November 26, 2014 | 1853 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - The Fun Palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love The Fun Palette and the only reason I would not repurchase (if it's still available) is that I have more eye shadows than my two eye lids could possibly handle for years to come..to say eye shadow palettes are my addiction could be an understatement..

This is a great little palette and very easy to travel with as the packaging is sturdy, I love the colour combinations and the fact that you can do a quick natural eye look with this too, but sometimes neutral is boring so it's great to have a little something extra to spice things up a bit.

I love the vibrant violet colour "Fishnet" and use this often as an eye liner - against green eyes it really pops. Fishnet can also be found in the Deluxe Shadow Box Palette - also a much loved palette.

I love Urban Decay eye shadows - easy to apply, stay all day without creasing and most of the shadows have a nice buttery consistency.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

I was lucky enough to purchase this on sale on Urban Decays website for 16$. It comes in an attractive zippered case opening it with 6 gorgous pigmented shadows in them including a tiny lipgloss in the color Midnight Cowboy which is a pretty neutral color that can match to any shade. There is plenty of product in each pot and all of the colors are stunning and the shadows have a soft texture and glide on like silk. Getting this on sale was a score but not sure I would've paid full retail as im on a budget but super stoked on this palette, its awesome!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think the 2011 and 2012 version should have a different review section, because they really are two complete different palettes even if they are in the same color family. My review is going to be on the 2011 version, which you can get for a fair price online now that they have upgraded it (the original price was 34 dollars, I think I got it for 22). The palette comes with 6 x 9g of product, and a travel sized 24/7 glide on eyeliner in the color Oil Slick, which is a sort of glittery black with a very slight purple, green, blue sheen to it. It does look a lot like Oil floating on the asfalt :) Like all glide on eyeliners this does perform wonderfully. And then you get a mini primer potion. This makes it great in value, and perfect for beginners who want to get to know Urban Decay for a fair price.

The eyeshadows are as listed:
Woodstock - a very bright, dark pink color similar to Mac's passion. This is darker and not as matte, in MAC language this would be a satin finish. Even so, I think this is the best eyeshadow you can get in this color. It's pigmented and easy to build: you can get fall out if you pack on too much at a time, but that's so be expected with such a pigmented shadow.

Baked - My favorite! This is the eyeshadow over all eyeshadows in my opinion. Super pigmented, super rich, super metallic. It's a very flattering bronze color for all eyes, and performs best put on with your fingers.

Uzi - The Meh of this palette. A white, boring color with lots of nasty glitter fallouts. I don't understand how this fits the fun theme of the palette, I would like to ask Urban Decay "WHY?" because this has not been touched more than 1 or 2 times. I do know that the new formulas has better glitter shadows, so I will not turn completely away from UD's glitter formulas. But this.... ugh.

Sin - I know this is a go to color for many Urban Decay fans, and I can definitely see why. It's a pinkish, champagne color, re-made in many urban decay products - such as the Primer Potion and holds place in the Naked Palette. This may not be such a huge pop of color, but it does compliment the rest of the colors as a gentle highlight. This was probably thought of as a nice highlight addition to Uzi, but this does a much better job and has that velvety texture Uzi lacks.

Flipside - Another favorite, Urban Decay really did collect a lot of great colors for this palette. It's an irish green color with lots of pigmentation and a pearly sheen. Perfect for brown eyes and a really fun pop of color. Unlike a lot of greens this is a really wearable shade that can be used on the lid or under the bottom lashes to create a strong look.

Psychedelic Sister - This is the darkest color of the palette, a dark purply color that compliments Flipside and Woodstock perfectly. It's almost aubergine colored, but a tad too light for that. It's similar to flipside in texture and sheen, and looks darker in the pan than on the lid. This is also to find in eyeliner and has been re-created in the improved formula as a build your own palette item. Perfect for my brown eyes.

