April 16, 2014 | 1012 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Chocomania Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I got this product for free with Ulta rewards. Prior to, I had never tried a body butter from The Body Shop. The price is always what steered me away. The thought of spending $19 on a lotion was just a tad bit too much for me.

I was worried about the scent because I HATE chocolate scents, they always make me feel sick. However I LOVE the scent of this. It's definitely more coco butter than chocolate. And the chocolate scent you do get is more of an expensive chocolate than a cheap overly sugary chocolate.

The product it self has done amazing things for my dry skin. I live in Ohio where we've just been killed this winter with freezing temps, and tons of snow. I needed something that wouldn't let the cold weather defeat my poor skin and this works. I use it every morning after getting out of the shower, and it lasts me pretty much most of the day before my skin feels dry and uncomfortable again. Now this product does have a "48hr hydration claim", for me personally I can only get maybe 10 hours out of it, which is fine by me. I will definitely repurchase, I already have my eye on another scent I can't wait to try!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by distillafan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate the smell of this it is too sickly and makes
Me want to scrub my
Skin off whenever I use it. It's very moisturising just the scent is gross. My exes mother got me this two
So that's probably another reason it has put
Me off it ha ha

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is probably the only body butter from Body Shop I hate. It smells so bad. I mean bad. It does not smell like chocolate, it smells like socks, lol. I read other people saying socks and other weird stuff and it is spot on.

It's not as moisturizing as the other butters either, not sure what happened here, but this is a total fail. The price is high as well, so it becomes even worse.

My favorite ones are Shea, Cocoabutter, Brazilian Nut, and Olive. They are ALL great, EXCEPT this. AVOID like the plaque! Dramatic I know, but seriously, for $19 bucks?! NO.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like the smell but there are two other aspects of this product that bother me. First, this balls up and rolls off my skin after I put my clothes on. What's the point of body butter if it's not going to absorb? Second, after I apply and wash my hands, enough still lingers on my fingers so that I can taste it if I eat something with my hands...and it tastes nasty!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by oxymora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you're looking for an almost edible chocolate smell, you'll be disappointed. There is a floral, musky note to this body butter once it hits your skin. A more sophisticated chocolate scent.
This butter is the thicker consistency, making it good for dry skin.
If you're looking for a more "chocolate bar" scent, go for Palmers cocoa butter lotions instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by b4rbie

I actually like the scent, I think it does smell chocolatey and sweet and that's just my scene. However I don't understand why these butters get so much love. For me, it's a thin layer of sticky just sitting on my skin. It doesn't sink in or deeply hydrate. I put it on one leg and it didn't feel any different from my other dry leg. It's so thinnnn wahhhh I can't stand it. The only plus is the smell so I'll definitely use it up. Yum

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by MissRivett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This does not smell like any chocolate I've ever come across. It smells very fake and almost like plastic. I had intended to just use it to get rid of it, but notice that it leaves my hands very sticky. None of the other body butters I've used have ever left my skin feeling sticky, but this one definitely does and its kinda gross. Glad this was a freebie during their sale and nothing I actually spent money on. Horrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by MarMasana

I knew I was gonna buy this body butter the moment I smelled it. As a fan of chocolate I wanted to eat it. I tried it on my legs and it left them really soft. I wouldn't buy it again because my favourite is the vanilla one but I wanted to give it a try and I did like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by CStuartMonteith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Boy, I am glad MakeUPAlley exists, where you can actually read genuine positive and negative reviews. I once wrote to the Body Shop website mentioning that some of their body butters contained parabens and my message was rejected, as well as another review criticizing one of their body butters. That's why all their body butters got 4/5 stars.
The chocomania smells like a very cheap chocolate, a bit sickly really. Texture is ok, a bit waxy.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by ellielikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Really good for moisturizing; it gives a lovely shine and makes your legs super soft...just like all the body butters from the body shop.

The only reason I wouldn't buy again is because of the smell. It wasn't a bad smell it just didn't smell like chocolate, it smelt more of coconut.

I think I'll try a different flavor when I run out.