April 18, 2014 | 1795 users online

Cleansers - Boscia - Detoxifying Black Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Roxxy6341

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this in a kit when I bought my clarisonic. The way I use this is I pop a dime size amount onto my clarisonic and use it in the shower. I don't notice the warming effect mainly because I use hot water, so I can't comment on that. What I can say however is that I LOVE this cleanser. It really does "detox" the skin. My pores became progressively more un-clogged as I used this cleaners and kept my skin pretty clear as far as black heads and all the other junk that gets into your pores. Its odorless and didn't irritate my skin even when used with my deep pore clarisonic brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by MYarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fabulous product! Definitely my favorite cleanser now. The best I've ever used on my face! I really dig the warming feel as the cleanser deep cleans your pores. Pair this cleanser with the black moisturizer and you are set. A little goes a long way; I use about a pump and that seems to be more than enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by babyboo13636

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this cleanser for 5 months now with a toner and the clinique gel moisturizer and it works wonders on my face the only reason I didn't give it a full 5 stars is because for the price I feel like the bottle should be a little bigger overall this cleanser really does work and would definitely recommend this product to people I know

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by byankitty

Does anyone else with combo skin experience an oiler T-zone when using this? It cleans well and I love it but I feel like it might be the culprit to my recent excess of an oily t-zone. If it is, it really sucks because I love the bottle and the clean feeling if gives me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by kristenleahmc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Didn't work for me! I usually have pretty tough skin that can handle a variety of cleansers and this gave me a dry patch and I have noticed an increase in breakouts. The pump also sucks. Would not repurchase!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by prettylilgurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I received this as a sample from my coworker at Sephora and I really like it. My face is oily in the tzone and dry at the same time this product really does detoxify and clean out your pores but it can be a bit drying. I recommend using a hydrating moisturizer to help. The warmness of this product is really nice you can feel it clean your skin very nicely, it does not burn or irritate the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by cheyneromero

After getting a sample of this from Sephora I was hooked and immediately went out to grab a full sized version if it. The sample came in a soft tube which I liked, whereas the full size comes in a pump bottle. The bottle looks very nice, and I don't necessarily mind the pump, however I feel as though taking this travel I run a higher risk of having it spill in my bag than I would with a tube with a snap lid or screw on lid. Packaging aside, as far as usage goes I love the warming sensation, and I feel as though the heat helps to open up my pores a bit more allowing for a deeper cleanse. Although it's just aesthetics, the black color of the product is pretty cool. It's got a very smooth, almost silky application. I use two pumps on my face directly, then put one pump on my Clarisonic Mia2 and cleanse for one minute. I use this daily and follow with La Roche-Posay's gentle cleanser. I haven't noticed any radical changes in my skin, but it's definitely a great product and I love having it as a part of my daily cleanse routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by signedxchantese

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I got the little sample size from Sephora. I liked the texture and the instant warming feeling on your face when you rub it in. It removes makeup really well, after I use my sephora eye makeup remover. It's a good face wash I use before using my Noxzema. I'm actually questioning buying the larger bottle because i likes the tube packaging and having a a pump will throw me off. But I'll buy it. Good product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by materialface

(note: I'm writing this review after only 2 uses, but will be writing another review for a longer period of time using this)

The fact that I'm writing this review after only using it for 2 days, proves that its either horrendous or a heaven-sent product.. and it is heaven-sent! so far. Although I highly doubt this will take a turn for the worse later on.

Anyways, I've tried the black detox mask when it first came out, didn't do anything so I returned it. After that, I ignored Boscia's black line. But this detox face wash has been getting rave reviews from sephora users, plus I needed a new facewash so I figured I'd try it.

I use my Clarisonic mia2 everyday in the morning. I've tried lathering the facewash onto my face and then scrubbing with my mia, and I've also tried pumping the product directly onto my mia (which works better with all my other washes), and this way worked much better. I used 2 pumps

I wanted to test the detox element of this facewash to see how well it works. So since I didn't remove my makeup last night (i know i know, shame on me), this morning after taking makeoff off with my bioderma water, I went in with my Mia + facewash. You wouldn't even know that i slept without washing my face.

additional pro's:
- My forehead and nose's large pores felt squeeky clean and smooth.
- the sides of my nose and cheeks are always slightly red, and since using this facewash, the redness is starting to disappear.
- I usually have to use a blotting sheet by 11am everyday. Its 2pm and I still haven't had to use one! this is a big deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by melanieRD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I, too, picked up a sample w points from sephora. I'm not sure if I want to buy the full size or just buy the biore warning soap. prices are always a factor when ordering from sephora. this soap felt so luxurious. it's gentle, warm for about 15-20 seconds, washed off and left no filmy yucky feeling, just clean. I have absolutely awful skin and now know no skin routine will help so I just use whatever I like now. :-)