October 25, 2014 | 917 users online

Lip Liners - MAC - Pro Longwear lip pencil - More to Love

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by SapphireRoses80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you have a medium tan/olive to deep brown skin tone, you will absolutely love this color. I use this all over my lips and add either lipstick on top or a lip gloss. I have a natural mauve color to my lips so when I wear this, it looks like a rich, deep berry pinkish purple color. More to love is one of those colors that instantly brightens a tired face. I never buy backups of lip colors especially lip liners since cosmetic companies are always duping each other or churning out newer and better formulas. This one called to me like no other, I went back the next day and got another one. It's long lasting (yes, it lives up to that claim), I don't have to touch up at all when I wear this. There are lipsticks on the market that cost twice or triple the price of this lip pencil but constantly demand touch ups throughout the day. The price point on this may seem steep for a lip pencil but if you take into consideration that you're only applying this once for the whole day, it's a pretty good deal. MAC if you're listening, you need to make this into a jumbo lip pencil with the same formula. It's a beautiful color and perfect for fall.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I returned this, as the color was not flattering on me at all. Definitely too high priced. That said-I just got "Absolutely It" another shade in this line to go with the Viva Glam IV lipstick-neither have I tried on yet. (I only own one lip liner at present and it is MAC Brick). I was very disappointed with this, it was too bright on my extremely pale lips. (and very dry, to me) I will say that the staying power does seem excellent. But, I think this line is overpriced and there is no justification for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by ecmoore08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so surprised there is only one other review for this AMAZING lip liner! I love this color. It is creamy and the lasting power of this liner is great. I use this liner paired with MAC Candy Yum Yum lipstick. TO DIE FOR!!!! This lip liner and lipstick combo actually stain my lips so it is extremely long lasting. I also love using this lip liner by itself by filling in my lips with it and applying a little bit of MAC clear lipglass.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had to convince myself (with embarrassing ease) that I really did “need” More to Love, since I already own Beet, Trimmed In Pink, and Magenta pencils.

My “breaking point” came when I bought the Iris Apfel lipstick Party Parrot, and needed a liner to go with it. More to Love was a good color choice to go with Party Parrot, and I was eager to try a Pro Longwear pencil, anyhow, so I went for it.

I’m so glad I did! This is a different kind of lip pencil. If you like Urban Decay’s 24/7 lip pencils, you’ll probably like this product from MAC. More to Love is definitely different from MAC’s conventional lipliner pencils. It’s almost like a hybrid of the regular pencils, and the Cremestick liners. It offers the smooth, creamy, opaque application of the Cremesticks, but it sharpens like a regular pencil. At least, it looks like it would sharpen; I haven’t had mine long enough for that to be necessary.

More to Love makes a wonderful base for lipstick, when you use it to fill in the lips. I used my More to Love to line and fill in my lips, added a bit of balm, applied Party Parrot, blotted, added a drop of Dazzleglass, and my lips looked fresh and bright, and felt comfortable, for at least three hours without a touch-up.

And then there’s the color - More to Love is *somewhat* similar in color to Beet pencil, but is by no means a dupe. More to Love is pinker, and somehow slightly deeper, than Beet. In fact, if you could mix the colors of Beet, Magenta, and Trimmed in Pink pencils together in approximately equal proportions, you’d just about have the color of More to Love.

More to Love is $18.00, and is shorter than the regular MAC lip pencils, but longer than the Cremesticks.

If I understand correctly, all of the Pro Longwear lip pencils, including More to Love, are permanent, so not only can I buy More to Love over and over, I can try out more shades. More to Love looks like “staple” material for me!

SAD NOTE: As of March 2012, all Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Estee Lauder, MAC, and Prescriptives items are “will not repurchase” for me, no matter how much I like them. This regrettable situation is the result of the Estee Lauder company’s decision to abandon its ban on animal tests, and contract for such tests in China. As an animal lover/respecter, I will no longer do business with this company’s brands, no matter how otherwise appealing their products are to me.
continued >>