July 29, 2014 | 2007 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - SA Renewing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by rav2b

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WOW!!! I cannot believe how amazing this stuff is ON MY FACE! I've been using it about a week now, morning and night. At night I use the Clarisonic Deep Pore, followed by Clinique's Acne Clarifying Lotion with two extra aspirins per ounce (decanted into their 1oz travel size bottle) then AcneFree Sensitive, then this. Sounds involved, but it's less than ten minutes. In the morning, it's rinse with a clean wet washcloth, Clinique's Acne Clarifying (extra aspirin like evening), and this. I'm 64 and work in a hospital where the air is cold and dry year-round, and don't drink as much water as I should, so my skin looked stressed and dehydrated. Now it's plump and fresh and clear. I could see a difference after two days, but wanted to be sure I wasn't going to break out before raving about it. It's a little more expensive than some drugstore moisturizers, but it's working better than anything I've tried at any price. And I don't think my skin has looked or felt this good since before adolescence!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I saw this in the DS when I went to buy some AmLactin or Eucerin Professional for Extremely Dry Skin. I figured I'd try it to see if it was any better. It's not. I have dry, KP body skin that is itchy in winter and does not shed. This stuff was very thick and just sat in white smears on top of my skin. It took a lot of rubbing to get it to disappear. It also did not dissolve the KP as well as the AmLactin or Eucerin, and my skin did not feel as moisturized or soft. It wasn't terrible, and I can't say it left my skin dry, but it was not great and not worth the price esp. when compared to the AmLactin and the Eucerin. At least it had no fragrance and did not cause any irritation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I had been experiencing very dry skin on my body, in particular the tops of my arms, above my ankles and the top of my back. Although the regular Cerave moisturising lotion had improved things a lot, there were areas that flared up or just didn't respond that well to that lotion. My elbows in particular needed moisturising two or three times a day! This very thick lotion contains salicylic acid, ceramides and Vitamin D, so I expected excellent results. After regular daily use, my elbows now remain soft throughout the day after just one application, which is a definite improvement. My heels also love this lotion, especially after a thorough exfoliation. Although I had initially been sceptical about using it on my face, I tried a small amount on an area of very rough, flaky facial skin which seemed resistant to my usual non-AHA/BHA exfoliators and overnight it had massively improved (same results as Clinique Turnaround cream and Avene Cleanance K for a fraction of the price by volume). The bottle size is 237ml and for the price this is good value considering the ingredients. Unless you have extremely dry or bumpy skin I do not recommend you buy this lotion as the regular Cerave lotion should do the trick and is cheaper.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a fairly nice exfoliating lotion with salicylic acid. I use it on my body, and I appreciate that it is fragrance free, which is great for my sensitive skin. However, I find AmLactin lotion to be more effective at exfoliating and at keeping ingrown hairs at bay (the primary reason I use an exfoliating lotion). Since AmLactin is also fragrance-free, available in a large bottle at Costco, and more effective, I prefer it to Cerave Renewing Lotion.

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Ammonium Lactate, Salicylic Acid, Trolamine, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG 100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3), Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 II, Ceramide 1, Cholesterol, Phytosphingosine, Dimethicone 360, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by tiantianz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's a very, very good standard body lotion. I bought this because I get lots of ingrown hair after shaving or waxing, and though my stubborn ingrowns are still around, I will definitely repurchase this product!

It's great because it's so simple. It sinks in fast: my skin feels soft and moisturized, even though the lotion feels like it's disappeared. It's hard to put into words: with many other lotions (think Body Shop Body Butter) my skin feels soft in the I-just-put-on-lotion kind of way. With this one, it feels like my skin has simply become healthier and stronger.

It's wonderful too as a hand cream. One night I rubbed it over my cuticles, and the next morning I woke up with perfect cuticles! I've never had perfect cuticles before. This sounds really minor but it made my day when I noticed.

The lotion lasts at least a full 24-hours which is another aspect that I love--with other pharmacy lotions (like Aveeno) I feel the urge to reapply every 12 hours.

