November 26, 2014 | 1708 users online

Fragrances - Juliette has a Gun - Vengeance Extreme

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Lovemygold2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got the 2ml sample in my discovery kit...boy am I glad I did that. This was sadly my least favourite scent. It started out with a punch and quickly left with a fizzle, much like a disappointing firework. I immediately had a sense of familiarity when I sniffed the dry down...I cringed... T.Mugler is exactly what this smelled like and Lady V smells more so than this one. That chocolate, slightly herbal heady scent knocked me back! So those 2 vials are certainly up for swap.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by cecilija

Seriously sexy perfume.

It is very strong, so definitely a nighttime treat. In fact, it is so strong that for the first couple of minutes you might get dizzy - it starts with very sharp and almost shockingly untamed top notes, but just wait -it keeps its full beauty for lower layers. As the time progresses, it dewelops into a seductive, distinctive perfume impossible to ignore. Definitely not for the shy types, because this perfume will get you noticed - I have never been complimented this much for a perfume before. It is extremely long lasting and as the hours pass it just keeps revealing new, surprising leyers.

I love the bottle, although it is not suitable for travel (I can't imagine what would happen if it broke in the suitcase-it would probably take months of washing to remove a scent this strong from my things), but the heavy, dark glass bottle definitely adds to the ritual of applying it.

My favorite thing with this perfume is- the morning after. You wake up with its subtle, sexy smokey-sweet hints on your hair and on your pillow- the experience after which returning to commercial perfumes seems like a giant step backward.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by TaniaRides

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Juliette Has a Gun's fragrances tend to either be absolutely amazing to me (Lady Vengeance and Midnight Oud) or completely lackluster (pretty much everything else). Lady Vengeance is my go-to rose scent, and also my go-to strong & confident scent. I think it's such an interesting mix of classy, cool, confident, and a bit naughty. I wanted Vengeance Extreme to be a darker, harder, more animalic version of Lady Vengeance. And it just isn't.
I can't really pick out the rose in this, though it does have a vague, slightly sour, perfumey floral undertone to it. It's mostly patchouli and a clean, very powdery musk on me. Dries down to a scent like clean skin, baby powder, and a hint of patchouli. I find it boring to the extreme. It doesn't even begin to compare to Lady Vengeance for me, and there are so many companies that have done better and more complex blends centered around patchouli (Reminiscence and Thierry Mugler being my favorites).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Extremely well crafted, elegant floral chypre. Rose, patchouli and vanilla are the main notes. Opens on a carnal rose and proceeds with spices and deep notes of carnation (at least to my nose) and some animalic note (could it be civet?). The base is oakmoss with something like aoud. Grand.
This is an important perfume for a passionate and sensual woman, it has a faint trail of tragedy and drama in it.
Very, very interesting and for grown-ups, I'd recommend this one for evening wear.
Reminds me a lot of La Perla (original).
Well worth a try.