All in all I like this palette a lot, but I don't think I will buy it again as I would love to try Urban Decay's new eyeshadow formulas.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by tequilaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like these colors a lot they all look awesome especially Fishnet. Urban decay quality is amazing cant argue that. I wish they had replaced Stray Dog with a more colorful shade though I feel like it doesnt belong

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by makeupchameleon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this palette so much! it is so great for any occasion! it has 6 stunning colors and a sparkling lip gloss. i received this as a birthday present and i love it so much! all the eye shadows apply fulling to my eyes and are rich in color! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Pekoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love it! All of the colors in this palette are pretty and pigmented, and there's a nice variety here. I would have liked a brighter shade to replace Sin in order to better fit with the "fun" theme -- it's hard to find entirely colorful palettes and this would be a great opportunity -- but since it's a very useful shade I can't complain too much. Uzi gets a lot of flack for being a complete glitterbomb, but it's completely usable with a sticky base like Pixie Epoxy.

One thing I like about UD's eyeshadow palettes are the extras, which improve the value (even moreso considering that I got this on sale). The primer potion needs no introduction, and while it's not perfect on my oily lids it's one of the best primers I've used. The pencil eyeliner, however, isn't so great: it doesn't go on very smoothly and is underpigmented. I far prefer liquid or gel eyeliner, but I still expected more from a product that a lot of people love. However, this may be due to the inherently difficult nature of glitter pencil eyeliners, and because of that and because, again, the palette's theme I wish they included an unusual color instead. (I guess they wanted to provide a complete look?)

A good buy if you're not a neutrals-only kind of makeup user and especially if you can get it on a bargain website, just don't expect to love the eyeliner!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by alldaygirl

I love UD palettes, but I have all of these colors in other palettes. (just different names) I'ts just not my favorite, but the colors are great for summer & perfect for anyone who doesn't already own any UD eye makeup. It comes w/ everything you need to get started. 6 shadows, an original primer, & a 24/7 liner. BTW-I for some reason do not like UD shadows in circles. Weird, but I've just gotten used to them in squares in the pallettes. (rectangle in Nakeds.)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Alexacelineazka84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love woodstock,sin,baked in fun pallete.I dont know why people give low rate this stuff there.If u dont ever tried urban decay shadow before,Fun pallete are the right choice.
The colour in the fun pallete permanent.
Sin is my favorite,love it.I have planning buy sin single e/s since i like it so much.
You get ud 24/7 oil slick and udpp there.
I buy in $ 19,worth to buy great value.
I also wear uzi,nice if i wear with wet and carefull

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by elfodimontagna

I like it but it gives a lot of fall out! the colours are really bright and fun indeed a part from uzi that sucks, too much glitter! i paid 10 eurosfot it! at first i couldn't belive it! so cheap...
only problem: I am a neutral girl so I use this palette only for practise.. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by reaperangelique

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I chose Fun over Dangerous and Feminine because I was after bright colours, and I was drawn to Flipside and Woodstock like a moth to a crazy bright flame. Before I get to those, the packaging is nice, it's relatively secure, there's a fair amount of product for the price and it's a pretty good 'gateway drug' of a palette. That said, I have mixed feelings about the shadows themselves.

Sin is a champagne colour that I already had in Naked; perfect pigmentation, great colour, all of that, but uninteresting because I already had it. Baked, a bright gold, was a similar story- already had Half Baked and while it's deeper, it's not that different. It is beautiful, though. Those two are the best of the lot.

Psychedelic Sister is a slightly warm, rich purple and it's not the most pigmented thing ever, but it's certainly not bad- it combines well with other pinks and purples. Woodstock is a hot pink and it's gorgeous in the pan, but it applies pretty sheer unless you pack it on- making it more wearable, but less of the bright pink I was after. Flipside is even more disappointingly lacking in pigmentation and at first I was pretty annoyed- such a beautiful bright teal in the pan and hardly showing up on my eyes! With patience, I got it to work pretty well layered over Hustle, a chocolate brown. Basically these three are not as bright as they look and it can be a trial to get them to work, but it is achievable.

Let's not even talk about Uzi- white with glitter- because I knew that was a dead loss before I even bought it. Pigmented enough on my finger but basically a load of glitter on my eyes. Has its uses but it's hardly a shade I'm reaching for a lot.

I won't be getting another (not that I would run out anyway), but it's good. Just not spectacular. The colours themselves are hard to use by themselves- Flipside and Baked work, so do Woodstock and PS, or Sin and Baked- so they're more of an addition to a collection than a starter or all-purpose palette. I use them more and like them better now that I have the Skull shadow box to coordinate them with. I hear good things about Feminine and Dangerous, but I just don't want muted or dark colours.