August 22, 2014 | 1266 users online

Blush - Too Faced - Cocoa Rose Full Blooom Powder Blush

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Vallim

This is the worst blush I have ever owned. It settles in my imperfections and makes my cheeks look patchy. I don't understand it. No other blush does that to me, not even $1 elf blush. Really want to love it but I just can't. Tried to make it work by blending it more but nothing helped. Such a lovely color though

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by thestartsteam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Cocoa Rose is such a beautiful blush. It's s matte pink color with beige undertones. On my NC30-NC35 skin it looks like a beautiful neutral pink. I love how versatile this color is. It compliments any makeup look which is why it's my go to blush. It is pigmented, with a great soft, smooth texture allowing it to blend beautifully on the skin. I think it is reasonably priced at $19. I would buy this again in a heartbeat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, wow, and just so we’re clear, WOW. Previously I was all about MAC Cubic (I'm Mont Blanc, according to Nars foundation lingo), but when I hit pan there, I decided to explore my options before repurchasing my tried-and-true. Good call on my part. Cocoa Rose is a soft matte pinky-nude that…how can I put this and still make sense? The pigment is sheer, but there’s a lot of it. You can flick on a light stroke to perk up your skin and keep it from looking monodimensional, or you can build up a more noticeable, but (hopefully) not excessive, flush…and still get away with a strong eye or lip. Tonight, for dinner—I have a vicious cold, so no NYE throwdown for me—I mixed Cocoa Rose with a bit of Victoria’s Secret Illuminating Powder in Impassioned, and got the word “radiant” thrown at me, not once, but twice. I repeat: I'm SICK. Sold. Cubic, we need to talk…we had a good run, but now it’s time to go our separate ways…it’s not you, it’s me…blah blah blah, moving on. Also, concerning the lack of reviews on this product, and none scoring fewer than five lippies...what do I have to do, stand in the middle of Ulta barking "COCOA ROSE" through a bullhorn?

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by kkate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been very happy with this blush. I bought it on the recommendation of a Sephora saleswoman when I asked a light everyday blush. It's matte and has no glitter. The color is very natural looking and adds warmth to my pale skin. Since my skin is pretty fair, I don't use bronzer but I sometimes but a little bit of this on the rest of face to add more warmth.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by cjsmommasan

Gorgeous, natural, beautiful color. I think my hunt for HG blush is over.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 2:37:00 AM More reviews by BosnianGirlxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is such a beautiful color. The name describes it perfectly. It's a matte dusty rose/mauve color and looks very natural on the skin. Even though it's natural it still gives you the perfect amount of color and blush to your cheeks. It's not too pink or too brown. It's perfect!

I've had mine for about a year and still haven't hit pan. It's also very long wearing. Only downside is it's a little pricey ($19) but one pan lasts a long time so it's definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by SLK4CATS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm an NW20. This is a perfect color for me. I wanted blush with NO glitter or sparkle. This is a beautiful matte that is not too bright, just a nice neutral pink shade. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 9:00:00 AM More reviews by persiantee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color in the pan looks light beige pink and a bit boring for my taste but it creates a beautiful natural color on my cheeks with my olive skin tone. Its my husband's favorite blush color on me. If a man likes it, then it must be good.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Blueoceangirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with the previous reviewer. Just pretty much the perfect blush color. She and I have similar coloring, and this is just about the best out there for a natural, polished look. I used to be a devotee of MAC Blushbaby, but this is better for me. Love love love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by 1017

If you like the idea of MAC Blushbaby or Tarte Exposed, but found them a bit too muddy in person, try this beautiful shade. Cocoa Rose (which by the way, the name describes it beautifully) is a soft rosey blush, not too brown/beige, not too pink or too red. It is a nice neutral blush. Now I am going to compare CR to Tarte Exposed & MAC Blushbaby because they are in the same "family" of color. However, I find Cocoa Rose to be much more mauvey than the other blushes...which makes it my favorite of them all on my NW20 cheeks with slight pinkness in my cheeks. So on to the comparisons:

Cocoa Rose is very, very similar to Tarte Exposed and MAC Blushbaby when swatched on a white piece of paper, Cocoa Rose skews more pinkish (mauvey) than Exposed or Blushbaby (those two look almost identical on the paper). All three shades are matte (well maybe satin, but no shimmer or glitter at all). On my NW20 skin, Cocoa Rose definitely puts on a lot more color in the first swipe than Exposed or Blushbaby (where the first few swipes are hardly noticeable). But on the other hand, Cocoa Rose does not have any of the ruddy/muddy look on me that I can get with Blushbaby or Exposed. And much like Blushbaby, it ebbs and flows well with different lip colors. A muted lip gives the blush a softer glow, a stronger lip brings out more of the blush. Since I was growing weary of Blushbaby (and feeling like it was looking ruddy on me) and I am allergic to Exposed, Too Faced Cocoa Rose is a great alternative for my NW20 skin, brown eyes, black/brown hair.

PS-Some rec'd Lorac Soul blush to me as another similar option & it was pretty but too much shimmer and a bit darker than I wanted.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No