October 23, 2014 | 1975 users online

Palettes - Ben Nye - Essential Eyeshadow Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Catfink90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Holy grail product right here!

I absolutely love this palette, I think it is a must have for any makeup collection. I bought it after my sister used it on me (she has this in her professional kit) and decided I must have it!

I use this on my eyes constantly (smokey taupe is my HG crease definer, vanilla is an awesome brow bone highlight) and I also sometimes mix smokey taupe and cork to get a gorgeous natural looking contour for my pale skin.

PIGMENTATION: Super super pigmented. One tip I would give is you only need to touch you brush to these shadows to get enough colour, don't swirl your brush in it like you would other brands, you don't need to!

LONGEVITY: I work as a waitress, sometimes 12-13 hour shifts. If I use a primer or base with this I get 12-14 hours of wear with no fading or creasing of any kind. If I don't, I find it will start to fade around the 10 hour mark, which I think is still impressive.

PRICE: This product may seem expensive, but when you consider the amount of product you get in each pan combined with the fact that you only need the tiniest amount on your brush, I think this is excellent value for money. I have been using this product close to every day for 9 months and am not even close to hitting pan on any of the colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by sandracruz

I bought the eyeshadow singles - banana, cork, smokey taupe, coco brown, mink stole.

These are my HG matte shadows, other than banana which is the trashiest, doesnt show up, too powdery and no pigment.

Very pigmented, can get powdery and has fall out (so tap tap), lasts really long. Shows up in drag makeup.

Shades are true to neutral, no red or green/blue undertone.

Blends and spreads very well.

I use it for contour, eyebrows as well. So versatile.

One thing, it cracks easily. And has limited matte shades.

Hope they reformulate and expand the shades so it can be on the same level with MUFE es. But for 1/2 the price and similar performance with MUFE, il take ben nye anytime. thank you.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by sparkle

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had hoped to like this eye shadow palette (based on the reviews here) but found when I attempted to use it, the color went on too intense...and I used the correct brushes for application. Now maybe my brushes are inferior or maybe I'm just not use to saturated colors like that. If I could get them to go on sheerer, my review would be a lot more positive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really Really Beautiful set of eyeshadows. All gorgeous matte shades, easy to blend and very very chic colors. These neutrals are nice staples for everyday looks and the colors can work well as liners and brows as well. I did see some creasing after 10 hours of wear only so I think that is acceptable since I did not use any primer whatsoever. Easy to find online and well worth the effort to obtain. Price is decent for the amount of product that you get. The palette itself is cardboard with a magnet to stay closed. It is refillable.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great basic matte shadow palette. Very well priced, I purchased mine off camerareadycosmetics.com. Each shadow is about 3.5g of product in a 1.5" pan. According to the Ben Nye site, you can expect 400-750 applications from the palette. Eyeshadow is very pigmented and blends very well. Can't go wrong with this one, great for everyday use and can be used to set brows as well. Will replace pans as they run out - they go for about $8 each.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

The reviews here simply haunted me until I finally bit the bullet and bought this and I've been adoring it ever since. For $45 you get 8 large 36mm sizes shadows in a sturdy magnetized cardboard palette. That's like $5 per shadow plus $5 for the palette. Broken down that way, it's quite a bargain. I find Ben Nye shadows to be smooth, almost buttery and nicely pigmented. They are a smidge powdery but the trade off is that they're so easy to blend. (Face it, some mattes are the devil to blend!) The colour combination here is awesome. Neutral and varied in shades enough that most any skin tone can use them. I'm in love. Ben Nye is a theatrical brand so you'll most likely find it at a theatrical/stage supply store. There are also many stores online like CameraReadyCosmetics (where I got mine) and Naimies, Frends, International Fun Shop to name a few.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by JustEnufEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this palette. Amazing. I use it for my eyes and brows most days. So pigmented and easy to blend. Great for the price.They are the same size as makeup forever eye shadows. Any one can use these for everyday looks, or night looks. I recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Chineseve

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first Ben Nye experience and I absolutely LOVE this palette! The colors are so creamy and pigmented! The price is extremely reasonable as well!!! This is definitely an essential palette in every girl's collection!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This palette has 8 very basic neutral shades, each in a generous size The included shades are Vanilla (great browbone shade), Shell , Cork, Mink Stole, Black (a true black), Graphite, Smokey Taupe, and Black-Brown. All the colors have matte finish and wonderful color payoff that is soft, smooth and blends like a dream. Because they are matte, they are extremely versatile. The brown shades can also be used to contour the face and can be used as brow powders.

This can be used alone to make beautiful smokey and neutral looks. I personally bought it to use as the companion to the Lumiere Grande Color palette; used together, I can create bold but balanced looks.

The packaging is a sleek, magnetic folding case, with removable metal eyeshadow pans. The palette cost me $45 at Makeup Mania, and I've seen the refill pans online for about $6 each and like I mentioned, they are are quite large, info I found online says 200-500 uses each. I think I will have this for a very long time. For the quality and quantity you get, Ben Nye products are a bargain.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No