April 24, 2014 | 1828 users online

Treatments (Eye) - MAC - Mineralize Charged Water Moisture Eye Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Nataliegsno

This didn't work at all for me. I didn't see any difference in hydration or texture in my eye area after using it for a few weeks. This made my eyes water throughout the day and when I would use it before concealer it made my concealer less opaque. This didn't sink into my skin and basically sat on top of it. I recommend tarte's eye treatment instead.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 5:13:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

As of this writing, I'm 35 and am fairly blessed in that wrinkles aren't a huge problem for me yet. I have some early signs of creeping crow's feet and some vertical lines near my waterline but otherwise, everything is holding up great. For now anyway. I know nothing will turn back the ruthless hands of time but I feel like at my age, I need to start paying attention to this area before I wake up and see some real aging and freak out.

I've been dabbling in eye creams since I was a teenager. I'm fairly hopeless with eye creams as I forget to apply them or simply lose interest. After reading the reviews for this cream, I decided to buy it and get serious about applying it nightly. I actually stuck to my plan and used every single bit of this and I've never done that with any eye cream. As I've said in other reviews, I'm not a huge MAC fan. Yes, I know nearly everyone loves them and goes cuckoo for all their products but I find them to be rather lackluster. There is not one thing from their line that has ever blown my mind or ended up in my regular rotation. This eye cream is no different. That's not to say it's bad, it just doesn't do a whole lot.

First, the good points. This cream is quite moisturzing and my eye area felt better after application. It didn't burn my eyes even if it migrated into my eyeball. I even applied it before makeup and it didn't make my eye area a greasy mess. There was no discernable scent to it which I like and I didn't mind that it came in a jar that I had to dip my finger in. While this cream is nice, it did nothing to decrease the lines I have and it certainly didn't do anything to diminish my dark circles. I don't think any eye cream will do that anyway as my dark circles only respond to retinol and daily doses of vitamin K so I can't gig this cream for that.

I gave this three lippies because I do think it's a nice eye cream if you're looking for moisture without the grease but I don't think this will do much to lessen the appearance of lines or wrinkles. I think this retails for something like $25 which makes it one of the more moderately priced high end eye creams so if your budget allows and you're not terribly interested in anything more than a nice moisturizer for your eye area, I would recommend this. If you're looking for something that will bring you real results regarding wrinkles, I would recommend trying something with more bang.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This hydrates my eye area without being too heavy, or stinging. It doesn't make my eyes water, which is more than I can say for 90% of the eye creams I try. It's light enough to wear under makeup, but I also use it at night (more heavily) and in the morning I can still feel that there's something there. It's lighter and wetter feeling than a lot of eye creams, and for me that's perfect. I don't have a ton of darkness or puffiness under my eyes, just some fine lines I like to lessen the look of. For me, this fits the bill. If you have bigger under eye issues, I'd look for something more heavy duty.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by annmarienll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this product a couple months back, I've now finished the whole pot. To begin with the cream has no smell so it does not irritate your skin. It is a really nice hydrating cream that does not feel heavy around your eyes. I wanted the cream to help with my fine lines and dryness, and I think that it did really help with dryness and made my skin feel a lot more plumper. The downfall to this product is the hefty price and the fact that it only lasted me a couple of months. I think this is a great product for someone who needs a hydration boost around the eyes, it does also help the texture of your skin but it will not make deep lines disappear... So I would say this cream would probably suit around 20-30 year olds.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 6:33:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was all excited to love this eye cream after reading some of the glowing reviews on MUA..sadly it didn't work as well for me as I'd hoped!

I was a little apprehensive paying nearly £25 for a tiny pot of cream I'd never tried out before, but I went for it anyway. I apply a tiny amount under both my eyes both morning and night - only a very tiny amount is needed as the smallest bit goes a long way. It's odorless so should suit even sensitive skin; however when I accidentally got some in my eye a couple of times it stung pretty badly!

I'm nearly at the end of my little pot and I'm saddened to see it hadn't helped much if at all with any of the problems I have with my under-eye area: puffiness and dark circles. They're still as bad as before! I was expecting to love this MAC product, especially for the price, but unfortunately it didn't work out for me.

I'd recommend this product to someone with dry under-eye areas as it is quite creamy and moisturising, but anyone with dark circles or puffiness like me should look elsewhere. I've been recommended Origins' Gin-Zing eye cream for a similar price and will be trying that instead!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by p030jle

I have been using this product for about 3 weeks consistently morning and night. It is wonderful. The texture is so lightweight that you don't even notice it is there. It helps even the heaviest concealer stay in place, and it instantly de-puffs and hydrates my eyes!
MAC has done a phenomenal job with this product. I would recommend it to anyone looking for something inexpensive and highly effective.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Thanks again to MUA. This cream is awesome so far. I picked it up on Monday night, today is Wednesday. :). So far, so good. My concealer goes on so well with this. I will update in 30 days. But so far, great for puffiness, I do not have dark circles, so cannot speak to that. But it does provide a refreshed look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This eye cream needs a whole lot more love because its truly amazing!! I always thought macs forte was makeup but boy was I wrong. Previous to this I was using bobbi browns extra repair eye cream which costs $ 68 it delivered good results but I found it expensive so when i finished it I googled the net for hydrating eye creams that targeted dark circles,puffiness and fine lines saw this and decided to try it I honestly wasint expecting much results but holy heck was I blown away not only did it live up to its claims but it got rid of my milia which I have had for over a year now the area looks more refined now and the dreadful milia that I thought I was cursed with from an old eye cream within a week of using this wonderful eye cream the milia has faded Significantly not even my bb extra repair could do that and you can buy two of these for the price of the one bobbi brown extra repair eye cream.also I find my concealer applies a whole lot more evenly now this is HG love it I highly recommend this and hope it works just as well for everyone as it did for me.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by underage

I really like this eye cream! I was hesitant to buy once from MAC since I know they don't have the best skin care line but I didn't want to shell out a ton of money for a higher end one. I have a few fine lines but this was mostly just a preventative measure. After using it twice I noticed my fine lines has been reduced and my undereye area looked plumper. There is no smell and the product can be worn under concealer. I will definitely be repurchasing when I run out. You only need a drop for both eyes so I see this lasting a while :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this for three weeks now and I really like it! I've tried various eye creams in the past and never really stuck with them. It seems they either irritated the delicate skin, or just didn't really do anything for me. I'm creeping up on my 30th birthday though and I'm kind of regretting not having worn an eye cream sooner! My skin is very sensitive to retinols and other anti-aging ingredients. So I stopped focusing on anti-aging and realized I need to focus on moisture. For reference I have slightly sensitive, normal-normal/combination skin.

I bought this along with the Water Charged Gel/Cream Moisturizer which I will also be reviewing. This eye cream feels SO amazing when I apply it! It's just the right consistency - not too thin, not too thick, makes my under eye skin feel soothed, hydrated, and supple, and it sinks in wonderfully. I don't have any (additonal) problems with under eye concealer creasing when I use this. At first I didn't think it was having much of an effect but after about a week of using it I noticed my under eye skin looked so much better! It just looks normal; not dry and crepey like it did before. I also love the pearlescent jar and matte black lid. The packaging is very attractive. I've been using MAC makeup for about 12 years now and this and the face moisturizer are the very first skincare products of theirs I've used! With my slightly sensitive skin I was too afraid of ordering online. I'm definitely glad I tried it though and plan on ordering more skincare products now. :)