October 23, 2014 | 1921 users online

Eye Shadow - Lancome - Color Design 5 Shadow & Liner Palette

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

I have two of these -- Petal Pusher and Gris Fatale. Both of these are absolutely gorgeous. Petal Pusher has some coral and bronzey shades, and Gris Fatale is mostly silver and grey shadows. Even though there are only 5 shadows in each palette, you can create a ton of different looks with the shades. I typically use the "liner" shade as a shadow rather than a liner to get more use out of all the colors.
All the shades in each palette are super pigmented, despite the fact that a lot of the shades are either shimmery or contain chunky glitter. Only a couple of shades cause glitter fallout on me, and even when I do get some fallout it's not nearly as bad as it is with some other shadows I've tried. I actually love how sparkly some of these shadows are; it's what makes them really unique shades in my collection.
The only reasons I can't give these palettes a full 5 rating is because 1) I feel like $50 for 5 shadows is a lot, considering most other high-end brands have palettes with 10+ shadows for the same price, and 2) while these shadows are super pigmented and blend really easily, I feel like every single shadow (including the "liners") fade throughout the day on me, regardless of what primer I use underneath. It's a shame, because these shadows look so stunning and vibrant on the lids when you first apply them, but just a few hours later they lose a lot of their color and sparkle. I don't mind retouching my face makeup halfway through the day, but it's really difficult to touch up eye makeup when you're wearing 5 different shadows + liner, so I just have to deal with the fading.
I would say to grab one of these if the colors appeal to you and you have a little money to blow. Like I said, the colors are really unique and beautiful, just don't expect them to last for a 6+ hour day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by totoro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is for the #109 French Nude version of this palette that came out in Spring 2014. I wanted to give it a three because the concept is great and the colors are beautiful. An all in one palette with everything you need for application that can create a complete eye look--and colors that create a simple yet elegant and beautiful nude eye. (I was also a little taken in by the name). Unfortunately I couldn't give it three because of the poor longevity of wear and high price tag.
The staying power of this expensive palette was almost non-existent for me. I don't normally have problems with creasing or fading (I don't have oily lids) and often don't wear primer with my shadows, which range from budget drugstore to higher end brands. This palette was a different story. It lasted two or three hours at the most and then disappeared completely. I wore it once and decided to return it but then waited too long and ended up keeping it. I wore it a second time, and the same thing happened. Then yesterday I tried it over TFSI because primers make even the most transient shadows stay vibrant 'til I remove them. Not the case here. I looked in the mirror after about four hours to see that only the base shadow (a Bobbi Brown Ivory) I had applied underneath was still there. Otherwise it was as if I had no shadow on at all. Even the liner color, a beautiful dark espresso, disappeared altogether. (It's notable that when I wear this without a primer the liner color smears and gets under my eyes, which is even worse!)
The $50 price tag of this palette makes its lower quality unacceptable, imho. At that price, even a nice little mini brush thrown in with the sponge applicators would be a small consolation. But the included applicators are much cheaper than some of my drugstore palettes. I'll keep trying different primers with this (UDPP, NYX, and Sonia Kashuk) because it otherwise makes a great emergency kit to throw in the purse for travel or getting ready on the go.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this in Petal Pusher...in the pan, the colors looked very pretty...neutral pink, medium brown basically. The pan is well planned out and convenient, but that's about the best thing I can say about it. I don't know if I received an old palette, or it's just the formula, but this was the worst $50 I've spent. I expected so much more at this price point. The shadows had no pigment, were weak, powdery, and crumbly...didn't blend, and had large glitter fallout. This was a complete fail. I've purchased cheap drugstore eye shadows that performed better than this. I returned it, and the SA tried to get me to exchange it, but for the money, I didn't want to take a chance.
EDIT: Silly me. I did actually go back and purchase one of the new spring palettes..I can't remember the name. Same exact problems, which confirms that it's the formula, not just a random "bad or old batch". I returned it, also. I have to really caution anyone looking at these palettes, not to get sucked in by the pretty colors and nice presentation...the product itself bites.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I bought this paleltte in pink for 48$ and used it only a couple of times and a year later i came across a clearance and bought it in sky demure for 10$! I love sky demure palette, CONSIDERING the PRICE,of course! I like the color combination (light beige, dark bronz/brown, light green, golden bronz and a dark/ deep blue. I love to create smokey eyes with bronz and brown for everyday. They are shimmery, but if applied sheer are appropriate for daytime. They are well pigmented and build able that I can reach desired intensity for an evening look. Very blendable too. The little brochure is very helpful too.It gives directions for a day and evening look.
The staying power is quite good. I dont know how long they stay on its place without primer, but with prime quite long. I've been out for 6 hours and when I came home nothing creased and the colors didn't fade ( true to their claim).
Price is the only downfall for me. 48$ for eye shadow which I don't need to wear everyday is steep enough. But If you are not on budget, then I would recommend it.
.............................. Update...............................
Well, the claim that the shadow stays on its place without creasing isn't true.
I' ve been out for four hours when I came home my shadows were half gone and the rest creased. I did use a prime under it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have Taupe Craze and it has some of the most beautiful colors ever. It is really soft in the palette and there is tons of fall out. A bit too much glitter as well. Comes with a handy guide that I like. It's just too expensive for the product you get. If I didn't love the colors and the handout I would give it a one.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

