August 22, 2014 | 1932 users online

Liquid - By Terry - Cover Expert Perfecting Fluid Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is not for yellow toned girls. The main issue with this line is lack of shade selection, of which most is beige or pink based, I had incredible issues with choice. After buying the closest it felt it lacked yellow pigment thereby making me look dull whilst the shade intensity may be correct. Also the pigment is low, there is very low coverage, but the best thing is the formula, its great for drier skins and really plumps it up. This foundation can be improved so easily but right now as it stands its low coverage better for pink/beige toned girls with drier skin types. My combo skin ate this right up in 4 hours. I think at the drugstore level there are more suitable choices.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by lauramvig

This has an absolutely lovely finish. Not too shiny but not matte, and doesn't really need to be set with powder.

My only gripe (other than the exuberant price) has nothing to do with the product, but I think the colour I was matched to was a bit off. Other than that I love everything about this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Moogeek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It shares HG status with my beloved KGD. The coverage is medium, buildable to full and it gives a flawless finish. It holds up well throughout the day. The packaging and fragarance don't bother me. The tube makes it easy to travel with and the fragrance wears off very quicly for me. I'm Nc20/25 and #7 is a great color match.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by AcidCandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had been lemming over this foundation for a very long time, as I was curious to try something from the highly acclaimed By Terry range. I bought the shade no. 7 which is a near enough match for my NC25 skin. My skin is combination and littered with hyper pigmentation from old acne so there is a lot of work to be done to conceal. Despite its name, I find the foundation not to conceal enough - infact I would call it quite sheer! Please bear in mind that I use my Real Techniques sponge to apply this. I have tried it with fingers and I just can't get over the streaks this method leaves behind. I have yet to try it with a foundation brush... One thing I really appreciate from this foundation is its texture. When applied with a sponge it is smooth and not at all cakey - especially compared to the Nars Sheer Glow that I normally use day to day. A final note - the packaging is sleek and glossy but prone to leaking. Before I had even used the product it was already leaking into the screw cap. So make sure to store it upside down to avoid any waste.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2014 4:01:00 AM More reviews by ktemly

I really wanted to love this foundation after reading mostly rave reviews and the fact that it cost me $90 AUD which to me is super expensive for a foundation.
In a nutshell, there is pretty much nothing I liked about it. I absolutely HATED the smell! To the point that I had to clean my foundation and powder brushes twice to get it out. I'm usually not too fussed by the smell of a foundation, so it goes to show how strong it was.
I also found the shades to be blah. I was matched to a 9 in store and thought it made me look a little weird....not natural.
Also, the packaging looks SO cheap for a foundation that costs so damn much!!
The coverage wasn't bad, I'd say a medium, but it definitely didn't last too long
On my combo skin...my Nars sheer glow performs 100 times better.
This is the first cosmetic item I've ever returned.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

I had really high hopes for this foundation. But i was let down
I came home at the end of the day with 4 new spots that I didn't have before. Boo for breaking me out, but I'm kind of relieved because an expensive lemming has been squashed
It didn't apply very well, and didn't look as natural as some of my other foundations tbh, and the color match was off. Shade 7 , the color I chose was way too golden for me . My face and neck looked jaundiced compared to my body .
I do prefer yellow foundation but of a cooler (icy yellow) nature.
This smelled like roses, not fake roses either, the earth where you dig up the rose from. Very grassy.
A no-go for me
Sorry

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

I also blame Ruth Crilly aka amodelrecommends for this!! It is A MAZING! I was really sceptical based on the odd non rave review in contrast with the raves but i'm another raver! If you like GLOWY, slightly dewey but non shiny, greasy looking skin, light thin texture but fantastic coverage without cakeyness (who doesn't) then this is the HG of foundations with Luminous Silk coming close second but for only £9 more this wins because it's definitely £9 better too. I absolutely love this foundation it's flawless skin in a bottle. If you wanted to matte it up then just set it with a matifying powder, personally i adore the finish. As a boy its crucial have the 'no makeup' makeup look and this gives it! Seamless, i apply it with a stippling brush and buff it in. I got shade 11 as i'm pretty tanned and it doesnt oxidize or go orange and it photographs incredibly :-) can't recommend this enough x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 6:09:00 AM More reviews by ammit1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If Ruth Crilly ever reads this review, I'd like her to know that it's entirely HER fault that I'm £44 down in my bank account.
I purchased this in my latest Space NK haul, I saw Ruths reviews on the two new foundations from By Terry (sheer expert was the other) and it sorta swung me. I nearly ended up with NARS Sheer Glow because I love the NARS concealer and TM so so damn much, but the SA in Space NK said to go for this instead so I did.

I am shade 2 and i'm fairly pale and neutral toned, it fits perfectly although if I tan in the summer it may not (oh well, i'll just buy sheer expert i guess, what a shame). Ruth was exactly right when she described this foundation as "cushiony" - it really is! It feels like spreading l liquid velvety cushion on my skin, but not in a pure silicone way (not sure if there are any in this product, i expect so).
I'm famously bad at blending things out with my fingers but this is absolutely fine for me to blend out, I actually prefer to use my fingers with this one. You don't need a lot, and as many people have said, this isn't full coverage in the sense that it'll cover anything, it's just a heavier coverage foundation. I'd maybe say medium to heavy but buildable.

I don't find that this product ever makes my skin look bad if I apply it right, it hasn't broken me out either. It's a pleasure to use, and given the price so it should be. It covers a multitude of sins but it won't cover absolutely everything, you'll still need concealer.

The product comes in a tube with a screw cap, i've seen reports of it leaking but that hasn't happened to me yet, pump would be better but it's quite a thick consistency so not sure how well that would work. This is travel friendly though and I entirely would travel with it!

Other things of note: I have combo skin and this doesn't make me oily, it's also pretty moisturising.
This is a dreamy foundation, if you need a new one then this is a worthy contender for sure! Test it out in store first though, I did and i'm not sorry. Well, my bank balance is because i want sheer expert now. :-(

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by chingchingcat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried both cover expert and densiliss. I like the latter more.

I use shade #3 for cover expert and #2 for densiliss. I bought them separately and I was advised by different beauty assistants. And finally I find out that #2 matches my skin tone more.

Comparing both foundation, cover expert provides lower coverage and less moisturizing.

Perhaps I will use this in summer if my densiliss foundation is too heavy by the time. But I really dislike the shade #3 effect on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 5:56:00 AM More reviews by shanikagun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

honestly this took me a couple of tries to figure out how to make it look good and using my fingers was what i found worked best.this isnt fulllll coverage but its good coverage and is natural as hell!!!honestly i think it covers and camouflages with your skin to match PERFECTLY.i have an indian tan so its very hard to find a colour that matches and i had just recently bought Estee Lauder Double wear full coverage in spiced sand and that has too much of an orange tinge and also it looked too much like a mask and not very natural.
i would definetely recommend this with concealer if you have ugly black scars like i do (i use clinique even better concealer:also a new find) and some sheer finishing powder.Its pricy but worth it because its such a good quality foundation, invest in this at least for special occasions :)
only con is however, it leaks!the packaging is crap because idk how but the product seems to leak into the lid and you dont want to waste this product coz it does burn a fair hole in your wallet so something done ti fix that issue will ensure a 5 star product