MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil

4.8

This liner is smooth and creamy. Love Staunchly Stylish which is a beautiful nude peachy pinkish color. Love to wear it with Kinda Sexy lipstick. Yup, would buy again and again!!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have Shock Value (goes w VG Miley 1); What A Blast (VG Miley 2), & Kiss Me Quick (Dita Von Teese & VG Rihanna 1 [an oldie but a goodie!]). These pencils are expensive but really gr8. My fave lipliners are MAC & Chanel, the Chanel pencils are similar also being black instead of wooden. These type of pencils are the most long wearing available ime & don't break off easily. I had 1 MAC regular wooden pencil break off on me. I don't normally always buy specific pencils for lipsticks I like 1s that can work w a variety (which is what Chanel Natural & Chanel Nude's purpose are for me lol). All in all these are awesome liners!! $21USD. Use the MAC pencil sharpener on these only is my advice. They should've told me that when I got my 1st 1 which was Shock Value. You don't have to sharpen these liners all the time which is cool but Chanel includes a small pencil sharpener w their l/l's & also have a lip brush making them superior packaging but hey they are $31 (1/3 more $$$ thou!). (I wish the best quality companies didn't animal test).

So happy to have it! It's perfect! Thanks for creating it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is specifically for the Staunchly Stylish color in this liner. It is a beautiful pink/nude shade, and it is unusual for lip liners to be shimmers but this has a hint of that so the line looks less harsh. If you have MAC Fast Play Amplified Creme, this is the ideal liner color for that.

I was hooked on Spice for years and still love it, but this color is cool and rosy while Spice is definitely warm. Nice & Spicy is the equivalent color in this formula.

The Pro Longwear formula is more tenacious than MAC's standard lip pencil and reminds me of Urban Decay's 24/7 lip pencils which are creamy to apply and last incredibly well.

You do have to sharpen this, and ideally I'd rather have a retractable, but when the color is pretty enough I'll endure shavings. I've been straying from MAC toward companies that are cruelty free, but this is an exceptional lip liner and I hope that someday parent company Estee Lauder will stop animal testing. In the interim, Charlotte Tilbury's Pillowtalk liner stole me away from Spice. It's a perfect natural lip shade.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in High Energy, THE lip pencil for Lady Danger. Lady Danger is one of my favorite reds, and although it applies and stays put pretty easily without a lip pencil, I still wanted this pencil :). High Energy is slightly more orange than LD but I don't mind and it actually makes it look even more punchy. It is long-lasting and doesn't bleed at all, and it's also very good as a base underneath LD to make it even more long-lasting. It's a golden combination and I would wear this every day for the rest of my life, if I didn't like a little more variation in my lipsticks ;).

I swear by this lip pencil. I actually use it to fill in my entire lip. It is absolutely incredible, it goes on nice and creamy and lasts the entire day. I usually do my entire face of make-up around 7:30am and when I use this, my lips stay in tact through lunch and dinner! It is my go to.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This lip liner is budgeproof. I have it in In Anticipation, which is a neutral mid-tone pink. It pairs perfectly with Please me and Chatterbox and is very similar in color to them. I imagine it could work with slightly lighter pinks as well. What sets this liner apart from other varieties is that it will not move once you put it on. I was swatching some of my lip products on my hand, which included Mac Boldly Bare and two liners from NYX, then rubbed them off with a tissue- everything was gone except for the Pro Longwear liner in In Anticipation. I then washed my hands twice and towel dried them and the liner is still there! I am interested in how this liner compares to MUFE Aqua Liner and the UD, but this is definitely HG. One lippy off for the packaging, which I really don't mind but it would be great if it didn't need to be sharpened.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Mac cosmetic's pro longwear lip pencil is a new generation of long-wearing lip liners. The pencil glides on fluidly. The pencil defines the lips and instantly releases a rich , saturated color. It gives you more time before you have to re-apply and it's also transfer proof! MAC also nailed the texture of these pencils, as they glide along my lips without skipping or tugging. Anyways overall I'm literally OBSESSED with this product!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Very impressed by the quality of MAC Lip Liners.
I can understand that they are more expensive than the lipsticks because, in my opinion, THEY ARE A BETTER ALTERNATIVE TO ALL THEIR LIP STICKS.
Applying them alone gives you the perfect, bold matte finish.

1) Nice N Spicy -- the perfect nude, which comes second to my Chanel Nude lip liner.
It goes with anything; even the lightest baby pink lipstick won't clash with it.

2) Burgundy -- the most versatile, high quality lip liner I have ever tried. It complements all the dramatic dark shades such as MAC Diva, Rebel and Kat Von D's rosary.
Even looks GORGEOUS alone.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Hands down my favorite lip liner ever! I got this in Nice n' Spicy and it's the perfect nude lip pencil, not too light and not too dark and obvious on my NC35-NC40 skin. It's a perfect mix of nude, rose and cinnamon brown. Etcetera, I'd say would work for fair and light skin tones as a nude and Nice n' Spicy is a good nude for medium and up skin tones. I'm totally obsessed with this lip pencil, it's everything I've ever wanted in terms of shade, texture, and wear. The only drawback is that it's pretty expensive for a lip liner at $19.50 so I try not to use it too often but it's hard not to, it's just perfection. A comparable liner to this would be Makeup Forever Aqua Lip Liner but I think the Mac wears longer. This is my HG lip pencil and I would continue to purchase whenever I need more.
TEXTURE:
It's pretty creamy for being a long wear lip liner, most tend to have a dry texture and this one is fairly creamy and has a good glide. It has good pigmentation and is very opaque. This doesn't drag on my lips as long as my lips aren't too dry. Definitely better than any long wearing lip liner I've tried before besides the MUFE ones, which again, are good but not as long lasting.
FEELING ON THE LIPS:
It isn't as drying as several other long wear liners but you'd definitely want to moisturize and exfoliate your lips properly before using this or it could look somewhat dry and feel slightly uncomfortable without it. This does set several seconds after applying to a completely matte and budge-proof finish. So work fast if you want to blend it. It does set ever-so-slightly tacky but nothing too bad.
WEAR:
I'd say this is the longest wearing lip liner I own that isn't too drying and has a good texture. I can eat, drink, and even kiss without it coming off. It's completely worry free. It never smudges, transfers, or gets patchy throughout wear. It last's the whole day and night and I never have to touch up.

Popular Lip Liners