December 18, 2014 | 1211 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Dream Lumi Touch

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by CosmoFan12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good product for highlighting and illuminating but as far as concealing,not so much. I would suggest using this as a supplementary product to your beauty routine when you want to give your eye and cheeks a brightening effect. Blends well with a luminous finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by snoepje

Oh lord jesus, I cannot live without this product. I think I've gone through 10 of them. I love it. But I don't love that it only lasts me about a month. Today I gave up and just bought 3 at once so I don't always have to go back after running out AGAIN. But anyways; this is just the best under-eye concealer/highlighter thingy I've found to date. Granted, I haven't tried THAT many, but the ones I have tried are too pink or too dry or too this or too that... This is the one. I use it every day. I can't do without it. On days where I don't want to put in too much effort, I just chuck this on under my eyes, bit of mascara and voila. It does crease a liiiiiittle bit in that tiny little crease right by your tearduct that crinkles when you smile, but nothing a bit of pressed powder can't solve.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2014 6:58:00 AM More reviews by PinkPuma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up in buff (I think. I throw away the package.) I use this over my under eye concealer, as others have said. It does brighten under the eye, but the formula is somewhat thick and I find it dry. So it does have a nasty tendency to dry up your under eye. Which I don't like because it really makes the area look crepe-y (and yes, I DO use eye creams and a primer but it doesn't help the drying effect). I haven't tried it as a highlighter yet, but that's my plan for this product since I don't like the end result under my eyes. I didn't notice it to be illuminating under the eye so I don't know how much this will actually highlight. It's also quite expensive, around $8 for .005 oz so not using the rest of it is just a waste of money. I gave this 3 lippies because it does brighten and somewhat conceal but it's not so attractive under the eyes. BUT I'm sure this can be good for something else

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Divi4u

Before I begin with my review, just want to say that I use this for what I believe is its intended purpose - as a undereye highlighter.... and not as an undereye concealer.

I know the popular idea is to camouflage your dark circles by choosing a concealer which is shade or two lighter than your foundation to brighten your undereyes.
But consider this - Your undereye area is actually much more darker than your skin on the rest of your face, so the concealer you choose will in effect be several shades lighter than your under eye color. This would probably cause your under eyes to look pasty and would draw more attention to it (and not in a good way) rather than covering it up.

I therefore use the same or preferably a slightly darker shade in concealer (I use NC45 in MAC Mineralise concealer .....I am a NC43 in foundation) to cover up my bags and dark circles.

Once this is done, I use this illuminator in dots under the eyes and tap lightly and blend and smooth it in. This almost instantly brightens the eyes and the result is lovely bright fresh looking face that stays put for most of the day. That's the reason why this illuminator is not available in darker shades, as its an illuminator and not meant to be available in darker shades. If it was meant to conceal, I'm sure Maybelline would have considered releasing many more shades to match various skin shades and tones.

I have given the packaging a 3, as the clicky turning thing is a pain to use. Ideally you need to turn the clicky wheel, wait 5 seconds to see if the prdouct surfaces or not - if not turn some more and wait another 5 seconds. This happens because the product takes time to reach the brush. However when your in a hurry, you can imagine how irritating this can get and several times, I have lost my patience and turned more clicks together, only to find a lot of product oozing out and I need to wipe off the brush and waste a considerable amount. Considering you get a measly .05 flz oz only, you can imagine the frustration.

Although I have said I will buy it again, I know there are many other illuminator pens in the market now, and If i get more quantity and a better quality product at a better package, I may not buy this again. But in all fairness, as a product, it does a more than decent job for what its meant to do - highlight and illuminate.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by MrsPeet15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really impressed with this for the price. Highlights perfectly on my extremely fair skin - I bought the fairest shade - when i ran out of bare minerals. People have noted they have had issues with the packaging, but I find 1 turn dispenses enough product? lasted all day, covered nicely and highlights beautifully. Tempted to buy a darker shad and have a go at some contouring with it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I've owned this for a long time. I've finally given up on it, I just can't get this to work for me. It is very dry looking and doesn't blend well with other products. Everyone seems to like it so maybe it is just my tube.

Anyway, not rebuying.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by chanelle821

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually own two of these, one that matches my skintone and one in a lighter shade. Overall, its just ok. I have used up both of my concealers, but I dont know if I'd repurchase. The coverage is ehhh. Good for light/moderate coverage, but this is not going to cover anything major. I do like that it comes in a pen form like the YSL Touche Eclat, but all of the lettering on the package completely wears off after a couple of uses. This is probably better for some easy contouring after you've applied your foundation and a good concealer, this would do a good job of brightening, but minimal coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

I wouldn't call this a concealer as it doesn't offer much coverage. Instead I apply this as a highlight over the top of a higher coverage concealer. It brightens my dark circles and doesn't crease under my eyes but I feel like there's products that do the exact same thing for cheaper. I will continue to repurchase this until I find something cheaper though.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Ragdoll87

This product didn't swirl for me well at all. It didn't conceal under my eyes nor did it brighten my under eye area or anywhere I put it. I was really disappointed. And especially for how much it was. I also wasted a lot of product because it took so many clicks to get the product out! So, for the price you pay in my opinion it's not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

This is a great product because it blends out well and it really conceals under my eyes, as well as a few acne scars. The packaging is beautiful and simply, and it is in a pen form. To get product, you have to twist the bottom, which causes the brush-like tip to have what you need! It's called "Dreamlumi," but I am not sure if it has any light-reflecting properties or not...it just works. There are downsides to this product. You don't get that much product and there are not that many color choices. I have been advised to get a color one or two shades lighter than what I would get as a foundation shade, so I got this in buff. It matches me very well and I have yellow undertones. I do like this product very much, but I think there are other things out there to match. I have heard great things about the Fit Me line concealer, so I will try that, but if that didn't work for you, then you actually might like this!