July 25, 2014 | 1702 users online

Pressed Powders - Collection 2000 - Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by ashleyy1235

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this powder in 'translucent' to set my foundation for many years. The only negative thing I can say is that in Boots it retails for around 5, whereas in Superdrug it is 1.99! Shop at superdrug!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by jessfxster

I bought this powder a month ago as it is very inexpensive and looked the right colour, and it's my new favourite. After years of buying the one from Natural Collection, I thought this one was worth a try. And I'm glad I found it, because it works out a lot cheaper if I buy this on the 3 for 2 offer at Superdrug. It lasts all day, however some days my t-zone is especially oily and I have to reapply, but the packaging is practical so that's okay. It keeps my face nice and matte, which is what I like. Will definitely keep on repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Ellie1826

I love this as its great for setting makeup and creating a matte finish. It's a light coverage meaning your face won't end up cakey. It stays on all day and my friend and I have bought this over and over again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Zoe101202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i really love this powder. it sets your make up all day, i am very pale and find it difficult to find pressed powders to match my skin tone, even transparent ones. this is a great match!
i have used this product for literally years! i still haven't found anything better, even high end hasn't beaten this for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by yazmin77

Really nice powder lasts all day and keeps my skin nice and matte, also I brought the shade ivory which is a really nice colour goes really well in my skin tone, you can't go wrong with the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by macwannab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

not a bad powder,sets my foundation lovely,upto now i find it is just as good as my mac msfn,have only used this for 3 days,so hopefully i will be saying the same in 3 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Spyglass

This is the only powder that can keep my skin shine free for hours. Rimmel and other brands just dont seem to perform as well for me sadly.
This doesnt make me break out at all and its dirt cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 5:36:00 AM More reviews by JinBabez

Really good pressed powder!
Bought this for only 2 at superdrug which is really cheap!
Last about 5-6 hours and easy to apply.
Need more colour selection though but overall, I would buy it again and recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 9:18:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

After becoming fed up of having to get Physician's Formula powder imported from the US and making a mess all over my clothes trying to get loose powder from a pot onto my face, I spotted this basic pressed powder at Boots for a mere 2. I'd read the promising reviews on the Collection 2000 shine correcting pressed powder which unfortunately wasn't in stock so I picked this up instead.

The packaging is simple and cheap but does its job well - a thin, fairly flat 17g pot with a clear lid and a black plastic base. I also noticed on the back of the packaging that the inner refill can be removed if a pin is inserted. The compact design makes it ideal for travelling as it doesn't take up too much space in a small makeup bag.

As I am quite pale I picked up the shade #1 - Candlelight. It is slightly too dark for my very fair skin so I probably should have chosen the lightest shade but it isn't too noticeable. I use a large soft Bobbi Brown Face brush to apply a small amount of the powder and add slightly more if necessary - I highly recommend using BB brushes, especially with cheaper products as they are such great quality. It is a light, super-fine powder with a pleasant smell which doesn't linger after applying. It contains silk, vitamin E, UVA and UVB sunscreen, though it's January so I can't yet tell if the sun protection really works, but it does feel very light and soft on my face. I reapply every 5 hours or so as my skin tends to get very oily underneath makeup and it does a great job of absorbing all the excess oil, making my skin look less greasy.

I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a cheap or travel-friendly pressed powder that actually does its job - I will try out others in the future but for now this one works just fine and I don't have to pay a fortune for it.