November 22, 2014 | 1461 users online

Cleansers - Boscia - Detoxifying Black Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Received sample from Sephora with 2 uses in the packet. It's just an ordinary cleanser. I can get nicer ones at the drug store.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It performed stellar on 'the test': washing off a full face of makeup with just fingertips and the toner cotton came off clean afterwards. Washed it alllll away. Neat-o but prob gimmicky warming sensation. Didn't love scent. Didn't leave skin tight at all. A win!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Ooooh... I got this as a Sephora order sample and LOVE it! It's a perfect combination of funky (black cleanser? warming sensation?) and fabulous (great smell, good lather, leaves my skin clean, but not dry). Once I run out of this bottle, I'm going to have to order the full size ($28? really? for a cleanser?) because I just like it that much. I've been trying a lot of cleansers lately for my dry, aging, and chemically treated skin (I've been getting salicylic acid peels every few months) and haven't found anything that doesn't either dry my skin out even more or leave it with a not-so-clean feeling film.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well it's a black colored cleanser due to charcoal. It only warms up mildly when first contact with water. Low lather formula. Did not irritate my acne prone skin. I used it with my Clarisonic, and dislike the way it tinted my bristles a dull gray. I'll pass on this cleanser, prefer their peel off mask.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by leh529

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this as a sample with a recent Sephora order. The first thing I noticed was that this cleanser comes out black from the bottle which reminded me of washing my face with dirt. It foams well and has a very mild scent similar to the clear complexion cleanser. The thing I disliked and which will stop me from purchasing was after I washed this off my face felt extremely tight and unclean. I'm glad I did not purchase this and will stick to the clear complexion cleanser which is much better.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

EDIT: I have reduced my rating to one lippie because I realized this was the thing clogging my pores. Since I finished the bottle, I haven't had any annoying clogs.

This is just an okay cleanser for me. The "warming" sensation is really just a gimmick, and the smell reminds me of pickles (it's kind of off-putting) plus I really don't think it did much to detoxify my skin. I only used it in the morning during my shower so I never tested it ability to remove makeup but it also didn't do anything to clear up my skin or stop me from breaking out. In fact, I'm concerned that it is actually clogging my skin (I can't think of anything else that would be doing it). Regardless, I won't be repurchasing just because it's too expensive to not be a miracle product.

On that note, while it is pricey, the bottle did last me about seven months or so. That's with using one pump a day, once a day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by tC_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: love the sleek packaging, smell and gel texture of the cleanser, the way it heated up on my face and brightened my skin while making it soft. Cons: much too drying for every day use, seemed to strip my skin of all oil (to the point where it looked dehydrated and moisturizer couldn't help), glycolic acid in this cleanser may have also contributed to some breakouts/clogged pores and seemed to irritate my skin. Not sure if I would repurchase because I prefer a more gentle and non irritating cleanser. My HG has always been Boscia's purifying gel cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by liliiris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have oily and sensitive skin that is not easy to please.
I love this cleanser. After using Boscia's clarifying cleanser for a year, Boscia changed the formula and my skin felt oily most of the day with the new formula.

I decided to try the black cleaser and it was perfect for my skin and I have been using it for a year now. My skin has never looked so nice, less blackheads, no breakouts and much smaller pores than before.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample packet of this with the black Konjac sponge I bought a while back but only broke out last week. I do wish Boscia would not cheap out quite so much and give a somewhat more substantial sample so you can really tell whether or not the product is for you but I've been able to get 4 or 5 uses from the packet and I actually really like this product. Okay, so the warming aspect is a very short-lived gimmick, IMO, since by the time I get this from my palm to my face, the "warming" is gone, and the black colour is a bit alarming (but I'm used to Laszlo's Sea Mud Soap, so it was easy to get used to) but this is a really decent cleanser, especially for hot weather. It doesn't irritate my skin or my eyes and doesn't over-dry my face while still getting it clean feeling. I'd certainly purchase this once I used up my latest (and just newly purchased) Ole Henriksen summertime face wash.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by velvetsnow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Finally finished this bottle.

I have combo skin (can be drier or oily depending on the day and the specific way the earth is tilted....My skin changes like the winds is what I mean.) This didn't really do anything for me.

The packaging is okay, the pump wasn't very good towards the end of the product and I couldn't turn the pump on/off.

The cleanser's "warming" sensation lasted for about three seconds. It didn't take off my makeup very well. It does pair nicely with a Clarisonic however.

I did not feel that this cleanser "detoxed" my skin. I do not feel that this cleanser brightened my skin. I do however feel that I could have gotten a better cleanser at the drugstore for a quarter of the price. (Neutrogena naturals makeup removing cleanser is the BOMB.COM)

just an overall "MEH" rating.