The Body Shop Chocomania Body Butter

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

ooo, this butter is to die for! I love the scent, it's a true sweet chocolate scent. it moisturises fairly. I regret that this was a limited edition. I stocked up the entire range. There's just one thing, my 5 year old son doesn't like chocolate, so whenever I use this, he refuses to come near me! :-D

Unfortunately I bought this up in quantity. I don't mind the scent at all. My issue is that I leave grease trails everywhere I go when I wear it. I like how nice and moisturizing it is but it doesn't appear to absorb into the skin but rather sit on top of it like a layer. Gosh forbid you sweat after application... greasy mess. I wish I liked this more as I have a ton of it left but I'll be looking for alternative uses or tossing.

I understand this isn't a complete food scent, and I also have a lot of experience with The Body Shop's Body Butters. I can see why there's a negative aura around this.
First, it does have a chocolate note, but not a huge sugar note, so more of a raw chocolate. It's texture is typical of most of TBS' body butters - they're like buttah.
Goes on smooth, scent absorbs and doesn't leave a heavy smell behind, but the moisture doesn't disappear with the scent. The moisture takes more time to work in. The best use I've found for TBS Body Butter was after a shower, especially after a shave. Worked from neck to toes, you end up feeling like a silky little bon bon and sweet dreams are sure to be along soon.
Yes its pricey, and it can be had in expensive pockets. I say its worth it. I paid too much, but I will have that body butter for literally years and enjoy every gently scented, creamy moment of it.

not the biggest fan of the smell. however, it does a pretty good job in moisturizing. my skin stays smooth and soft for the next couple of days after applying. glad it didn't irritate my sensitive skin. overall, good product but won't repurchase since there are a lot more products which do the same job or even better at lower prices.

Smells really nice and it feels like it moisturize the skin!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Chocomania Body Butter from The Body Shop is delicious—it seriously is “decadently chocolatey” & even though it does smell like German chocolate cake, I can smell the cocoa butter (I can't stand it) & shea butter almost as much as I can smell the chocolate. This body butter truly does last 48 hours & the extra long-lasting hydration is amazing now that it's winter & I need it. It absorbed quickly into my skin & felt really greasy, but it did feel good after it sank in. If your skin gets dry & you’re like me & don’t like putting lotion on every single day, I recommend.

I picked this up when I was on holiday in London last year. It wasn't as moisturising as I hoped it would be.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm a great fan of the Body Shop body butters and usually I get the Vanilla limited edition at Christmas ( and in the sales). When I got the chocolate one I was really excited. I quickly smelled it in the shop I thought it was ok but maybe a bit off because people put their fingers in and was not kept in the most hygienical conditions. Well, mine at home smelled just the same. Not real chocolate but plastic chocolate, really sickening and weird. The formula is ok, thick, hydrating, but I wouldn't say it smells like your Lindt Easter Egg.

THIS IS NY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE SCENT FROM THE BODY SHOP! I'm soooooo disappointed it is being discontinued:( However, because it is being discontinued it is cheaper than ever! Body butter and body scrub is $10 each instead of $20, perfume is $7-$8, lip butter is $2-$3 and sets are half off! I love this sale I've saved like $60 buying this on sale! But now to the actual review of the product! I love this is is super creamy and sweet and it's just awesome!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I honestly don't understand why this product is getting so much hate!
It smells absolutely amazing -just like a rich chocolate should- and does a fantastic job at moisturising my skin. I often wear stockings, so when I finally remove them after a long day I am hit with the most beautiful scent and treated with silky smooth legs.
The smell is lovely -it's not overpowering, but just right- and when paired with other body butters such as Strawberry, becomes a whole new scent that is absolutely delicious.

It isn't oily at all. In fact, I find that it does wonders for my dry skin. So not only does it smell divine, but it is incredibly moisturizing- which is an amazing bonus.

I was honestly upset when I found out that it was discontinued because it was my go-to body butter. It smelled incredible and was so different to everything else that I've tried.

This smelled amazing in the tub and on the skin and I would absolutely re-purchase it.

On another note- it tastes disgusting, like, really, really awful.
Sometimes I wipe my lips on the back of my hand and suddenly I taste this really horrible chemical taste. When I'm wearing it, I just remind myself not to touch my lips and all is well.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products