July 31, 2014 | 2063 users online

Lip Liners - MAC - Just Wonderful

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I keep hoping MAC will make a blue-violet lip liner. After all, they keep coming out with blue-violet lipsticks and glosses, and i keep buying them. So i would really love to have one.
This ain't it. MAC describes it as "dirty mauve", but, really, it's a somewhat muted purple, a red-violet. It will work with lipsticks that are purple/red-violet (plum, berry) rather than blue-violet or true red, and MAC makes quite a few in that range. I have some myself, although i do wear them less often than the bluer ones. But at least i have a lip liner to wear with them now.
The item itself is a standard liner pencil with the color core encased in wood. I actually prefer this over "automatic" liners, since "auto" liners seem to me to dry out faster.
Now if MAC would just make a blue-violet lip liner...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For me, Just Wonderful rates about a 4.5, because it's a bit on the dry side(more so than some other MAC lip pencils), and the color isn't as unique as I'd hoped for. I can't get to a MAC store or counter, so I ordered Just Wonderful online, because I'd heard that it was a must-have for those who like purplish lipsticks.

Just Wonderful is very pretty, but it's not the "liner form of Violetta" for which I was wishing. HOWEVER, it pairs *beautifully* with Rebel, another favorite MAC lipstick of mine.

MAC's description of Just Wonderful as "dirty mauve" didn't appeal to me at first, since I look much better in "clear" lip colors than "dirty" ones. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Just Wonderful is a fairly clear color, though not what I'd classify as "vivid." It's very close to the color of Rebel, but more subdued. "Muted midtone berry pink" is about the best I can do by way of describing Just Wonderful's color. If you like Rebel, you'll probably like Just Wonderful, also.

I may not back up Just Wonderful, even though it's limited edition, but it was a good buy, even if I only wear it with Rebel. I think it will suit those with cool coloring best, but it's worth a look for just about everyone.
SAD NOTE: As of March 2012, all Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Estee Lauder, MAC, and Prescriptives items are “will not repurchase” for me, no matter how much I like them. This regrettable situation is the result of the Estee Lauder company’s decision to abandon its ban on animal tests, and contract for such tests in China. As an animal lover/respecter, I will no longer do business with this company’s brands, no matter how otherwise appealing their products are to me.
continued >>