Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour

4.8

on 12/22/2014 7:48:00 PM

This is the best blush I have used. I use the Tender Mauve on my fair with red undertone skin and it looks very natural. The compact is deceivingly small because the blush is intense so I only use a little at a time and blend it around. It blends very nicely and lasts all day. It retails for about $26 but the compact lasts a long time and I definitely feel I'm getting my moneys worth.

on 6/8/2014 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have Sweet Mandarin and it's the perfect pop of subtle and flattering colour for everyday for my colouring. I'm nearly at the end of my compact and was going to defect back to NARS but the texture and finish of LM's blushes will be hard to beat.

My only beef is that the compact is rather small and I seem to have gotten through mine pretty quickly. However, I will definitely repurchase Sweet Mandarin because it just works so well for me. The colour looks very bright and possibly unwearable in the pan and a little goes a long way on the brush but the end result is definitely a your cheeks but better look on me.

pwm

on 2/11/2014 7:51:00 AM

This blush, in violet orchid, is just what I had been looking for. I am fair skinned,brunette, and wear Revlon Love That Red lipstick, with burgundy lip liner.This blush gave me the rose color (no brown or peach tones)on my cheeks I wanted, and stays on all day. I use one light swipe on the product and do both cheeks, sometimes adding a little. I wear Laura Mercier Silk Creme makeup in Blush Ivory and her translucent loose powder. It is another Great Laura Mercier product!

on 10/8/2013 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Love LM blush. Currently Rose Petal. More of a summer blush but can be built up for more intensity.

Very smooth and natural looking. Sheer no sparkles.

The package pops into my 3 and 6 pan palatte, great for organization and travel

Size looks small, about same as BB. Same price per ounce as Tom Ford but without the (baggage) of huge packaging and clunky chunky item to lug in purse.

I love this blush probably will always use

Perfect application with blush brush (I use Paula Dorf)

on 9/12/2013 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this in Rose Bloom which is a gorgeous cross between rose and coral. I love that there is no glitter/ shimmer/ sparkle. It gives a soft natural color to the cheeks. The powder is so finely milled it feels like silk .
You know how people are always going on about how amazing Nars orgasm blush is? It is. I used to use it. Now I use this. LM in Rose Bloom is what Orgasm wants to be when it grows up into a sophisticated adult.

on 8/3/2013 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in violet orchid and am very pleased. Corally blushes usually look best on me, since I'm pale with yellow undertones. Finally, a pink I can wear without looking garish! It's a natural pinky/purpley flush with slight dewiness. Lasting power is decent and it's buildable. I love LM Stickgloss in Black Orchid and this is the perfect match. If you like pinky or plummy lip shades, but have difficulty wearing pink blushes, give this a try. It also doesn't contain bismuth oxychloride, a big plus. So far no breakouts with my sensitive skin, I'll update if it does. Great product!

on 1/19/2013 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've bought this blush three times in a row now. So I'm surprised I haven't written a review yet. It is my go-to blush, I always buy Rose Bloom, a soft natural look. The powder is never streaky and blends really well.

on 11/29/2012 8:20:00 PM

I needed a new Fall blush so I decided to try Laura Mercier's Second Skin Cheek Colour in Spiced Cider. It's a really gorgeous orange-brown color with gold shimmer. The shimmer isn't noticeable on the cheeks. Spiced Cider looks really natural on and it contours the crap out of my face without doing any contouring. The blush in general is perfectly pigmented. One swipe with my brush is usually enough for both of my cheeks. I love the packaging! A lot of people say it's too small but I think it's really cute and it's perfectly sized for travel.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my first Laura Mercier blush. I have it in Tender Mauve. It is a dusty rose matte color that is perfect for me. It has pretty good staying power. I love that the compact is tiny, so I can use this one in my purse. Great pigmentation, and I have so many favorites that I found here on MUA, this one needs some more trials to make it to the top of my list, but highly recommended.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING! I have Second Skin Cheek Colour in 'Tender Mauve' and 'Winter Bloom'.
Tender Mauve is my all time favourite blush (I have tested a few, Mac, Nars, Benefit etc.. in cream, loose and compact)!!! It has a great texture and is easily blended into the apples of the cheeks and swept across cheek bones. The shade is amazing.. It looks quite pink on the website but it's not a candy pink, it is more of a dirty pink but still looks fresh! You can wear as much or as little as you like to build on the colour and it stays beautifully matte all day long.
Winter Bloom is also a favourite, I have bought this blush more than once. It is more of a coral-pink shade and leaves a slight glow (not glittery at all like Nars Orgasm)! This looks fabulous in the winter when you need a boost of radiance or on holiday when you want a sunkissed look. My mother also swears by this shade and wears it every day and she's in her 60s!
The only criticism I would give is the size of the blush, unfortunately it is half the size of Nars blush but on the other hand the quality is amazing.

Popular Blush Products