April 18, 2014 | 1662 users online

Lip Liners - MAC - Pro Longwear Lip Pencil

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hands down my favorite lip liner ever! I got this in Nice n' Spicy and it's the perfect nude lip pencil, not too light and not too dark and obvious on my NC35-NC40 skin. It's a perfect mix of nude, rose and cinnamon brown. Etcetera, I'd say would work for fair and light skin tones as a nude and Nice n' Spicy is a good nude for medium and up skin tones. I'm totally obsessed with this lip pencil, it's everything I've ever wanted in terms of shade, texture, and wear. The only drawback is that it's pretty expensive for a lip liner at $19.50 so I try not to use it too often but it's hard not to, it's just perfection. A comparable liner to this would be Makeup Forever Aqua Lip Liner but I think the Mac wears longer. This is my HG lip pencil and I would continue to purchase whenever I need more.
TEXTURE:
It's pretty creamy for being a long wear lip liner, most tend to have a dry texture and this one is fairly creamy and has a good glide. It has good pigmentation and is very opaque. This doesn't drag on my lips as long as my lips aren't too dry. Definitely better than any long wearing lip liner I've tried before besides the MUFE ones, which again, are good but not as long lasting.
FEELING ON THE LIPS:
It isn't as drying as several other long wear liners but you'd definitely want to moisturize and exfoliate your lips properly before using this or it could look somewhat dry and feel slightly uncomfortable without it. This does set several seconds after applying to a completely matte and budge-proof finish. So work fast if you want to blend it. It does set ever-so-slightly tacky but nothing too bad.
WEAR:
I'd say this is the longest wearing lip liner I own that isn't too drying and has a good texture. I can eat, drink, and even kiss without it coming off. It's completely worry free. It never smudges, transfers, or gets patchy throughout wear. It last's the whole day and night and I never have to touch up.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Mush728

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in nice and spicy!! Love it. Perfect shade to match your lip tone. Pairs great with glosses and neutral shades. I have thin lips so its more of a natural look. Doesn't feel dry when it goes on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

My all time favorite lip pencils (and I'm very picky about lip pencils, let me tell you).

I bought this product in the shade 'Absolutely It' simply because I was looking for something similar in shade to my Clinique Quickliner (loved the color but not the formula). I did not expect this to become my new HG liner.

Let me just start out by saying that the formula for this is perfect. Most liners that I've tried are either too creamy or too dry, but this is ideal. It's dry enough to really keep my lipstick in place all day, but creamy enough to glide on nicely with no tugging.

I usually only glide this onto my lips very lightly, so the tiniest amount goes a long way. I've been using this liner everyday for about 4 months and it's only about half gone. A lot of people wouldn't want to spend $18 on a lip pencil, but it's well justified with this product since it lasts oh so long.

One of these pencils, paired with a MAC Pro Longwear Lip Creme makes for my ideal, long-wearing lip combo. I can easily go through an entire 8 hour shift at work with zero touch ups (not even on my lunch break!).

And just to ice the cake, this lip liner sharpens nicely too. It won't break off like many pencils. I love this liner and plan on repurchasing my current shade when it runs out, as well as others. I'm so glad that I left Clinique's overly dry, chalky lip liners for this amazing product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No