April 17, 2014 | 913 users online

Cleansers - Physicians Formula - Wrinkle Corrector and Firming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Kristinaweaver08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I read that once you hit late 20's you should switch to cream cleansers instead of foaming. I came across this one on clearance at Walmart and LOVEEEE it! will use it as long as I can get it. I will never go back to foam cleansers again. It leaves my skin really soft and fresh looking. I use rosehip oil after I cleanse with this and what a perfect combination! GLOWING!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Physicians Formula Wrinkle Corrector and Firming Cleanser Formula RX 101 is the best cleanser I've used in a long time. I got mine at Ulta (I don't recall the price).

The cosmeceutical ingredients are listed on the front of the container I have and claims to have AHA, Laminaria Algae Complex and Hydrolyzed Pea Peptide Blend. I can tell a difference in the feel of my skin using this cleanser, during the cleanse the soft texture melts my makeup away without irritating my eyes, the gentle scent is pleasant and claming and rinses clean away when I'm done. The best part is that afterward my skin feels clean and the texture is so incredibly soft without feeling any greasy pore clogging residue.

My main skincare concerns are texture, tone, fine lines and moisture. I feel like this cleanser helps with all of these areas. I like the pump dispenser, the amount of cleanser - at 5 oz. is decent and I can get this at Ulta. For reference, I mainly use Cetaphil or Aveeno cleansers, and have several others that I bring in depending on my skincare needs at the moment. I dont dislike Cetaphil but it doesn't really rinse completely away on me like PF does.

Of all the cleansers I have most are missing one key element to being a "must have" or HG status cleanser - PF is pretty close! Time will tell, hopefully they won't change the formula and continue to offer this lineup or at the very least this cleanser. I recommend anyone with similiar skincare concerns looking for an all around great cleanser to try this one at the time I purchased mine Ulta was running a promo BOGO 1/2 off - I wish I would have grabbed two of these instead of the moisturizer. This cleanser is a five all the way around and a star in my routine - no matter what else is in my rotation I want this to always be present for duty!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by danafinfin

This cleanser is great - especially for the price. Even though it is moderately expensive, it lasts me at least 2 months (you only need one pump per use); I pay around $12 for it at Fred Meyer's. I have combination skin, with some very sensitive dry and patchy areas at times due to the use of tazorac (very strong retinoid). This is the only AHA cleanser I have been able to tolerate well, without severe irritation. The cleanser feels super creamy, and leaves my skin super-soft. I used to also be wary of cleansers that did not create a bubbly lather, but getting over that was one of the best things I ever did! I haven't used a traditional lathering cleanser in years, and my skin is SO much better. It exfoliates the skin, and I feel helps my retinoid and serums to work better and faster. Like the previous reviewer mentioned, it also works great with my clarisonic. Overall, I am very satisfied with this product. I will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by tuffers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This must be a new product line from Physicians Formula, I have trouble finding it in my local stores. Some Walmarts have it but they are always sold out of most of the complimentary products. The cleanser has been the easiest to find. I didn't like it at first, it's very creamy and doesn't lather at all. No fragrance, either, and those are the two things that are the kiss of death for a cleanser, in my book. Well, I stole my daughters clarisonic from her and needed a gentle cleanser to use it with so I thought I would try it one more time. Holy cow, it works great with the clarisonic! I pump out a couplf of dollops, smear it all over my face and neck, then go over it with the clarisonic. It rinses of cleanly and my skin feels smooth as a baby's bottom. I do need to add that I use a cleansing wipe to take most of my makeup off first, since you can't exactly use a clarisonic on your eyes. I had a devil of a time finding the complimentary products, the day moisturizer, the night moisturizer and the serum because all the walmarts were sold out but I finally got it all. So far, very, very happy and highly recommend. You might have better luck ordering it online from Walmart and CVS carries it, too. Our local CVS didn't have it in the store. I'll do reviews of the other products in the appropriate catagories but I can say I do recommend them all.