Revlon Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel

3.9

on 3/4/2015 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Excellent nailpolish! (and I have tried several kinds of brands). I initially purchased it in Hot Hand (a bright pink) because I really liked the intensity of the colour. Only one coat is necessary. Drying is your typical time- you can always use a fan or a hair dryer on cool air mode if you wanna speed things up. Then I noticed that the nailpolish itself stays on for longer than 3 days, with no chipping, no peeling off. A miracle! I then purchased it in three additional colours and so far, have been satisfied with all :) give it a try!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I just purchased this in "Trade Winds" and the color is perfect for that nude manicure look on my fair skin. It is beige enough that I don't look like a corpse without a hint of peach or greyness. Two coats are absolutely necissary to get good opaque coverage.

on 2/15/2014 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

The nail polish as a whole is good, individual colors can be a hit and miss but I'm reviewing "Velvet Rope" a blue based true red color. I wouldn't say its particularly long wearing but for someone like me who changes her nail polish pretty often its no big deal. The color is rich and relatively opaque in 2 coats, the shine is intense and when I wear this nail polish I find my self looking at my nails every time I'm in the light A must have beautiful color.

on 1/9/2014 11:57:00 PM

Trade Winds is my GO TO nude nail polish! There are virtually no drug store nail polishes available near me, that are nude and pretty. Two coats and my nails look phenomenal, as if I got a gel mani. I hope they don't discontinue this line/color like they did to my previous favorite, Rimmel Bare Naked. I get so many compliments and the color is chic and beautiful. It does take long to dry than other nail polishes, but I noted that some of my longest-lasting polishes do. Great brush, perfect application, great pay-off, beautiful colors, lasted me 2 weeks (before my brittle nails broke), wonderful wonderful wonderful.
I'd recommend this to anyone! (I don't use a base coat or top coat.... oops. Remove previous nail polish > Apply 2 coats > Let dry for 30 mins (max) > Beauty! )

UPDATE 6/24/14: This line has been discontinued and will be replaced by the "Gel Envy" collection. Sad... all my favourite products get discontinued. Went out and bought 3 bottles.

on 12/6/2013 5:57:00 PM

Lovely colors and chipped the next day despite base coat & TWO top coats!!!!! I've been using Revlon products for 50 years and my mother used them before me, but I will never again buy their nail polishes.

on 9/24/2013 4:40:00 AM

this is my HG nail polish, very opaque, nice color. perfect for autumn

on 9/13/2013 4:54:00 PM

This nail polish is not worth the extra money. It's roughly the same price as the touted better quality polishes yet does not last as long as it should. I applied the color on Tuesday, wore gloves to do my housework and didn't do much work otherwise yet the color is chipping and peeling today, Friday. I applied good quality base and top coats that work fabulously with other brands and yes, I cleaned all traces of oil before application. The colors are beautiful and the application is smooth, however.

Edit: I am giving this more lippies after buying a different top coat that it seems to work better with. I do, however, don't see any better quality with this over the regular Revlon nail polish. I will stick to purchasing the regular one, because that works extremely well for me.

on 8/6/2013 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have been searching high and low for a nude nail colour that suits me: not too beige as it then looks it looks "ill", and not too pink...

I was browsing Revlon's nail varnishes the other day, and came across "Sandy Nude" and it. is. perfect.

I applied two coats over Revlon's nail whitener, and then Revlon's quick dry top coat.

Staying power was nothing amazing, but the colour is SO perfect that I just don't care! I don't generally like using drug-store brands so if anyone knows of a high-end colour equivalent, I would love to hear it!

on 7/22/2013 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I have this is wild strawberry. First thing i need to point out: LONGWEARING MY BUTT! This doesn't last long. It began chipping the next day on its own. Top coat kinda helps, base coat could help too. but even with them, the color still chipped. But The color is gorgeous! I don't mild reapplying. I get lots of compliments on my sausage toes (my friends can be cruel haha). I wish it didn't chip as quickly, but if you can, get your hands on Wild Strawberry. It so puuuuurty!!

on 6/9/2013 7:12:00 AM

I bought the colour Nude Beige and love this colour! Ive been looking for a nude to match my skintone for a while, also something not to pricey! Thought it was a good price for the amount you get! It lasted well and gives a lovely finish! Would buy this nail varnish again!!