April 16, 2014 | 2043 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Almay - Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Megzimo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I bought this primer I thought it would help brighten and reduce the redness on my skin. It did absolutely nothing! When I smoothed it over my skin it seemed to just go clear, it didn't really help with the longevity of my makeup either. Not to mention the burning sensation when applied to my face. I figured if I didn't like it then I should let someone else give it a try because my skin is pretty sensitive and I didn't want to waste it, so I let my friend try it at my house. Her face was hot and red and she said it burned too, we had to wash it off almost immediately. Definitely regret buying this and would not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by lola444

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer does not work for me. It does not correct or perfect at all. As I have a combination/ oily skin, the product does not do anything to help it. And its so watery that seems like I haven't put anything on, but just make my skin more oily and not correcting my skin color. plus it has a terrible smell!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Jenyfyr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for about a year now and love it. This is the first and only primer I've ever used so I'm sure that are better ones out there, but I definitely feel it does what it says it'll do (even tone & reduce redness). I don't find it has a smell to it at all and it seems to dry quickly and absolutely helps my foundation last through the day. I feel the price is reasonable, especially since a bottle seems to last a long time (I use one "pump" pretty much every day of the week when I get ready in the morning) and I like that it's an readily available in a wide variety of stores so it's easy to replace when I run out. Oh, and most importantly, it doesn't clog my pores or irritate my sensitive skin. I will absolutely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Carlysmilesx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

AWESOME for getting rid of any red spots or blemishes you have!!! I use it on its own when I don't use foundation - just so I can go out without my red spots showing. Hydrates skin. Let dry fully before putting foundation on - or else no good

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by mehevans

Absolutely hated it. Not only does it smell TERRIBLE (like cat pee), it doesn't do any of the things it was supposed to. Didn't notice any color perfecting at all and it didn't help my foundation stay on any longer than it normally would. Save your money and splurge on a primer that actually works.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by TGarrigues

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this product about a year ago because I realized then what primer was for! Pros for this product: Your makeup stays on the whole day. It reduces any redness on your face. It has a cool swirl in the bottle which is just cool looking lol. The cons: Definitely the price was a little much for me, however this product works for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by kawaiidesu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

How it swirls is really pretty. This primer doesn't reduce redness but it does act as a decent base for makeup. The smell may seem a bit strong at first but you can ignore it. I honestly tried better primers but this isn't bad. It does an okay job. Check out my other reviews!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Nades01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have no clue what kinda nose people have here....the smell is horrible??? Really? cat piss? wow! let me meet your cat please, so I can adopt him! The smell is totally no-existent, like all Almay's products. Does it really do what it says it does. Not exactly but I do notice a slight decrease in my redness.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by MsLucyRyan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to agree with other reviews on the smell, it is awful and doesn't seem to go away. Also it makes me have an ashy look to my skin when I use it. Would definitely not buy again, can't even make it through the 1st bottle :-(

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by AstralAshley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only reason why I would EVER use this again is for hydrating my skin. This doesn't work as a primer or as a color corrector. The smell is absolutely horrible (cat piss). I can barely put it on my face without gagging.