August 22, 2014 | 1889 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Turbie Twist Microfiber Hair Towel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I like this little towel because it is an easy way to get my wet hair out of the way after a shower. It does help in cutting down drying time but not drastically. Unfortunately I read the advice on not using a fabric conditioner on it too late. Apparently it makes it less absorbent as does bleach.

I do notice some improvement in frizz although I am using a bunch of new products at this time so it could be due to any of them. My only issues are that it should be available in a larger size for long hair. They should also have a way of tying it so plopping is possible.

I hate piling my hair up on the top of my head - as they advise - when its wet as it makes my already too voluminous hair even bigger. I'm going to try tying it backwards so the hair twists at the nape of my neck and then folds up.

Ironically, this takes ages to dry!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have two of these microfiber towels. One I had for forever and the other I recently bought. It's not this brand specifically but they're the same style and made out of microfiber. Let me just say I am in love with these! Great because you don't need heat to dry, I don't use heat anyway but if you're looking into no heat hair routines this is a nice alternative. Love love love how easy it is to just wrap the hair right up and let it soak up the water. When I take the towel out my curls are damp-to almost dry, frizz free and beautiful! I love this

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought a two-pack of these for my daughters, who have very long hair. This is a life-saver for me! Towels never stayed wrapped on their small heads and they were always getting my furniture wet with their hair. Now they love to comb thru their hair and wear the fancy "cap" to allow their hair to dry. This doesn't fully dry their hair -- it just makes it a lot easy to keep it contained while drying. I am really happy with this purchase and if they break down or don't absorb after a period of time -- I would definitely purchase more.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use to own many of these in different colors and still have some in my linen closet . They are so easy to use and keep my hair up and out of my face so that my hair can have a chance to dry. I usually prefer to let my hair air-dry since my hair gets puffy with a blow dryer. These hair towels cut the drying time however there is a major con to getting them. I made the mistake of washing these and using a fabric softener on them. After time they lose their absorbency as do cotton towels in general if you use fabric softener on them. I now use flour sack cloths or cotton t-shirts to dry my curls. Sallys usually have these on sale and they are less than five dollars. In summation, they work and will last a long time if you care for them well. I just think there are better, cheaper options.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by auntita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a couple of these for x-mas and I actually really like them. I can't get over how much lighter they are, they're also more fitted and stay in place much better than a regular towel.
My hair is too long to fit in smaller towels without the ends sticking out and dripping and larger towels can be heavy and tug. My hair just fits into the microfiber turbie and is soo much more comfortable. I use these all the time now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by dawnfire90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the 100% cotton one and as soon as I found out Turbie Twist had released a new microfiber one in November I immediately ran out to Bed Bath and Beyond to buy one. A two pack is a little under $10. I rolled it up and put it next to my 100% cotton turbie twist and I first noticed that the microfiber one is a lot more compact. When I put it on after my shower I noticed it is longer and stretchier than the original 100% cotton. When I am at my computer desk I can actually wear head phones with it on my head. When I took it off my hair was almost dry! Once my hair dried my curly hair has much less frizz than usual, I guess microfiber is recommended in the curly girl method to reduce frizz. Its so convenient and an absolute must have for everyone.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No