August 28, 2014 | 1673 users online

Lipstick - Make Up For Ever - Rouge Artist Intense- 'Moulin Rouge'

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous red! Smells lovely and I adore the packaging. Bright like I like and very opaque. Wears very well and long. I drink a lot of tea and this is no match for my teacup. You could get caught in a surprise rainstorm without an umbrella while out at a busy mall and have no idea where your car is. By the time you find it, your eyeliner may be gone, your mascara may be running down your face, but your lipstick will be intact.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by JuliaGhostX3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this lipstick! It is such a great red for me. I find the packaging so cute. It lasts a really long time, too- I put it on at 7 in the morning, and I won't need to reapply for hours. Love love love this lipstick. I will definitely re-purchase this when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Alosha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought Moulin Rouge hoping it would become my favorite red lipstick - deep fire-engine red, as it looked. It has all the characteristics of the Make Up For Ever lipsticks that I've used and reviewed: creamy texture, fairly long-lasting although it will wear off quickly if you don't give it time to dry before eating/drinking. It's very opaque and easy to apply. The packaging is cute - instead of the usual simple black tube there is a pink band around the bottom, a tiny windmill on the top, and the words 'Moulin Rouge' written on one side.
When I applied it, however, I discovered that the red was lighter and pinker than I expected. It was still very red but did not have the contrast I hoped it would. Also, it's very hard to pull off this lipstick with any more than minimal eye makeup. I typically wear very heavy eyeliner or smoky eyeshadow, which frankly makes me look a bit of a harlot with this lipstick. That might be the point, given the name, but it isn't exactly an appropriate look for everyday wear. I am hoping that, if blended with a darker lipstick or maybe with a different shade of gloss, Moulin Rouge will improve, but for the price it wasn't really worth it - ONLY because I misjudged the color. Otherwise it is a great lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Moulin Rouge is an opaque, creamy and highly pigmented red. It's classic red with cool undertones but also flatters my warm-toned skin. The color is strikingly beautiful when i wear it and I usually pair it with black liner and mascara, not much else because I want this color to be the focal point. Other than the color, my favorite aspect of this product is that it's not drying on my lips.

I recommend this for those looking for a classic "old Hollywood" red. I have plenty of this left and several other reds in my collection that are just as pretty so I don't foresee myself repurchasing anytime soon. When I run low, I do plan to repurchase but that will be years from now, I'm sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by illbefloating

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's been a while since I've worn a red lipstick. this color is perfect - obviously red but doesn't give me that washed out look some shades do. I find it lasts very well, but might be the tinest bit dry. I'm not crazy about the scent/taste, but I got used to it quickly. Overall, it's a keeper.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by CorrineSays

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only red that has ever looked good on me. I feel like a clown in red lipstick though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

One of the best red lips I have tried. The color is so vibrant. I think this is what I was looking for when I tried ruby woo and did not like it at all. The formula says satin and it seems very moisturizing and not drying. It isn't really matte but not shiny either...formula is perfect for that red lip.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 4:58:00 AM More reviews by iamandaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

EXtremely pigmented,
great packaging,
does not have the cheap lipstick smell,
very matte yet moisturizing

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow! I didn't need yet another red lipstick, but, heart be still, this is not just any red lipstick. Firstly, this is rather dry, matte and very, very intensely pigment saturated. Not a product to blot out and attempt to stain, too wasteful. This looks sort of bright upon application but don't be misled, this is a mid to deep red with coolness that contrasts and whitens tooth color. Please exfoliate your lips prior to applying or else you will have lizard lips and please, for the love of humanity, line your lips when wearing this. I know, I know, you don't line your lips, but effing LEARN, it matters if you want to look elegant. Anyway, this is sort of waxy matte, applies very smoothly BUT, wears off from lip center to line. Well, it did on me after having spicey Indian food on date night with my hubby. He didn't mind. The waiter, a darling man from Mumbai even complimented my lipstick. That was a good thing, right? The scent is typical lipstick scent, not floral or chemical. The packaging is also not unique, but the tube cover does make a reassuring click upon closure. This color is truely reminiscent of theParis Moulin Rouge or better yet, Berlin burlesque performers circa 1935. Very Helmut Newton looking and dangerously sexy. According to the Sephora SA and the MUFE color wheel this color is best suited for porcelain complected blonds, which indeed I am, and if I dare say, this looks red carpet movie star exceptional on me. I will buy more MUFE lippies in the future.