April 16, 2014 | 1919 users online

Eye Shadow - Lancome - Color Design 5 Shadow & Liner Palette

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this in Petal Pusher...in the pan, the colors looked very pretty...neutral pink, medium brown basically. The pan is well planned out and convenient, but that's about the best thing I can say about it. I don't know if I received an old palette, or it's just the formula, but this was the worst $50 I've spent. I expected so much more at this price point. The shadows had no pigment, were weak, powdery, and crumbly...didn't blend, and had large glitter fallout. This was a complete fail. I've purchased cheap drugstore eye shadows that performed better than this. I returned it, and the SA tried to get me to exchange it, but for the money, I didn't want to take a chance.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Ispania

I can't believe I bought this paleltte in pink for 48$ and used it only a couple of times and a year later i came across a clearance and bought it in sky demure for 10$! I love sky demure palette, CONSIDERING the PRICE,of course! I like the color combination (light beige, dark bronz/brown, light green, golden bronz and a dark/ deep blue. I love to create smokey eyes with bronz and brown for everyday. They are shimmery, but if applied sheer are appropriate for daytime. They are well pigmented and build able that I can reach desired intensity for an evening look. Very blendable too. The little brochure is very helpful too.It gives directions for a day and evening look.
The staying power is quite good. I dont know how long they stay on its place without primer, but with prime quite long. I've been out for 6 hours and when I came home nothing creased and the colors didn't fade ( true to their claim).
Price is the only downfall for me. 48$ for eye shadow which I don't need to wear everyday is steep enough. But If you are not on budget, then I would recommend it.
.............................. Update...............................
Well, the claim that the shadow stays on its place without creasing isn't true.
I' ve been out for four hours when I came home my shadows were half gone and the rest creased. I did use a prime under it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have Taupe Craze and it has some of the most beautiful colors ever. It is really soft in the palette and there is tons of fall out. A bit too much glitter as well. Comes with a handy guide that I like. It's just too expensive for the product you get. If I didn't love the colors and the handout I would give it a one.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

I have the 301 Mauve Cherie palette. While all the colors are very pretty when applied, the glitter in all five shades makes my eyes itch like crazy after a couple of hours and is only relieved if I completely remove the shadows from my face. I am someone who has worn MAC and other highly pigmented shadows everyday for years without problems.

Yet, I found if I apply a teeny amount, I don't react. So I just use a tiny amount of Paupiere on my crease with MAC Shadowy Lady -- it makes a really pretty plum purple together.

I gave three lippies, bc the colors are really pretty, highly pigmented, and easy to apply -- I wouldn't want to deter others just bc I reacted to the eyeshadows, since everyone's skin chemistry is a little different. However, I would suggest avoiding if you have sensitive skin. Due to the glitter, these shadows also aren't very friendly to contacts either -- there was glitter falling in my contacts.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by tdhx0

Bronze Amour is my go to palette for everyday. The color pay off it amazing. It has sparkly shadows but so beautiful. It's not chunks of glitter like most shimmery shadows I've tried. It gives a great brightness to my eyes and I always get compliments on the color. Lavender Lace is also one of my favorites!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by scmoonster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love these palettes. I have 2: Mauve Cherie and Taupe Craze. They are soft and blendable, and the shimmer is classy, not glittery or cheap looking. You don't need much either. I like how you can keep it looking natural or intensify for going out/evening wear. They're not cheap, but they were worth every penny and are probably my new HG palettes (used to be Dior).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 7:35:00 AM More reviews by kiki005us

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Pink Envy and these shadows are shimmery and soooo beautiful. These are easily the prettiest eyeshadows I've ever owned. They blend so easily also. I use Urban Decay Primer potion under my eyeshadows, and they stay put all day. The lightest color in this palette works great as an inner corner highlight and the light pink highlight color looks very shimmery and sheer on the lid. I love putting the med pink color in the crease for a pop of color. They grey color is very pigmented and dark on the eye, but personally I don't use that one very often since it's hard to get dark colors to work for me (lack of skills and I'm extrememly pale LOL). The liner is purple and is also very pigmented and beautiful. If only this palette was a little cheaper, I would buy the whole lot LOL. But i am seriously thinking about getting the Amethyst one next since I loooove purples.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by NBinNC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this palette in Gris Fatale. I love lancome products and these colors are what prompted me to purchase this product. Well, that won't happen again. The shadow colors do NOT have staying power. I find urban decay eyeshadows 100% better than Lancome eyeshadow. The little brushes that come with the lancome palette are really good and I do love the eyeliner that is included in the palette. But, for the high price, I'd prefer to purchase another brand eyeshadow that can hold it's color throughout the day. The eyeshadow staying power is very disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by VeroniqueDubois

At $54 Canadian, this was not an impulse buy. I was immediately attracted to Bronze Amour and walked around with it on the back of my hand more than a few times at the store, admiring just how coppery the copper was and how glittery the gold was, before actually paying the big money and taking the plunge.

Took the plunge and being a pessimist, was sure that I'd be kicking myself. Mais non! The powders were easy to apply, easy to blend, and had staying power. The colour on the furthest right (the highlighter) had glitter fallout unless I applied it on skin that was slightly damp, but that posed no problems. Even the two little brushes that come with the set surprised me as being incredibly functional.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this in Rose Bijou (in the Limited Edition Swarovski Crystal compact). These colors are silky, shimmery and very, very blendable. It looks like I had my eyes professionally done when I use this! The liner part is nice and pigmented. Shadow stays put all day, no creases. I love Lancome shadows and realized I never reviewed any so since I picked this palette up recently I thought I would add this review!