I've been using it from April till now (August) so I may look for something else richer for the winter. Normally for any product category I like to start at a pharmacy product and move my way up to higher-end items; for now, with this body lotion I don't feel compelled to look any further!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by joshquinto

I have a really sensitive skin and i've tried all lotions! This is the answer to my helplessness.. After this i have a better looking skin again.. I even use it on my face sometimes and it's just perfect! No more itching during dry season and my skin looks like in my 20's again lol

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by asr15

I just bought this yesterday from CVS, because the packaging read that it "exfoliates, softens, & smoothes extremely dry, rough, bumpy skin"... I'm a teenager with oily/combination skin, so I was skeptical in that it would make me greasy. However, I started breaking out on my chin recently-- not too bad, there were a couple under-the-skin pimples I felt coming but managed to stop from rising. I also had these bumps on one side of my chin that weren't full blown pimples, but they were irritating and I was afraid they'd all surface at once!! When I bought this, I put it on over my benzoyl-peroxide treatment i had on my chin, and the overall texture felt heavier than I'm used to. It didn't feel like it sink into my skin completely, but I let it be and just went to bed. Today when I woke up, the bumps were 95% gone!! I was shocked, and maybe it's too soon to tell, but so far I'm impressed! It was pricy, but for the most part it's fragrance-free, and it didn't make me oily. Definitely worth trying!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by heatherlauren

I'm obsessed with having soft skin but it's a struggle because my skin gets dry in the winter time. I also hate using body lotion every night because of that thick coated feeling. Alternating this with the Cerave body cream only 2xs a week keeps my skin super soft. It is expensive if you're using it as a body lotion but I find I don't need much and it lasts longer than a typical body lotion for me. It's a lot nicer imo to use compared to a typical body lotion bc it's so light/sinks in right away and I need to use so little of it. I love it for my face too.
Amazon has the best price ($12 dollars as of April 2013) and it's available with Prime shipping. (You can get free Prime shipping for a year if you're a student. I find I easily make up the yearly cost of Prime shipping by saving on gas and it's so convenient.)
Cerave says on it's website that the company doesn't test on animals- hopefully this is true.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a gentle exfoliant that was very hydrating. Exfoliants dry me out, but I do need them. This is very hydrating so that helps. It comes in a very thick base, that is much thicker than the PM or AM even. I got it mainly for my face, which has some breakouts and redness, as I am very dehydrated and for KP on arms and dry elbows and feet. It is $17, you but get a lot more than the PM or AM, but less than the regular lotion. I think many would find this too thick.. But if you have dry rough skin, that can be a plus. It does feel very greasy. I'd say it has a consistency of one of the heavier Eucerine lotions. It does have mineral oil, which might make some break out. I think it has both a PHA and a BHA, but with a high PH level that would make it less effective. It is probably best for rough patches say on knees and elbows.

Update: Did exfoliate, but I think also clogged t-zone. Irritated. I think most people will have a problem with the thickness or drying. I did try on feel, but the callouses looked cracked. Some might like it for very rough, dry flakey areas.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

This is for the CeraVe SA renewing lotion. I am on my second bottle (comes in 8 oz pump) and loving it. My skin is dry, extremely dry in the winter and I get little bumps on the outside of my arms and sides of my body. After using this exclusively on my body after showering for two weeks the bumps were gone and my skin is nicely moisturized from shower to shower (which usually is not the case). The salicylic acid, ceramides and vitamin d are working magic on my skin. Purchased a bottle for dh, usually his skin is not dry at all however this winter is brutal and he is enjoying the benefits of the moisturizer as well. The container says "exfoliates, softens, & smoothes extremely dry,rough, bumpy skin, ideal for the body" It lives up to this claim, how refreshing is that! Adding: I went in to re-purchase this product and nearly fainted at the price increase and smaller size container. Well over double the cost of the first one I purchased and approximately 6 ounces less product. That's just crazy and may lead to investigating another similar product with a reasonable price tag.