I have the 301 Mauve Cherie palette. While all the colors are very pretty when applied, the glitter in all five shades makes my eyes itch like crazy after a couple of hours and is only relieved if I completely remove the shadows from my face. I am someone who has worn MAC and other highly pigmented shadows everyday for years without problems.

Yet, I found if I apply a teeny amount, I don't react. So I just use a tiny amount of Paupiere on my crease with MAC Shadowy Lady -- it makes a really pretty plum purple together.

I gave three lippies, bc the colors are really pretty, highly pigmented, and easy to apply -- I wouldn't want to deter others just bc I reacted to the eyeshadows, since everyone's skin chemistry is a little different. However, I would suggest avoiding if you have sensitive skin. Due to the glitter, these shadows also aren't very friendly to contacts either -- there was glitter falling in my contacts.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by tdhx0

Bronze Amour is my go to palette for everyday. The color pay off it amazing. It has sparkly shadows but so beautiful. It's not chunks of glitter like most shimmery shadows I've tried. It gives a great brightness to my eyes and I always get compliments on the color. Lavender Lace is also one of my favorites!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by scmoonster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love these palettes. I have 2: Mauve Cherie and Taupe Craze. They are soft and blendable, and the shimmer is classy, not glittery or cheap looking. You don't need much either. I like how you can keep it looking natural or intensify for going out/evening wear. They're not cheap, but they were worth every penny and are probably my new HG palettes (used to be Dior).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 7:35:00 AM More reviews by kiki005us

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Pink Envy and these shadows are shimmery and soooo beautiful. These are easily the prettiest eyeshadows I've ever owned. They blend so easily also. I use Urban Decay Primer potion under my eyeshadows, and they stay put all day. The lightest color in this palette works great as an inner corner highlight and the light pink highlight color looks very shimmery and sheer on the lid. I love putting the med pink color in the crease for a pop of color. They grey color is very pigmented and dark on the eye, but personally I don't use that one very often since it's hard to get dark colors to work for me (lack of skills and I'm extrememly pale LOL). The liner is purple and is also very pigmented and beautiful. If only this palette was a little cheaper, I would buy the whole lot LOL. But i am seriously thinking about getting the Amethyst one next since I loooove purples.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by NBinNC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this palette in Gris Fatale. I love lancome products and these colors are what prompted me to purchase this product. Well, that won't happen again. The shadow colors do NOT have staying power. I find urban decay eyeshadows 100% better than Lancome eyeshadow. The little brushes that come with the lancome palette are really good and I do love the eyeliner that is included in the palette. But, for the high price, I'd prefer to purchase another brand eyeshadow that can hold it's color throughout the day. The eyeshadow staying power is very disappointing.