September 24, 2014 | 1465 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Chocomania Body Butter

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2014 4:13:00 AM More reviews by alessandrakatigbak

I picked this up when I was on holiday in London last year. It wasn't as moisturising as I hoped it would be.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by bululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a great fan of the Body Shop body butters and usually I get the Vanilla limited edition at Christmas ( and in the sales). When I got the chocolate one I was really excited. I quickly smelled it in the shop I thought it was ok but maybe a bit off because people put their fingers in and was not kept in the most hygienical conditions. Well, mine at home smelled just the same. Not real chocolate but plastic chocolate, really sickening and weird. The formula is ok, thick, hydrating, but I wouldn't say it smells like your Lindt Easter Egg.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Missyboo123

THIS IS NY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE SCENT FROM THE BODY SHOP! I'm soooooo disappointed it is being discontinued:( However, because it is being discontinued it is cheaper than ever! Body butter and body scrub is $10 each instead of $20, perfume is $7-$8, lip butter is $2-$3 and sets are half off! I love this sale I've saved like $60 buying this on sale! But now to the actual review of the product! I love this is is super creamy and sweet and it's just awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 4:52:00 AM More reviews by terralynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I honestly don't understand why this product is getting so much hate!
It smells absolutely amazing -just like a rich chocolate should- and does a fantastic job at moisturising my skin. I often wear stockings, so when I finally remove them after a long day I am hit with the most beautiful scent and treated with silky smooth legs.
The smell is lovely -it's not overpowering, but just right- and when paired with other body butters such as Strawberry, becomes a whole new scent that is absolutely delicious.

It isn't oily at all. In fact, I find that it does wonders for my dry skin. So not only does it smell divine, but it is incredibly moisturizing- which is an amazing bonus.

I was honestly upset when I found out that it was discontinued because it was my go-to body butter. It smelled incredible and was so different to everything else that I've tried.

This smelled amazing in the tub and on the skin and I would absolutely re-purchase it.

On another note- it tastes disgusting, like, really, really awful.
Sometimes I wipe my lips on the back of my hand and suddenly I taste this really horrible chemical taste. When I'm wearing it, I just remind myself not to touch my lips and all is well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Sutherlande

Love the smell. I layer it with Brazil nut and Shea shower creams/scrubs/EDT. It moisturizes well - not 48 hours well, but it does make my skin feel and smell delightful. Unfortunately, it does not taste good at all. I know, I know, it's not meant to be edible, but until you wear this, you don't realize how often you must touch your skin and have some of your lotions transfer to you mouth. This tastes horrible. I don't know if this body butter contains bitterant, perhaps to ward children off, but it tastes disgusting. It is definitely not a body butter you want to use if you're planning on getting lucky.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by dribbel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm glad I bought a small size of the disgusting butter! The smell is like rotten chocolate, on my skin it feels like putting on candle wax. Sorry not for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I got this product for free with Ulta rewards. Prior to, I had never tried a body butter from The Body Shop. The price is always what steered me away. The thought of spending $19 on a lotion was just a tad bit too much for me.

I was worried about the scent because I HATE chocolate scents, they always make me feel sick. However I LOVE the scent of this. It's definitely more coco butter than chocolate. And the chocolate scent you do get is more of an expensive chocolate than a cheap overly sugary chocolate.

The product it self has done amazing things for my dry skin. I live in Ohio where we've just been killed this winter with freezing temps, and tons of snow. I needed something that wouldn't let the cold weather defeat my poor skin and this works. I use it every morning after getting out of the shower, and it lasts me pretty much most of the day before my skin feels dry and uncomfortable again. Now this product does have a "48hr hydration claim", for me personally I can only get maybe 10 hours out of it, which is fine by me. I will definitely repurchase, I already have my eye on another scent I can't wait to try!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by distillafan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate the smell of this it is too sickly and makes
Me want to scrub my
Skin off whenever I use it. It's very moisturising just the scent is gross. My exes mother got me this two
So that's probably another reason it has put
Me off it ha ha

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is probably the only body butter from Body Shop I hate. It smells so bad. I mean bad. It does not smell like chocolate, it smells like socks, lol. I read other people saying socks and other weird stuff and it is spot on.

It's not as moisturizing as the other butters either, not sure what happened here, but this is a total fail. The price is high as well, so it becomes even worse.

My favorite ones are Shea, Cocoabutter, Brazilian Nut, and Olive. They are ALL great, EXCEPT this. AVOID like the plaque! Dramatic I know, but seriously, for $19 bucks?! NO.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like the smell but there are two other aspects of this product that bother me. First, this balls up and rolls off my skin after I put my clothes on. What's the point of body butter if it's not going to absorb? Second, after I apply and wash my hands, enough still lingers on my fingers so that I can taste it if I eat something with my hands...and it tastes nasty!