April 20, 2014 | 1664 users online

Blush - Laura Mercier - Second Skin Cheek Colour

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 7:51:00 AM More reviews by pwm

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This blush, in violet orchid, is just what I had been looking for. I am fair skinned,brunette, and wear Revlon Love That Red lipstick, with burgundy lip liner.This blush gave me the rose color (no brown or peach tones)on my cheeks I wanted, and stays on all day. I use one light swipe on the product and do both cheeks, sometimes adding a little. I wear Laura Mercier Silk Creme makeup in Blush Ivory and her translucent loose powder. It is another Great Laura Mercier product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love LM blush. Currently Rose Petal. More of a summer blush but can be built up for more intensity.

Very smooth and natural looking. Sheer no sparkles.

The package pops into my 3 and 6 pan palatte, great for organization and travel

Size looks small, about same as BB. Same price per ounce as Tom Ford but without the (baggage) of huge packaging and clunky chunky item to lug in purse.

I love this blush probably will always use

Perfect application with blush brush (I use Paula Dorf)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by IceCheerMom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this in Rose Bloom which is a gorgeous cross between rose and coral. I love that there is no glitter/ shimmer/ sparkle. It gives a soft natural color to the cheeks. The powder is so finely milled it feels like silk .
You know how people are always going on about how amazing Nars orgasm blush is? It is. I used to use it. Now I use this. LM in Rose Bloom is what Orgasm wants to be when it grows up into a sophisticated adult.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in violet orchid and am very pleased. Corally blushes usually look best on me, since I'm pale with yellow undertones. Finally, a pink I can wear without looking garish! It's a natural pinky/purpley flush with slight dewiness. Lasting power is decent and it's buildable. I love LM Stickgloss in Black Orchid and this is the perfect match. If you like pinky or plummy lip shades, but have difficulty wearing pink blushes, give this a try. It also doesn't contain bismuth oxychloride, a big plus. So far no breakouts with my sensitive skin, I'll update if it does. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by letyeu

I've bought this blush three times in a row now. So I'm surprised I haven't written a review yet. It is my go-to blush, I always buy Rose Bloom, a soft natural look. The powder is never streaky and blends really well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by cowhugger

I needed a new Fall blush so I decided to try Laura Mercier's Second Skin Cheek Colour in Spiced Cider. It's a really gorgeous orange-brown color with gold shimmer. The shimmer isn't noticeable on the cheeks. Spiced Cider looks really natural on and it contours the crap out of my face without doing any contouring. The blush in general is perfectly pigmented. One swipe with my brush is usually enough for both of my cheeks. I love the packaging! A lot of people say it's too small but I think it's really cute and it's perfectly sized for travel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first Laura Mercier blush. I have it in Tender Mauve. It is a dusty rose matte color that is perfect for me. It has pretty good staying power. I love that the compact is tiny, so I can use this one in my purse. Great pigmentation, and I have so many favorites that I found here on MUA, this one needs some more trials to make it to the top of my list, but highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by productobsess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING! I have Second Skin Cheek Colour in 'Tender Mauve' and 'Winter Bloom'.
Tender Mauve is my all time favourite blush (I have tested a few, Mac, Nars, Benefit etc.. in cream, loose and compact)!!! It has a great texture and is easily blended into the apples of the cheeks and swept across cheek bones. The shade is amazing.. It looks quite pink on the website but it's not a candy pink, it is more of a dirty pink but still looks fresh! You can wear as much or as little as you like to build on the colour and it stays beautifully matte all day long.
Winter Bloom is also a favourite, I have bought this blush more than once. It is more of a coral-pink shade and leaves a slight glow (not glittery at all like Nars Orgasm)! This looks fabulous in the winter when you need a boost of radiance or on holiday when you want a sunkissed look. My mother also swears by this shade and wears it every day and she's in her 60s!
The only criticism I would give is the size of the blush, unfortunately it is half the size of Nars blush but on the other hand the quality is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 1:54:00 AM More reviews by lc15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased the Lotus Pink color and think itís great. The blush is expensive however, a little goes a long way, so it will last a very long time. Super easy to blend and has wonderful staying power. Does not irritate or cause my sensitive skin to break out. The packaging itself is a little small so you have to use a fairly small brush to apply it, but other than that, itís great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by mooseformayor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I *love* Laura Mercier's Second Skin Cheek Colours! Her line of blushes is aptly named because they go on your skin so naturally and flawlessly that it really does look like it's part of your skin or, ahem, your second skin. I began by first acquiring the two that most people seem to crow about the most, Lotus Pink and Lush Nectarine. LP is pretty, but on me, it isn't so unique that I can easily differentiate it from all the other pinks out there (however, I do give it bonus points for being such a vibrant warm pink). On the other hand, I just cannot get over the beauty of Lush Nectarine. It's this gorgeously flattering vivid peach that comes to life on your cheeks and gives you the prettiest "glow from within." I find LM's blush shades seem to be much more subdued than ones from other brands and therefore you really don't have to worry too much about how much to put on or what kind of brush to use. Other notable mentions: Sweet Mandarin, Rose Petal. This is a fantastic (and extremely underrated!) blush line that is perfect for all blush lovers, even novices. I love her Second Skin blushes so much that in temporary moments of insanity I think about saying goodbye to all my other blushes and keeping hers only (emphasis on the word 'temporary,' lol). I hope she never discontinues this line!