September 30, 2014 | 1863 users online

Lip Treatments - Philosophy - Kiss of Hope

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by delerium55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had been looking for a good tinted lip balm when I stumbled upon this. I was super excited. However, when I got it home and put it on, the top part of it came off on my lips! It had not been in the heat or anything. I promptly returned it the next day, explaining to the clerk what had happened and exchanged it for another ( thinking maybe I had gotten a bad one lol). No! The second one did the same thing! I returned it also and got my money back. The things I did like about this product were the ever -so -sheer pink tint, and the moisturizing. The texture did feel gritty on my lips and it smelled weird. I read some other reviews online, and apparently it is something alot of people experienced with this product. Until Philosophy reformulates so it doesn't break, I won't recommend this or purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by dlasky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have sensitive skin, especially sensitive lips. I have bought more lip products in the past year than I care to admit. The tinted version has been a lifesaver for me as I continue to experiment with other products. It does not dry my lips out, and puts a subtle tint on them. It is not enough to pass for lipstick, just for a casual day with light makeup. If you carry the tube in your pocket, prepare for it to melt and then warp as you try to smear it on. It's pricey for its size, but when you're desperate, you'll shuck out.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by number1larissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this lip balm in the dark pink "tinted" version, and it is probably the worst lip balm I've ever used. It is gooey in the tube yet hard to get on the lips (it smushes down into the tube rather than going on smoothly), it smells and tastes weird (so much so that it gives me a headache, although I am extra sensitive to smells), and there is NO tint once it's applied to the lips. Don't waste your money!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Since Philosophy was acquired by Coty, the products--particularly new products--have been a bit hit-or-miss. Kiss of Hope lip balm is a perfect example.

The product comes in a really classy black housing, looks pretty and light pink in the tube (though it applies clear), and smells softly of cocoa butter. So far, so good. However, the formula itself leaves much to be desired. Despite being shea butter-, beeswax-, and glycerin-based, it neither goes on smoothly nor performs well.

To apply this, you have to rub it onto your lips pretty vigorously. It does not "glide" on. To distribute the product over your lips, you can't just smoosh them together--you actually have to apply it everywhere you want it. Even many drugstore formulas seem more luxurious in this sense.

Then, there is the fact that the product doesn't seem to do much for lips. I used it very frequently, day and night, until the tube was empty. At that point, I noticed my lips were chapped, peeling, dry, and ugly, as though I hadn't been treating them at all.

I have switched to Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil and my lips are already starting to look and feel better. I'll miss that chic metal tube (I don't even want to throw it away!) but I won't miss the lackluster product.