July 24, 2014 | 1212 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #286 Duo Fibre Blending Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 8:47:00 AM More reviews by janejoshy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this brush, its the perfect blending brush. It's my Hg

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by hendenm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my opinion this brush is very comparable to the 226 brush (this is now a LE brush, real shame Mac done this as it's fab) but the 286 does go one better in that it's great for depositing product into the crease but also great for blending. I love the 224 but this brush is more dense and has more control.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this brush for blending eyeshadow. It is good and bad.

The 217 is an excellent blending brush, but I do use this one daily too. It blends shadows very quickly. This is my go-to blending eyeshadow brush when I am in a hurry. 2-3 swipes across my eye lid, and I have a good blend. But it is VERY easy to over do blending with this brush, making your eyeshadow muddy and undefined.

It doesn't pick up a lot of product, so sometimes I use it with darker colors in my outer corner, for a more subtle look.

Size-wise, it is quite a bit larger than the 217. If you have small eyes, it will probably be too large for you.
It works especially well when blending stubborn shadows. I think it makes blending cream shadows easier too. I do think it is softer than the 217.

Do you need it? No, it's not a must have brush, especially if you have a 217. But I am glad I purchased, and would re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by creamdeviolet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always been a fan of 224 for concealer but I guess it just wasn't made for cream product so mine shed after one year of use, however I got the 286 and it didn't work as well as 224 for concealer! So I tried use it for eyeshadow application on crease area, it works amazing now it's the only brush I like to use for blending. Ps: I don't like 219 it pulls the skin too much will make you winkles!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this brush and I always use it when I work with dark colors especially black. It doesn't pick up too much product but that's what I like about it. I use this for my dark crease colors I prefer smoked out looks and this helps me because it blends like a dream. I use it like I would the 226 except I only use the 226 for soft colors. This brush blends better than the 226. I love it and I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by annia316

I've always had problems applying loose powder eyeshadow to my lids. I have a big Set fyrianne Pigments at home and can't use them :( Until the MAC 286 moved into my bathroom: The perfect Brush for me to apply loose pigments and eyeshadows. Also works amazingly well in the crease. This is the perfect partner for my favourite loose crease color: Alima's Satin Matte Mineral Eyeshadow in Blonde. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I don't like this for anything else than concealer - it's great with both the mineralize and pro longwear concealers :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Ainslie99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Another great brush for my duo fibre brush wardrobe. I am unabashedly a fan of the duo fibre range as they deliver just the right amount of product for the job. I use this brush to set my concealer with powder & it is perfect for this use.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I bought this brush hoping it would be the perfect combination of the 217 and the 224, as I like how the 217 blends and the tapered point of the 224. However, this brush is like the worst combination of the 2: it barely pick up any pigment, and it blends it very widely. Not a repeat purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by MelissaJuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I was an avid Sigma fan until I bought my first MAC brush (217) and then this one. I don't think they can really compare!
It's very soft but firm at the same time, so it doesn't bend or splay too much while applying the product, which always makes blending so much harder... I think it's absolutely amazing for blending into the crease and the outer corner.
It's quite expensive (I got it for 22 ) but I'm glad I invested in it, it's definitely the best brush for this purpose I can imagine.