December 19, 2014 | 837 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #286 Duo Fibre Blending Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by wasabemop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is one of the most versatile brushes out there. i own over 150 brushes and this is the one i use the most often. good for blending eye shadow, nose shadow, cream/liquid concealer, eye primer etc. Very soft bristle and i own 3 of the same one. You wont regret buying it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think I initially bought this because I wanted a brush to specifically set my under eye concealer with... and umm this wasn't that great for it. However, for blending out colours in the socket/crease area, it's fantastic. I use this like almost every single day along with my go to transition colour Makeup Geek eyeshadow in Frappe. It's like they were made for each other. I would 100% buy this again if I lost it, thinking of even buying another one. The Duo-fibre makes a seamless eyeshadow application and gives a more sheer wash of colour rather than intense. Great investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 8:47:00 AM More reviews by janejoshy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this brush, its the perfect blending brush. It's my Hg

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by hendenm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my opinion this brush is very comparable to the 226 brush (this is now a LE brush, real shame Mac done this as it's fab) but the 286 does go one better in that it's great for depositing product into the crease but also great for blending. I love the 224 but this brush is more dense and has more control.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this brush for blending eyeshadow. It is good and bad.

The 217 is an excellent blending brush, but I do use this one daily too. It blends shadows very quickly. This is my go-to blending eyeshadow brush when I am in a hurry. 2-3 swipes across my eye lid, and I have a good blend. But it is VERY easy to over do blending with this brush, making your eyeshadow muddy and undefined.

It doesn't pick up a lot of product, so sometimes I use it with darker colors in my outer corner, for a more subtle look.

Size-wise, it is quite a bit larger than the 217. If you have small eyes, it will probably be too large for you.
It works especially well when blending stubborn shadows. I think it makes blending cream shadows easier too. I do think it is softer than the 217.

Do you need it? No, it's not a must have brush, especially if you have a 217. But I am glad I purchased, and would re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by creamdeviolet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always been a fan of 224 for concealer but I guess it just wasn't made for cream product so mine shed after one year of use, however I got the 286 and it didn't work as well as 224 for concealer! So I tried use it for eyeshadow application on crease area, it works amazing now it's the only brush I like to use for blending. Ps: I don't like 219 it pulls the skin too much will make you winkles!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this brush and I always use it when I work with dark colors especially black. It doesn't pick up too much product but that's what I like about it. I use this for my dark crease colors I prefer smoked out looks and this helps me because it blends like a dream. I use it like I would the 226 except I only use the 226 for soft colors. This brush blends better than the 226. I love it and I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by annia316

I've always had problems applying loose powder eyeshadow to my lids. I have a big Set fyrianne Pigments at home and can't use them :( Until the MAC 286 moved into my bathroom: The perfect Brush for me to apply loose pigments and eyeshadows. Also works amazingly well in the crease. This is the perfect partner for my favourite loose crease color: Alima's Satin Matte Mineral Eyeshadow in Blonde. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I don't like this for anything else than concealer - it's great with both the mineralize and pro longwear concealers :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Ainslie99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Another great brush for my duo fibre brush wardrobe. I am unabashedly a fan of the duo fibre range as they deliver just the right amount of product for the job. I use this brush to set my concealer with powder & it is perfect for this use.