Patricia Wexler MD Dermatology Daily Defense Anti-Oxidant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 in Medium

1.0

on 1/8/2012 12:29:00 AM

I bought this product at a semi-annual Bath and Body Works sale. I am Asian who tans easily. NC 42 when I've gotten a lot of sun and NC 30 during the rest of the year. I find this is much too dark for me most of the year except for when I an really tanned. I've had this for over a year now I think and I barely reach for it, not only because it too dark but also because it doesn't blend that easily. Since lately I've been finding that I got very tanned I've decided to start using this again until i go back to my regular shade.

First I apply a pre-foundation primer (currently Napoleon Perdis Autopilot primer) and set it with a powder (currently Lancome dual finish in Matte Buff). It works ok if you do that but I'm not too impressed with this tinted moisturizer. I don't think I'd buy it again.

Lastly, this product leaves a slight tingle/burn sensation on my skin, not necessarily bad. It is not painful. Maybe it has something to do with the "skin regenerating MMPI*20" claim listed on the squeeze tube.

**** Update
I changed this from 2 lippies to 1 lippie. When you set this stuff, it starts clumping up into balls so you have all these residue on your face. Not really usable if you don't want your face to be shiny.