November 27, 2014 | 1432 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Xtreme lip cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Kissiq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this product in the colour Spicy.

Beauty bright red on my skin color. very bright and opaque, goes on smooth as last a long time. No severe bleeding to report but I do use a liner.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by anglmill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had high hopes for this because I love some of the other NYX lip gloss lines, but this was somewhat disappointing. Maybe I feel that way because the color I got (Buttery Nude) turned out to be really orange-y when I got it on. It does have some lasting power, because when I tried to wipe it off after I realized I hated the color, it really did stay on there. But I didn't care for the formula, either. It had a weird smell, was goopy when applying (so it was difficult to get on my lips without going outside of my lip line), and had a goopy feel for awhile after I left it on. Not necessarily sticky, but definitely goopy and not really moisturizing either.
Maybe I wold have liked it better in another color and could put up with the formula, but I think I will stick to other NYX glosses (like Mega Shine or Butter Gloss) from now on!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

Sorry to be the downer, but I really disliked this lip gloss. The only positive about this product is the fact that it is truly extreme (meaning it is truly long lasting - once on your lips it's going nowhere!) and it is super cheap. Other than that it's terrible:
1. The product was hard to take out from the tube because it was very dry.
2. It was hard to apply on my lips because of its dry texture.
3. It looked creamy once applied for only about 10 minutes and then after that as the day went on, it sellted into the lines of my lips and made me look very tired, very old, and just was not flattering at all.
4. It dried out my lips alot.
5. Colours that I got 'Strawberry Jam' and 'Candy Land' looked cheap like they were a dollar store brand. There was no complexity to the colours. Tried other colours but nothing suited me and these two were the better of the lot for me, but ended up returning them too because it just didn't look good overall.
A huge disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by GreatReviews

I have this in Absolute Red and Natural. Both are stunning! If you want a similar to the Black Label collection in Nude, Natural is the way to go because it lasts longer and is less neon looking. A favourite pinky nude shade of mine!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by AONeal79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Long lasting yet doesn't dry my lips out? HOORAY! I love this stuff. I have this in Skin Tone which is a very classy nude. I hope NYX (my new favorite makeup line) comes out with more colors, because I love this formula.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I did not expect these to be so pigmented! So that is a rather nice surprise... I was thinking "Oh cream gloss" not a full pigmented liquid lipstick type product. I actually don't notice a scent or taste to these?.. so I am not experiencing any issue with that. I don't really like how these apply/look directly from the tube but over a bit of balm they apply rather smoothly and the color is easier to spread around. The applicator is very nice, not your typical doe foot... longer and flatter and the flat edges make getting a crisp edge around your lip line wonderfully easy.

So far colorwise I have tried Pinky Nude which is definitely NOT what you think about when you think Pinky Nude. At all. It is actually a bright cooler (but not blue toned) pink on me. If you google image this shade the swatches are fairly accurate online as to what you should expect. There is absolutely no reason this should have the word nude in its name.

I like how these kind of dry down and set 5 minutes or so after application. They don't go sliding around your lips which would be a disaster with a product this pigmented. They last and feel fairly comfortable while doing so. I would really like it though if NYX would add some softer shades to the line up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So these have their good points and their... not so good points. Overall, I have to say these land more in the plus column for me but your mileage may vary.
So, first off with the things I like - Great pigmentation, standard packaging of a sleek and slim tube that contains a decent 7mL of product, easy to use doe foot applicator. Slightly thick textured but not tacky, this is definitely a hybrid liquid lipstick/stain as opposed to a shiny gloss. Lasts a good 4 - 6 hours on me, especially if I take the time to work the colour into my lips properly and wears away fairly evenly when it does start to fade. Requires fairly decent precision when applying, particularly the brighter and deeper colours but when applied properly, they look fabulous and last beautifully.
Onto the uncool stuff - castor. I hate this. HATE it. Surprisingly, this is about the only castor inclusive product I've been able to bear using. It's like they've shoved in some sort or vanilla or sweet scent over the top to disguise it but it still has a plasticky/chemical sort of scent when first applied. Fortunately this dissipates fairly quickly for me and is not noticeable after a minute or so but YMMV, obviously some are more sensitive to certain scents than others.
You can't apply too much or try and layer these with other products, they just go a bit gummy and streaky and look uneven. I've found the best way is to apply a light layer to my lower lips and then smush my lips together repeatedly (I look like an idiot but the cat doesn't seem to mind) until it seems pretty even, then just touch up my cupids bow. You can use a fingertip to work the colour in more firmly, this helps it last longer too. Then you have to clean your hands or you leave little pink finger dabs all over the nice clean white tiled bathroom, heh.
That's it really, I have several colours, Bonfire, Strawberry Jam, Pinky Nude and Buttery Nude. They're not a gloss you just swipe on before running out the door and they definitely require a bit more effort than a normal stick lipstick but once I figured out how to make them work for me, they're pretty good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by AlohaPandaXOXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in the shade Nude Peach Fuzz and I'm impressed by the opacity/viscosity of the product. The color stays vibrant and where you put it, application can be a bit fussy (a la OCC lip tars), but once on I found that this stays in place and fades evenly after a few hours, not leaving a ring around your mouth like some similarly textured and pigmented lip colors would. I also like that despite being very "stay in it's place" and shiny, it's not sticky.

The one downside though is the smell/taste. Castor seed oil or (ricinus communis seed oil as it on NYX's label) is the first ingredient and while it's great at holding pigment in lip colors, it smells pretty yucky. Fixing this is easy though, I added a singular drop of pure peppermint oil (only one drop is needed, extra could really irritate your skin!) and now it smells like mint instead of plastic.

I'm looking forward to trying more of these and really like having these as a high-performance, cruelty-free and budget conscious option in my makeup wardrobe.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by yudaliz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm reviewing this lippy based on one particular shade I own since I havent tried the rest and I probably wont bc i dont need to. I own nude peach fuzz and I must say this is just perfect. The color is beautiful, super pigmented but buildable so If i want just a tint i applied a little bit or a lot if i want full coverage on my highly pigmented lips. Just wear a lip balm as a base and this will look gorgeous and last a few hours. It has a very light scent, that doesnt bother me at all its almost like baby powder but it goes away right way. Make sure you blend with ur fingers, learn how to play with it and u will love it just like me, ive been wearing this every single since I got it :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by mkeddie

So thick, it looks horrible on my lips. Goes on with a big line going across my bottom lips. Shows every line in your lips and is gooey. I will try putting it on with my fingers because I hate to throw it out but I have a feeling its going in the garbage!! Saw this product on Pinterest, I should have come to makeup alley for the reviews before buying it!!!!