October 24, 2014 | 2036 users online

Eye Primer - Manhattan - Eyeshadow Base

rated 2.0(1 review)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by PrettyL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the German makeup brand Manhattan. The eyeshadow base comes in a little pot with a screw lid. It is a light beige color with a tiny, tiny bit of shimmer that hardly shows up on the lid. It had quite a woody, herbal smell that reminds me of a sauna. It didn't irritate my skin.

It worked reasonably well for a few months. I don't do any really "out-there" eye looks, but this gave me the results I wanted. However, after a few months the product dried to a putty-like consistency and I can't even apply it anymore, it just smudges and smears in little clumps. I don't wear eye makeup every day, so this was kind of a waste event though it was rather cheap, as I'll have to chuck it already and there's still a lot of product left.

I'll be sticking to a powder finish concealer from now on (I'm liking my disc. Quick Hide! Origins concealer as an ES base). I'm sure there are other good drugstore concealers that work even better than a lot of bases, even if they are not advertized as such.