February 27, 2015 | 1865 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - Infallible - Bronzed Taupe 890

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2015 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Principesa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Always on the look out for a shadow that covers pinkish lids and doesn't wear off, I decided to try this one based on the reviews here. As a mature professional I am cautious about too much shimmer, but with a light touch this shadow gave me long lasting coverage with enough shimmer to brighten the eye area without looking too trashy (I think, no one has said anything anyway!) I apply with my pinky, starting out the outer lid and blending up and in toward the inner corner. You need to move fast with this, it sets quickly and there is little play. If you use too much it is hard to get off, you would probably have to start all over with a clean lid. I understand many are against using fingers in a pot for sanitary reasons, but I am not sure how well a brush would work with this product with the fast drying time. I use this on the whole lid. If I want a little drama at night I can easily add some more for a little smoky eye look. I use black eye shadow powder on the upper water line for emphasis. This color is cooler as opposed to the usual bronzes so does not give me red eyelids, just neutral darker color. No crepe which is awesome for a shimmery shadow. Good contrast for green eyes and really does last all day. There is a little tamper type object you are supposed to put on top of the shadow after every use which is not airtight but I used it anyway. What I have noticed if you accidentally gouge out a chunk it does not blend back into the shadow. I used the tamper to push the gouged piece back in and to keep the shadow flat and tight. I think this helps me not pick up too much color. I have been using this every day for weeks during winter. Will see how it works in the summer. Very happy with it so far!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

I really like these shadows! In general, the Maybelline Tattoo shadows are a bit more long-lasting but I like the packaging and shade options from this line better. This color is comparable to Maybelline's Bad to the Bronze, but I like that there's more of a softer shimmer to the L'Oreal version. I can wear this to work or out for drinks with friends. I use an eye primer because my lids are oily, and the color las t s and doesn't crease except for the most humid summer days. The packaging is good too, in that it's not a bulky jar and there is a special protective plate inside the lid that fits snugly against the product to prevent it from drying out due to being exposed to the air.
I have 2 shades of this shadow line and want to try more. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

woo! so pretty with just the right amount of shimmer, these infallible shadows always impress me. i own 11 of them and am amazed by all of them! they last all day on me. but i dont like that the shimmer can fall onto my eyeliner. but oh well! love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by kamiforr

I bought this on a whim and I do not regret it. Great texture and easy to blend or build the product. I would highly recommend it to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first and favorite L'oreal Infallible eyeshadow. It is a beautiful bronze taupe that looks complex because of the shimmer. I wear it more a crease color more than anything, but it is also gorgeous on its own as an all over color. On my warm NC35 skin it is extremely flattering, and the pigment and texture cannot be beat. I apply it directly with my fingers, and I have no problems with blending or pigmentation on my lids. It also lasts for the whole day on my lids, making it a great staple to have in my collection despite all the other bronzey shades that I have!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by hmhanke89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

What an amazingly beautiful shade! I went on a wild goose chase looking for it, all the stores around me were sold out- I can see why! I use this as a go-to simple shadow look. Over primer and/or Maybelline CT Bad to the Bronze, I swipe this onto my lids using my fingers then take a bit more of it blended up into the crease using a brush. It's so dimensional and beautiful- not quite gray, not quite bronze, not quite taupe. It looks darker in the crease which I like. It brings out my blue eyes in a very natural way, I'm loving it! Price is about 7-8 but there's always sales and coupons so you would likely never have to pay that much.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by linwild

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely shimmery bronze with a smooth buttery texture. I was a little nervous seeing how much sparkle appears in the product through the jar. However, the shimmer is subtler when it goes on. The product is highly pigmented; a light swipe gives you plenty of color. I bought this at the same time as Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. The two products are similar in color, shimmer, and texture, but this one is a bit darker and more purple, particularly if you build it up. It also has good staying power, as I discovered when I tried to wash the swipes off the back of my hand and had trouble with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Yolyalex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing eyeshadow!!! Great pigmentation and lasting power... Consistency feels like creamy but then almost powdery. I wore this for work and after 9 hours I didn't notice a difference, no crease or fading. I've tried many high end eyeshadows (Chanel, Nars, Mac, LancĂ´me) and this eyeshadow has the same if not better quality than the pricy ones. It is definitely worth the money and I think has better color payoff than some expensive brands out there. I have Bronze taupe, Iced latte (vanilla cream color), Always pearly pink (light pink), and Burst into bloom (a pink/purplish) and I love them all. I've heard complaints about the pot not being glass but I think the plastic it comes in is good quality and since it's light you can carry it in your purse anywhere. For the price $8+ it's definitely worth purchasing every color they have!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I love this stuff. It has a great taupe color and the lasting power is great. I could literally wear all day and it hardly fades! Another bonus is it blends very nicely

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by AdorkableNargle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

THIS EYESHADOW IS AMAZING. I was torn between this and the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze, but that ended up being sold out so I bought this instead. I'm so glad I did, because it has this beautiful, dimensional color and shimmer to it. Not too much, but not to little. And it's a nice color to wear to school or if you're a beginner in makeup because it's not so overpowering or distracting. Plus, it lasts forever, but I recommend using a primer just because the payoff is better and it stays on even longer, especially if you have really oily eyelids like me. I would totally buy this again, and if possible, in other colors too. The only thing that put me off was the price (around $7, which to me is still kind of expensive for a single shadow pot) but it was worth it because of how often I use it.