August 22, 2014 | 1028 users online

Skincare - Face - Soap & Glory - Face Soap & Clarity 3-in-1 Daily Facial Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by FotiniKay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by floofinator

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is currently my go-to cleanser and I'm on my 3rd tube. Combined with the Clarisonic, it beats the results I've gotten from using more expensive cleansers like Boscia and Philosophy, which were my previous cleansers.

I love the squeeze tube packaging and the scent of the cleanser is refreshing and light. I think the pink beads are pretty useless but it does make the product look more interesting. My skin is combination, leaning towards normal and I used to get 2-3 breakouts per month. Now, with my new skincare regime which includes Soap & Glory, I'm down to maybe 1 breakout or less per month. I wash my face in the PM with this (which is also the only time I use my Clarisonic; in the morning I use St. Ive's Apricot scrub in the shower).

I always remove eye makeup prior to cleansing so I can't really comment on its makeup removing properties. It does a good job taking off foundation though, leaving very little to no residue. My skin is normally well moisturized so I didn't find this product drying or anything.

It is a little expensive for a "drug store" product, but if it works, I'm willing to pay the price. It beats the $30 cleansers at, say, Sephora, for sure! I will continue to repurchase this product as long as it still does a good job of cleaning my skin. My skin typically needs a product change every few years so I can't say this is my real HG cleanser, but as of now it's pretty darn close!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Soap&Glory's Face Soap&Clarity is a "3-in-1 daily face wash with ultra soft jojoba scrub beads plus super-tasking vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and Soap&Glory's exclusive SuperFruit complex. It cleans and purifies skin, effortlessly removes makeup and gently exfoliates. In short, it's one killer cleanser." This cleaner recently underwent a reformulation,but the changes don't seem to be too major (my review is for the old formula). This cleanser contains 150 ml (5 fl oz) and sells for £8 in the UK and $15 in the US. Face Soap&Clarity had been on my wishlist for quite a while, and I was very pleased to receive it as a gift from my friend Rae. Soap&Glory does not test on animals. This face wash was made in the UK. Soap&Glory products can be bought at drugstores in Canada, the UK, and Germany; and at Sephora in the US.
Along with the reformulation, Face Soap&Clarity was repackaged, but again the changes aren't drastic. My squeeze tube of Face Soap&Clarity is tall and thin (the new tube is short and wide now) with a white flip top ca. The front of the tube features the product name, some facts about the formula, and a challenge from the brand! On the back of the tube you'll find directions, a warning, and a full ingredient list - all written in Soap&Glory's typical, cheeky tone.
Face Soap&Clarity is a viscous, light blue gel with small pink exfoliating beads suspended in it. You need very little of this foaming cleansing, a small drop produces a good amount of light lather that rinses cleanly. I've been using this as a my morning cleanser for three to four weeks with no negative effects. This cleanser can be ever so slightly drying for me, I guess on days that I've produced less oils. Dean used Face Soap&Clairty for about a week before it started to dry his skin out (he has sensitive, acne prone skin for reference). This cleanser really seems to target oil. As far as makeup removal goes, Face Soap&Clarity is pretty good, it removes face makeup no sweat and it takes some but not all eye makeup off as well. Unsurprisingly, the little pink exfoliating beads prove useless. I can feel them on my skin, but I highly doubt that they have any actual exfoliating benefits, seeing as they're few and a far between. What makes Soap&Glory's "jojoba scrub beads" interesting is hat they don't burst or melt when they come in contact with water, they remain intact. Sometimes I find them in the sink hours after washing my face. I've never seen that happen before. This facial cleanser is strongly scented - fragrance in the ninth ingredient. Not only is fragrance an irritating and unnecessary ingredient, the scent included in Face Soap&Clarity is kinda gross in my opinion. It's a watery, synthetic floral that reminds me of a funeral parlor.
I have mixed feels in regards to Soap&Glory's Face Soap&Clairty 3-in-1 Daily Detox Vitamin C Daily Detox Facial Wash. Packaging is cute and you know, so is the cleanser it's self - the color combo is pretty. The lather feels nice and for the most part this cleanser agrees with my skin. This cleanse is definitely not for dry or sensitive skin types. Face Soap&Clarity can be stripping. I also really dislike the scent. From what I can see in the ingredients, Soap&Glory took the fragrance down a notch, but its still far too much. For the most part I like Face Soap&Clarity, but it isn't perfect for me so I likely will not repurchase it. If you've been considering this facial cleanser, try to find the 1 fl oz travel size offered at Sephora for $3.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Heyitskristina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like this,but i still get pimples though. It gets my skin clear without really breaking it out. I would buy this product again

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by fashionfreak678

I've been looking for an alternative to the Clinique Liquid Facial Soap I've been using for over 5 years because it doesn't do much for me. I'm pretty new to Soap and Glory and prior to purchasing this I tried their lip balm, the body wash Clean on Me as well as The Righteous Butter Body Lotion. Loved all three! I saw on Sephora's site that the brand also had a cleanser, Face Soap and Clarity. The full size wasn't available but I bought 6 1 oz. bottles at $3 each which is actually a better value!

I have very sensitive combination skin with occasional breakouts and irritation due to eczema but this product is very gentle yet effective, which is what I was looking for. This does a great job at cleansing and making my skin feel fresh without drying it out. The scent is tolerable, and the beads in it are an added plus! I'm sticking with my usual Clinique Liquid Facial Soap and Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub in the morning but any other time I need to wash my face I use this. Even though it's pricey (along with pretty much everything else Soap and Glory offers), it's worth it! Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Dolly444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Before this, I used to use a cheap face wash from Simple skincare. Whilst that was fine for me, this Face Soap came in a Christmas gift package (along with other S&G goods, see my other reviews! :P).

This Face Soap has to be one of my favourite S&G products! It feels lovely on my face, doesn't dry my skin out like regular soap, and smells really lovely! At £8 (or something near that mark), it's not cheap for face wash but it did feel really nice and my skin was left really fresh and clean but not dry!

I think I would repurchase :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a sample in my Sephora purchase and thought I'd give it a try. I know the name of the company should have warned me but WOOF did this smell like soap. Like the kind of bar soap you find in your Gramma's house. It was thick and there were a couple of pinkish beads in it that didn't appear to do much. It lathered up very nicely (I DID use too much of it as the package had ripped open and it wasn't going to keep) and felt pretty good when it was on, but the smell was overwhelming. It took a lot of water to wash it all off and now my skin still smells of it. Though my face feels really soft, it sort of feels like there's a film on it. It's pretty likely that I won't buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by JessMolesworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i like this face wash. makes my skin soft and doesn't break me out. it lasts ages as you only need a tiny amount. i wouldn't buy this again just because i have to buy this online. i love the smell aswell.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by EscalatorKid

I bought a little 1oz bottle for $3 with my Sephora order this week. (A 5oz bottle is $16.)

I have oily skin and my usual, everyday go-to is Cetaphil for Normal-to-Oily skin since it's not formulated as "acne-treating" and therefore, doesn't dry my skin out and cause me to break out.

This Soap and Glory 3-in-1 is very nice. It does make my skin feel a tad drier than with Cetaphil, so I wouldn't use it every day, but I really do like this. It has a very pleasant smell.

The exfoliating properties aren't as much as I would prefer.

My favorite thing about this scrub has to be the "tingly" feeling that I get. It makes my whole face feel very cool and refreshed; kind of the same effect that your mouth gets from chewing a few breath mints at once. It reminds me of the Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub which gives me the same "tingly" feeling, but without the acne medication, so I could use it much more frequently.

I can't comment on the full-size bottle, but the 1oz sample bottle has a very small opening on the bottle cap, so it lets out the minimal amount of product. I find that I really like this as it prevents me from over-dispensing product.

You don't need a huge amount of this wash for your face and neck. They recommend a "grape sized" amount, but I would start with half of that and use more if you need it.

For $3 for a one ounce bottle, I really can't complain. Much pricier than I would normally buy, but not as outrageously priced as some other scrubs.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by louisahm26

I enjoyed using this as it is a nice everyday cleanser. However, I think it is a little too perfumed and I didn't notice any difference in my blemish-prone skin. That said, it certainly didn't make it any worse so I think it works well.