within 2 days no matter what! If you're fed up like I was, give this a chance!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This base coat is sticky to the touch once it dries. It dries fairly quickly but remains tacky. This is so the polish will adhere to it. My polish stays on better when I use this as a base coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by ylingsbling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Rave! The Colorstay gel smooth base coat is everything everyone says. It fills in the ridges of your nails and makes your pollishes adhere better and longer. Very professional looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by kateST

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THIS is working so wonderfuly for me, that I am irrationaly afraid that I will JINX it with this glowing review.

My nails are brittle, forever splitting, forever snagging, and nailpolish lasts on me for less than a day. No matter what. IT TAKES HOURS to chip and start looking horrible.

I AM ON DAY THREE. my polish looks great, and the only wear is visible at the very tips where it basically rubbs off from all the typing/touching/hair washing/whatever i do daily, which from arm's lenght I can't notice.
    I initially tried this with a fast drying top coat (hard as nails brand), which as I finally realized is extremely DRYING in itself, and it makes the polish crack off, I tossed that, used a regular top coat, and I am truly amazed

another good thing about this product is that it's gel-like, and it fills in the surface of ur nails, as if you buffed/shined them.

I am in love. highly recommend. WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by i8alltheBacon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the newer version called "Gel Smooth". After seeing approx. 100 people here on MUA talking about how awesome this base coat is I had to try it. I got it on sale for $4.99 cdn and that was $4 off reg price (cosmetics in Canada are WAY more expensive here). Usually my manicures last about 2 days without chips or peeling...with the gel-smooth base coat I got FIVE DAYS....it might have lasted longer, but I got bored of the colour and took it off. I only used one coat and applied my polish almost immedietly..then aplied Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat.