November 28, 2014 | 1912 users online

Lips - Maybelline - Super Stay 10 Stain Gloss

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by kh027

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Maybe I got a dud? I bought this at a CVS clearance in the shade 120 Berry Heavenly (I think, the writing is so small!!).

It doesn't last at all on me -- it kisses off. When I take a sip of water, it's off. It just never "sets" I guess.

The color is beautiful while it lasts. The consistency and smell are fine, but the packaging is very messy.

I'll stick with the Revlon balm stains if I want something that actually stains!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by hinaamuneer

Amazing amazing amazing bought this in a fuschia colour and true to its word it lasted 10hrs! Smells amazing too and easy to apply, gonna be wearing and rebuying for a while

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Sallamanda

I bought this product in Forever Ruby, and it's probably one of my favourite lip colours right now!
The packaging is pretty typical for a lip gloss; the tube is a bit chunky, but I don't mind that personally. One annoying thing is that if you remove the price sticker (which, of course, you're going to do), you have no record of the colour name. I do, however, really like the applicator, which is angled, and slightly wider than usual. I find that it's really easy to get a nice, smooth curve with it, which is great for me as I like to extend my lip colour a bit below my lower lip line for a fuller look.
Formula-wise, it's somewhere between a lip gloss and a stain, with a sweet, fruity scent that I actually quite like. The first time I applied it I found it a bit odd, as I was expecting it to either stay glossy or to dry or go tacky, but you actually get a nice shine as though you'd applied lip balm over a stain. You may have some issues if you have dry or flaky lips, as it isn't the most moisturising, but this could probably be overcome by using lip balm before and after application.
The colour is absolutely gorgeous, a lovely dark ruby red, and surprisingly buildable - if you want just a light flush of colour, you can apply just a little to your lips, and use a finger to spread the colour lightly, but if you want a real dark red you can apply straight from the tube. However, the colour definitely does not last ten hours. You have to reapply about as often as you would with a lip gloss. But that doesn't bother me at all - who expects a gloss to last ten hours?
Overall - the packaging is unremarkable, and I wouldn't say that it's staying power was ''super'', but the colour is gorgeous with a nice shine and a very nice applicator. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a vivid lip colour and doesn't need something as long lasting - or as matte - as a typical lip stain.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by amoenaonline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have three of these stain glosses: forever berry, forever coral and something pink (not the exact name of the shade lol, I just can't remember it) and I love them all. I use them more often than my any other lip products. I usually apply them first and go over it with another lipstick or a lip gloss, they are like my base colors.

They don't obviously stay on for 10 hours, but they stay on pretty nicely anyway. I like the packaging, the wand really works for me. They smell really weird... but for some reason I like the scent.

I bought mine on sale, and I think they were worth the discounted price. Would have paid the full price though, not even know when I know how much I use them.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by funkysmama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted these to work for me, because I love the concept of a sheer wash of color, with a little moisture, that lasts for hours, and this product almost delivers (it could be moister). Unfortunately, my lips have a couple of areas that grab stains unevenly, no matter how much I exfoliator/moisturize first. (This happens with other stains too -- you'd think I'd learn.)

Too bad, because the colors I got, Mauve & Plum, are both so pretty. I couldn't quite bring myself to toss them, so I've repurposed them as cheek stains, and they work pretty well for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by mirandlynn3309

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

One of my very favorite things in my makeup bag. This is a new addition, I've only had for a short amount of time but it has made its place and I plan to keep using it as long as it is manufactured. It has beautiful, rich color. Doesnt taste terrible, and the applicator is really unique. I Love this stuff, the color lasts a while but not a miserable long time, realistically like 2-4 hours. Wears great through eatting and drinking, tip* take a wash cloth and scrub your lips a little bit, and then moisturize your lips with a GOOD quality lip balm,(I use C.O. Bigelow's rose salve) pat it in and then apply the color. It goes on smoother and you dont have random concentrated areas of color and it wears longer in my opinion.

Overall great product love it highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by ladykay09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought it for $1.50 @ Big Lots. I like it but I used to the Super Stay lipstick that really stays on FOREVER. This one came off pretty fast. The applicator is really nice though.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by glamycakes2014

i hope they dont discontinue this lip stain. i have it in 150. it tastes like fruit punch to me lol. the color is beautiful. its a coral red color. im not really good at describing but its really nice. also love the brush. its a cool circular thing lol. i dont think it last for 10 hrs more like 2 hrs. but i still love it. please dont be discontinuing this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by mlleange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think they are discontinuing this product because I got a bunch on clearance for 2$. I will use extras as stock stuffers!

I have to say that for 2$ this stuff rocks but i wouldnt pay full price (10$).

It does last a while if you apply a coat and let it dry - you will get the matte stain effect. I have it in one of the deeper reds and it works beautifully at a stain. It has become my go to low maintenance lip colour. It does fade but when it does it doesnt make patches or lines! So no need to babysit. For a drugstore product staying power is decent.

I don't really like glosses, and I wouldn't use it as a gloss. The dark reds I have are too pigmented/goopy to be practical to reality as glosses, you would need too much product.

The packaging also sucks.... why so chunky and such a bad applicator?!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by LydzQcFi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I have this in Forever Berry, I think it was called in Europe. And I CANNOT find this product anywhere in stores nowadays, don't know what happened to it, but I really liked.

This shade is a gorgeous, very deep berry, not for the shy ones. And no, the caps don't show the true colour inside the tube. First thing I noticed is that the glossyness is short lived. It lasted less than one hour on me, and went completely matte. Now while it's glossy, it's VERY transferable, (like any glossy product), and won't stay, won't even stain (like any glossy product), as long as it's in this state. Do anything to it and it'll go away.

For the stain part, you have to let it dry to the matte finish. At this point it's pretty much anything proof except really greasy foods. Don't go rub fried chicken skin on it, watch it leave and then complain about the staying power, you've now been warned.

The dryness. Yep, ladies (and gents if it applies) you HAVE to scrub your lips beforehands. A toothbrush is good enough for that, no need to shed a fortune on lip scrubs that'll give the exact same result.
Also you have to make sure to hydrate your lips. Apply some balm or vaseline while you do the rest of your makeup, let it absorbe, then RUB THE EXCESS. Very important.
With time unfortunatly, the colour will still settle in your fine lines. That's the one lippy I took away from the score. To prevent this as much as possible you can just apply balm over it, I have one that's not so greasy so it doesn't affect the colour and prevent me from looking as if I just came out of a camping trip to the desert.

Over all they have nice shades that are not high maintenance colour-wise as long as you let it sit on your lips for long enough to stain, but it is high maintenance lip-condition-wise as the product will show any bit of dryness you might have. A small price to pay to stay smudge-free, in my opinion.