July 22, 2014 | 2104 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverCreme Intense Nourishing

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Lathers well for sulfate free, creamy and thick, smells good. I was using Redken products before and hoped to switch and save some money. Unfortunately, even though this is sulfate free (my scalp gets greasy, itchy, and covered in scalp acne with harsh detergents, certain oils and extracts, etc.), the day after I used it (I shower at night), my scalp got that greasy, residue-y, itchy feeling. Glad I still have the Redken.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

TERRIBLE. This left a nasty residue in my hair after minutes of rinsing. Also made my hair feel like straw, not soft at all. Threw this in the trash! :(

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by thegroove42

Beware if you have thick hair... A little bit of this shampoo does go a long way, but when I was rinsing it out, it felt like I still had residue in my hair. I bought it because of the smell, but it made my hair feel heavy and residue-y. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Ravey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure I've ever written a review for a shampoo. As long as it is sulfate free, smells fairly nice, and cleans my hair, I really am not fussy with shampoo. Or rather, I guess I didn't find that it mattered very much what I used. For reference, my hair is longish, color treated and as a result of that, quite dry. This is the only shampoo that doesn't make my hair feel like straw after I've washed it out, which is a feeling I had forgotten. After washing my hair feels nourished and soft, and as a result I use less conditioner. I don't know if this would be great for someone with oily hair, but if you hair is dry like mine, this is fantastic stuff. I'm on around my 4th bottle now and still quite happy with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2014 7:43:00 AM More reviews by shiv123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WORST SHAMPOO I'VE EVER USED. Sadly I need to express my utter hate in this product. I have used it to try and make my hair nice and soft but instead when I dried my hair.. I felt this sticky warm feeling all underneath my top layer of hair like I hadn't washed my shampoo out (I am very thorough with washing my hair in the shower) I thought I must have made a mistake so I went back to the shower and had to wash my hair over again and the exact same thing happened again and again it left the THICKEST residue. It is way too sticky and thick and leaves a thick residue. I showed my mother and boyfriend they were shocked at how much residue was stuck on my head. I would never use it again if my life depended on it. The conditioner however is quite nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In the past, I haven't been the kind of girl who formed a serious relationship with a shampoo. My hair is pretty low maintenance (fine, healthy, straight and only gets frizzy when I fuss with it), so I've never had a mission to find a HG shampoo. I switched brands every time I ran out of one just out of boredom, not because I expected to find something better. I've had shampoos that I've liked and ones that I've didn't, but none that I've thought 'OMG this one is awesome.'

Until now! This winter has been hard on my scalp, so when I was in the market for a new shampoo I decided to give a SLS free shampoo as I figured it wouldn't hurt to use something gentler than my usual choices. L'Oreal's Ever-line is cheap and easy to find, so I decided to look to them for my first ever SLS free shampoo. My hair is fine and can be greasy at the roots, so I wasn't sure if choosing this shampoo over one of L'Oreal's others was the best call. But since moisture was what I needed, even if just for my scalp, I decided to give EverCreme a go. And I'm so glad I did! This makes my hair SO soft and SO shiny! Even after my first use I noticed a difference. And despite my initial concerns, this hasn't weighed down my hair at all. It still has plenty of body (more so than after using the Aussie volume shampoo that I just threw out) and I haven't had to adjust my washing schedule (about 3x a week) at all.

It even did a good job washing out an oil based scalp treatment I tried last week, which I hadn't expected since this product doesn't bubble quite as aggressively as the SLS-based shampoos I'm used to using (though it does foam up nicely) and since it doesn't produce that "squeaky clean" feeling as I'm washing it out. I'm not sure how well it does with removing product build up as I don't use a lot of hair products and I'm in the habit of doing a ACV rinse which does a good job of stripping build up on its own.

And did I mention that smells nice? Because it does. A very pretty creamy vanilla that doesn't smell fake or overly sweet. Not sure if it lingers at all after washing because my ACV rinse drowns out any other scents, but it's nice in the shower.

I will definitely repurchase this shampoo and am impressed enough with this line, that if EverCreme ends up being too heavy for me in the summer I'll be checking out one of L'Oreal's other Ever- shampoos before I look anywhere else. And I may end up picking up the matching conditioner when I run out of what I'm using now!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I'm almost done my first bottle of this and the conditioner. I really love the feel of this, both while washing and after when my hair is dry. You can really tell this product is packed with moisture. Sometimes when my hair really needs a good clean, this almost feels like it isn't cleaning enough, but when my hair is dry it is always perfectly clean and lightweight and buildup free. I love the smell, it's like a fresh vanilla scent, which is pretty strong so if you don't like that then this isn't for you.
I think this is a great line for the winter months when the air is dry and my hair needs extra moisture!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by MamaMo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the smell, but it just makes my hair feel coated. There's also not much in there, it's relatively cheap but it's in a pretty small container.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Gantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-The cost is reasonable IMO
-For me the smell is nice (vanilla)
-Won't weigh your hair down or make it greasy
-Makes your hair soft and shiny IME

Cons:
-The scent may be strong if you don't like vanilla or are fragrance sensitive
-If you have longer hair you may find that you will need to repurchase more frequently

Overall:
This is probably one of my favorite shampoos, I bought it at Walmart for like $6. I've been using this pretty faithfully for an entire year. When I first used this I had color treated hair that was extremely dry and damaged. At first use I noticed it had a nice lather to it, which was unexpected from a sulfate free shampoo. It has a strong vanilla scent to it, I'm okay with that but some people are sensitive to certain fragrances. At the time I was not using the EverCreme conditioner with it, but I still noticed an immediate difference in the texture of my hair, it was soft and shiny. I have cut my hair very short recently so that all of my hair is untreated and undamaged. I kept using this shampoo and it did not weigh my hair down or make it greasy at all. I may also add that I have used higher end hair care and nothing has worked quite as good for the price as this. I will definitely continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I bought the cleansing conditioner and leave in when the line was new, so I was curious about other products. For this and the matching conditioner it's about $12 at the lowest price, and the tubes don't last long. You'll go through it before you know it, and that is when using it every other day. The shampoo does last much longer because it's so concentrated.
I love the scent, like shea butter and vanilla. The lather is incredibly thick and rich with lots of small bubbles that turn into a foam. I love the feeling during and after shampooing. It gets my hair clean and moisturized, so I don't have a single complaint about it. Except that I wish it came in a huge pump bottle.