By Terry Cover Expert Perfecting Fluid Foundation

I absolutely love this foundation. Love the texture - it applies smoothly and dries matte, but with a dewy finish. I know I'm contradicting myself here, but that's true. This gives you an airbrushed look, and this really gives me a good skin day. The coverage is medium to full, perfectly buildable without caking up. The key is to apply in thin layers, leaving each layer to set into the skin first before reapplying. I have shades 02 (neutral) and 03 (light, but with a yellow undertone) as my skin is very prone to redness but shade 03 can sometimes be tad too sallow on me when worn alone. I add just a tiny squeeze of 02 to balance out the yellow in 03 and hello, perfect skin! Im lighter than MAC's NC15 and this lasts all day without sliding off my face in humid weather, with a setting powder, of course! One of my HG foundations I am never without, as this just gives out a beautiful finish everytime.

This was the best foundation until they added SPF! The colours aren't the same and the finish on the skin is different - not good at all. I returned mine to Space NK. My moisturiser contains SPF so I'm happy to wear a foundation without it. Hope they will bring back the original formula. If it aint broke don't fix it!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

My friend recommended this foundation to me after I asked her how she got her skin so luminous and flawless looking. I ended up buying it online which most people in their right mind would never do, especially with a product worth $90 AUD. I didn't hate the product, I just envisioned it to be very different to what it was in reality, which is my fault really. Coverage was so-so (why is it called Cover Expert if it doesn't give decent coverage? *shrugs*) and the scent was super overpowering, like really floral which I absolutely detest. I ended up returning it for store credit. Lesson learned: always try before you buy. What works for one person may not work for you.

I love this foundation, but have to be honest that I find it very light coverage. I love the feel of it on my skin, and it looks amazing. I have been blessed with perfect blemish free skin, I would avoid this if you have any imperfections as I don't think it would cover them. I find it great for weekends and work, but if you want a look where you have a bit more of a made up look, which I like at times or on evenings out, I tend to mix it with some Shu Uemura Face Architect. 1 pump of that, with a bit of By Terry Cover Expert and I find you have an amazing cover. The By Terry colours remind me of the Shu Uemura colours whereby the shades are a bit confusing. I wear No 2 in Estee Lauder Double Wear Light. B30 in Summer of Chanel Aqua Vitalumier and B20 in the winter... and I have been wearing By Terry in Shade #4 and Shade #7. Both a perfect match on the skin, its quite remarkable how they blend into the skin and look quite flawless.

I had seen a lot of amazing reviews for this foundation so was very excited to get a hold of it. I must say - the fragrance is extremely strong - reminiscent of roses/flowers but too strong for me and I could still smell the scent even after letting the foundation set a while. I really was put off by the scent. As far as coverage goes, I would say this has a medium coverage and the consistency is not watery, not super thick. However, I did find this foundation never fully set and remained somewhat tacky on my skin even after setting with a powder. This certainly did not feel weightless and again, this was not very enjoyable. I thought the shade match was decent - I got shade 08. Overall, this was a pricey foundation, offered medium coverage with a somewhat dewy finish, but the scent and overall heaviness did not make this a winner for me. The quest for the perfect foundation continues...

As someone with incredibly pale skin, it has taken me years to find a foundation that actually matches my skin tone and the texture of my skin. I'm finally a number 2 in foundation!

This product has great coverage, I was amazed when I used the sample a lady at Mecca Cosmetica gave me. The colour holds all day, with a little help of a finishing powder.
It leaves my skin feeling soft and the scent is so refreshing in the morning when applying.

I would definitely buy this product, not only for the colour actually matching my skin but the way it applies. Only problem is the price tag of AU$89.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this product for the past few months along with other foundations and I;m in two minds.

Firstly - it smells divine - like all By Terry products it has a fresh flowers scent. It goes on beautifully - v easy to blend and the shade choices are excellent (although more on the pink side).

The finish is like a lot of new generation foundations - like skin - it doesn't glow, it doesn;t provide heavy duty coverage - it's breathable and just looks v v natural. After I apply it I don;t have that FOUNDATION look - I like it alot but for me it is a day time foundation - I prefer something more glossy for night!

Another negative is that this does not have great staying power - by lunch I need more!

The price would never put me off if it was worth it but All in all I feel it is not worth the money - it just isn't. It isn't amazing enough to justify and its lack of staying power is also a negative. However it is still a great foundation and if you were looking for that SKIN look as opposed to glowiness or full coverage then I would recommend trying it,

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A fabulous product! I am not one to layer tons of products on my face because I have sensitive skin; I just want one solid foundation for long-lasting coverage and By Terry delivers. It IS pricey, but it's also worth it, especially if you have any redness or uneven skin tone issues, like I do. I find this can take me from early in the morning to coverage through happy hour or a dinner meeting. I pair this with the Laura Mercier primer and I think the two make a very nice combination -- it's just a little more dewy and fresh with the primer.

This foundation is beautiful. Yes it's pricey ($89au) but the way your face looks after is flawless. At the time when I purchased this my skin was going a little crazy, however this tube of gold gave back my confidence. I have tried a lot of foundations in my time and this one is like none other, so lux. You can build it up easily also. If your on the fence about this foundation just buy it!! You won't look back, I'm on my second tube.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After wearing Cover Expert for nearly a year I prefer this over the Sheer Expert. I got shade no 8 Intense Beige which is an excellent match for my NW25 neutral with pinky/peachy undertones skin. It seems to adapt well to my slightly darker summer skin or my pasty white winter skin too. I still have about a quarter of a tube left as you don't need a lot of this foundation at a time. Love the sleek, travel-friendly packaging and the smooth, light texture. For something so light it covers imperfections such as redness and small pimples very well. I use a stippling brush or a buffing brush to apply and it makes my skin look really nice without looking over-made-up. It lasts all day without needing to be touched up. Doesn't oxidise throughout the day either. I have normal to dry skin in winter and slightly less dry skin in summer and this doesn't go flaky, cakey or blotchy (Hourglass Veil, I'm looking at you). Yes it's expensive but for me it's worth it. Have just repurchased a second tube in anticipation.