Schwarzkopf Got2b Powderful

4.2

on 3/14/2015 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is an easy way to add texture and volume to the hair. However, the volume does not last on my roots. My preferred use is adding it to the length of my hair when I wear it curly. It adds thickness (not volume), but my hair appears naturally fuller and it stays that way. Just make sure to condition your hair first, then shampoo, and condition again. This will make it easier to wash out, since it has a sticky texture to it.

Will repurchase.

on 1/24/2015 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My hair is super long, about waiste length, very fine and pin straight, no split ends and generally healthy (knock on wood), dyed my whole end only once & had minimal purple highlights a little over a year ago which required certain strands of hair to be bleached. My hair gets very greasy quickly which requires daily washing & even still my hair is so long that my roots just get weighed down a ton, never in a greasy "I'm never washed" kind of way though.
I bought this powder on YouTube Guru Tati's recommendation & the first time I used it I sprinkled it on like you would powder dry shampoo lifting at the roots & applying. It left certain parts uncovered & the covered parts were matted, sticky & hard like hairspray in a concentrated area. Months later I revisit this product wanting some volume & to just have some play time with my hair and so I did the first set of directions which is putting the product in your hands and applying to the roots, pushing the hair up as you go. I saw a little bit of an increase in volume but not much. I had freshly washed hair that had been air dried for a good portion of the day and although there was no sticky matted area the increase in volume around my crown and the perimeter of my hair just wasn't all that apparent. I will keep this to use just so my hair doesn't look too flat and dull on the daily but for a special occasion or a night out I'm gonna have to look for something else.

on 7/15/2014 11:30:00 AM

I love this! I mostly just use it for nights out. After styling my hair i shake it onto the roots and rub it in and it keeps my hair lifted and volumised all night(Long layered hair)

on 6/21/2014 3:27:00 PM

I have shoulder length hair with layers. My hair is not thick, but I have lots of it. This product is great in that it gives the hair texture and that choppy "piece-y" look that looks like it hasn't been fussed with. Some other reviewers mentioned that their hair was hard to comb after using this. It's not really meant to be combed it. Once you get that piece-y look, you spray it with some spritz or hairspray and leave it alone. Inexpensive product and nicely packaged. I highly recommend this product.

on 4/6/2014 7:53:00 PM

I have fine, wavy, chin-length hair and have struggled to find a product that would revive my limp, greasy second-day locks. I want texture and volume but I need to look clean enough for the office. This powder helps a little with sopping up the oil but makes my hair look a bit like a rat's nest. The search continues.

on 2/3/2014 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have long (past bra-strap length) hair that is medium thick but very flat. I love using this powder even though it is recommended for shorter hair - it can definitely work for long hair too!

It leaves my hair really textured, defines the layers and adds a lot of volume. With longer hair it can cause some tangling but nothing major nor damaging - and a tangle or two is definitely worth the volume and "undone" sexiness this adds. In my opinion, the results are comparable if not better than B&B's Texture hair (un)dressing creme which promises extra lift, and a tousled, shine-free finish" - and that's exactly what the Powderful gives you, only it's in powder form instead of a cream, creates even more volume, and is 1/4 of the price. I have and use both and don't see much difference in the final result.

Highly recommend for anyone looking for a volumizing/texturizing product.

on 2/2/2014 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is great for short hair. If you have flat, lank hair that lacks volume, this powder "dirties it up" a bit so that the strands don't lie flat against each other, if that makes sense. It will make your hair kind of sticky in a comb-won't-want-to-glide-through-it way, so I wouldn't recommend it for longer hair. But if you have short layers and you want a messy, sort-of-sticking-up look, then this is the stuff. The only drawback is that if you have dark hair, sometimes the powder does show up a bit - it's not bad enough to look like dandruff, but be forewarned, you might see a few little white specks. I usually tap it into my hands and clap or rub them together before running them through my hair, rather than shake it directly onto my head.

on 1/29/2014 4:21:00 PM

I just bought this product on a whim, like, an hour ago, while I was searching for a new dry shampoo. I know it isn't marketed as a dry shampoo, but it's a volumizing powder, which is pretty much the same thing. I am surprisingly impressed with this product! First of all, it's less than five dollars, and I found it at Walmart, so it is accessible. Second of all, the results are seriously great. I have a medium-length bob haircut and it falls flat and looks greasy by the third day after washing. I applied Powder'ful and, within ten minutes, my hair looked almost as good as the first day. It does add texture and a little bit of hold, which I like, but it's not for everyone. It's almost like a combined hair spray and dry shampoo. Lastly, I used quite a bit of product (probably more than I should have, but it doesn't specify how much to use), and it absolutely did NOT leave residue or a white cast on my dark brown hair. I highly recommend this product, especially if you aren't a fan of aerosol dry shampoos or hair sprays. This product gives you the benefits of both without butane or white hair.

This is my favourite volumizing product. My hair is bleached blonde so I can't backcomb it anymore and this is a great alternative! It feels a bit sticky when you rub it into your hands but it leaves you with fantastic volume at the roots. It's very inexpensive also. I highly recommend to anyone wanting volume in their hair without spending a fortune or damaging your hair.

on 5/11/2013 10:17:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got this product because I was getting breakage due to back combing and thought this powder would save my hair however after applying this to my root it felt as if I put glue in my hair it felt very knotty and I couldn't comb it out I had to wash my hair straight after. Please save your money and don't buy this

Top Rated Schwarzkopf Products