April 21, 2014 | 932 users online

Dry Shampoo - Suave - Professionals Keratin Infusion Dry Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by orderlyfashion

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Not much to add that others haven't said, but here goes anyway! I've used this as well as the other Suave Professionals dry shampoo (white can w/ yellow lid... see my other reviews for more info) and comparing the two, I like this one just a little bit better. I find the scent of the keratin dry shampoo to be a little more agreeable -- while both are overly strong (necessitating use of the bathroom fan during application), given the choice I prefer the fresh scented aggressiveness of the Keratin shampoo to the fruity-floral bludgeon of the other. Also, with the Keratin shampoo, it seems like a little more powder comes out in the spray and it absorbs more oil. With the yellow capped kind, I felt like I had to spray more in to get the same effectiveness, and the can ran out more quickly. Neither are noticeably powdery in my dark hair, as long as they are rubbed in and combed through well. And for the low, low, price point, you can't do better.

Additional note: I'm not so sure the Keratin adds anything special to this. I don't find it makes my hair more moisturized, or shinier, or whatever. If anything it makes my hair more matte -- as do all dry shampoos. So, if you are looking for a perfectly serviceable, cheap and easy to find dry shampoo spray, this would be a good pick. Just don't expect it to do miracles.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by ohfortheloveofmakeup

So amazing! Works great on my think hair that is normally oily by end of the day. Also put it in clean hair for a volume boost. It's a hg for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by nmk410

I have repurchased this product so many times. And for me that means something. I love to try new dry shampoos because as well all know there are a ton of new ones coming out all the time. But this one is the best for me and my hair. It smells great! Works. No residue (if you pat it in enough) and its like $3! Other brands make my head itch or flakey but this is a great solution for second or third day hair freshness! 100000 thumbs up!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Lforde46

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only tried two other dry shampoos and this one falls in the middle of the three in terms of results and it's the cheapest. I don't mind the smell, and didn't give me dandruff or a dry scalp. It left my hair feeling very soft which is a plus because I have dry over-processed hair, but it did not give me the volume that I've come to expect from the other dry shampoos. I'm guessing you have to choose between those two with dry shampoos. I may buy again, but will probably try Batiste or PSSSSST first.

PROS
Cheap ($2.99)
Readily available (I got mine at Target)
Doesn't suck

Cons
Not as good as Paul Mitchell Express Dry Wash but that stuff is like $17 and you can only get it at a salon.

It's MUCH better than Tresseme Fresh Start Dry which left my hair feeling dirtier than before I used it. I tried it many times and it just doesn't work.

I also tried Tresseme's Waterless foam shampoo (which is meant for between-washes but is not dry) before I read the bottle. It's specifically for dry/curly hair, and my hair is straight and oily at the roots. Of course that didn't work for me.

I also tried Serge Normant's Dry Conditioner, which is not the same as a leave-in conditioner. It left my dry ends soft and manageable between washings.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

Finally, a dry shampoo that I like. I have dyed red hair so I try to avoid washing my hair too much. This gives my hair so much volume and it dries up greasy roots. It doesn't leave a bad white cast. The smell is a bit strong but at least it is tolerable. It isn't a headache inducing floral scent. Not bad, it does the job.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by katmeow6287

Meh it was an ok product. I have long wavy dark hair and this product was ok for the price. my hair felt weird and stiff after using it. The smell was also overpowering.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by QueenofAngolmois18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received this from a package with the shampoo, conditioner and the leave-in conditioner for my birthday last year.this is pretty good.this does not leave any powder that I know of,(My natural color is very light brown) this really refresh my hair in between washes, the smell is nice and refreshing.I would get again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This was only $2.88 at Wal Mart. For its low price, this is pretty good. It neutralizes oil and adds volume and a little bit of shine. I didn't notice any white powder residue with this. The spray comes out nice and strong. It does have a strong scent which tends to linger throughout the day, so if that's not your thing then this may not work for you. IMO the Tressemme dry shampoo smells better, but this one works better.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by seoulsweets

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'd buy this again because of the price (~$2-3) at your local retailer. It's a decent dry shampoo with a musky floral scent. It does the job and lasts a while. It doesn't weigh down hair but there are better dry shampoos on the market. If you're on a budget or need something quick. I'd recommend this over the other Suave dry shampoo. It smells better IMO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Granted I have never used any other dry shampoo except for plain cornstarch but this stuff is great. I paid $1.30 for it with a coupon and the regular price is $2.88 at Walmart. I did not notice any flakiness or dryness. It did not turn white or smell particularly bad. Just reminded me of hairspray.

It refreshed my hair quickly and gave me volume. It gave my hair that washed look again and I don't have any complaints about it. FYI I have very very dark hair and thick hair.