November 21, 2014 | 1691 users online

Bronzers - Bella Pierre- Mineral Bronzer- 'Pure Element'

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Let me just start off by saying that I don't know where Bella Pierre got off on calling this product a bronzer. It's far too light and shimmery to be used as that (I do enjoy a bronzer with a nice sheen, but this product is more of a flat out metallic sparkle). I could see this product getting many low ratings if people try to use it as bronzer. That being said, this is probably my favorite HIGHLIGHTER of all time.

Bella Pierre Mineral "Bronzer" comes in a simple little jar with 9 grams of product. Though the design is bland, I do enjoy how practical the jars are. They have sifters and the lip goes quite a bit above the sifter so product does not spill out as much with use as it does with other loose powder products. The texture of this product is buttery smooth. It sheers out and smooths onto the skin like an absolute dream (I would describe this as very finely milled). I find that it adheres well and lasts all day too.

The shade 'Pure Element' is a neutral, frosty beige shade. On my NC40ish skin, it does not look too pale or unnatural. I think that this is best suited to women with tan to medium brown complexions. I love how this product is able to give a lovely glow without looking greasy or over the top like many high lighters, and it catches and reflects the sunlight beautifully. I love skimming this along the tops of my cheekbones, under my brow bones and down the bridge of my nose to really illuminate my face. Sometimes I'll even gently dust this over my matte blushes to add some shimmer without altering the color too much.

I purchased Bella Pierre's 'The Complete Face Kit' at Winners for $30, but this "bronzer" (notice the quotations lol) alone retails for $35 on Bella Pierre's site. Some people may not want to shell out that much on a simple highlighter, but it's well worth it ladies. You get a generous amount of product and each use requires very little so it lasts for quite some time. You may be able to score this product for cheaper in a mall kiosk if you haggle with the salesgirls.

All in all, this is one of my favorite high lighters and I will repurchase if I ever run out.

NOTE: For all of you ingredient-conscious ladies out there, all of Bella Pierre's products are 100% organic and free of toxic ingredients. Great for sensitive skin!