October 22, 2014 | 1416 users online

Hair Color - Schwarzkopf - LIVE Colour XXL in Real Red

rated 2.0(1 review)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'll start with a friendly warning; This dye is meant for blonde to lighter shades of brown hair only. Sorry, but some people don't check the side of the box carefully, then complain when the colour doesn't take.

IMHO this shade of red was a disappointment. I have ashy blonde/light brown hair and for the first few days this colour is a gorgeous 'Rihanna' shade of red. But after literally a couple of washes it fades to a duller, darker, coppery red shade. I know that red shades do fade faster, but this still fades unusually quickly - after just a week the colour looked faded, darker and tired. I've used many different shades of red, by many brands, plus salons, over the years and this was a standout for how poorly it held up in comparison.

A shame, at first I thought this would be a keeper. Schwarzkopf's red shades are usually excellent, so this really surprised me by being so disappointing.

Schwarzkopf Live XXL in Hypnotic Red and Red Passion wear for longer and are more suitable for using on brown hair.