April 20, 2014 | 1924 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - Infallible - Bronzed Taupe 890

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by linwild

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely shimmery bronze with a smooth buttery texture. I was a little nervous seeing how much sparkle appears in the product through the jar. However, the shimmer is subtler when it goes on. The product is highly pigmented; a light swipe gives you plenty of color. I bought this at the same time as Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. The two products are similar in color, shimmer, and texture, but this one is a bit darker and more purple, particularly if you build it up. It also has good staying power, as I discovered when I tried to wash the swipes off the back of my hand and had trouble with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Yolyalex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing eyeshadow!!! Great pigmentation and lasting power... Consistency feels like creamy but then almost powdery. I wore this for work and after 9 hours I didn't notice a difference, no crease or fading. I've tried many high end eyeshadows (Chanel, Nars, Mac, LancĂ´me) and this eyeshadow has the same if not better quality than the pricy ones. It is definitely worth the money and I think has better color payoff than some expensive brands out there. I have Bronze taupe, Iced latte (vanilla cream color), Always pearly pink (light pink), and Burst into bloom (a pink/purplish) and I love them all. I've heard complaints about the pot not being glass but I think the plastic it comes in is good quality and since it's light you can carry it in your purse anywhere. For the price $8+ it's definitely worth purchasing every color they have!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I love this stuff. It has a great taupe color and the lasting power is great. I could literally wear all day and it hardly fades! Another bonus is it blends very nicely

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by AdorkableNargle

THIS EYESHADOW IS AMAZING. I was torn between this and the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze, but that ended up being sold out so I bought this instead. I'm so glad I did, because it has this beautiful, dimensional color and shimmer to it. Not too much, but not to little. And it's a nice color to wear to school or if you're a beginner in makeup because it's not so overpowering or distracting. Plus, it lasts forever, but I recommend using a primer just because the payoff is better and it stays on even longer, especially if you have really oily eyelids like me. I would totally buy this again, and if possible, in other colors too. The only thing that put me off was the price (around $7, which to me is still kind of expensive for a single shadow pot) but it was worth it because of how often I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by becky129

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This eye shadow is FABULOUS!!! I have oily lids, but this formula stays on all day with great color payoff, which is a miracle for me. I love it so much I keep buying more colors. So far I have Bronzed Taupe, Amber Rush, Liquid Diamond, Eternal Sunshine & Golden Sage.

L'Oreal's ad says that this is "Velvety Formula. Fadeproof. Waterproof." and for once, the ad is truthful! I have gone swimming with this on and it stays put until I remove with cleanser.

I'm not a fan of the plastic stopper, so I toss it immediately. My shadow still remains in tact all the way until I hit pan.

If you are on the fence about getting one of these, just do it! They are reasonably priced and unlike any other shadow I've tried (high end OR drugstore.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is such a beautiful color with my blue eyes! It is a little dark if I put it all over my lid, so I prefer to use it in the crease or outer edges. I love putting it under my lower lashes, too. I also use this with a small angle brush to pat over my brown eyeliner so set the liner and to also give it a little something. The texture is very smooth and applies beautifully with your fingers as well. This is my only Infallible Eyeshadow (I'd love to get Iced Latte -- it's on my wish list) and I am pleased with the shadow. I think it will last FOREVER!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, is this ever pigmented! I had this in my untrieds drawer and grabbed it yesterday to do a quick look before going out to dinner. I had a base eye color on that was a mushroom color and I wanted a little crease shading. Since I had already bathed and removed my day's makeup before hubs suggested taking me out for dinner I really didn't want to spend time and effort on a full makeup job, so I skipped the brushes and a lot of steps and wanted a natural no make up look, so I just barely touched my fingertip to this shadow and swiped it on my crease. Oh my goodness, but this has a lot of pigment. And I just barely touched it. This would be fabulous for a smoky eye look. It was a little tricky getting a natural look for me since I am fair skinned. The shadow blends beautifully! I have a dozen of these Infallible shadows now and I love them all. I do wish they had some matte ones though as my older skin tends to look crepey with the shimmers sometime. But yeah, I love this shadow and highly pigmented is always good. Preferred actually. My only real complaint with these loose shadows is I can't find a satisfactory way to apply them yet. With long nails I dislike using my fingers to dip into a pot of anything, and it can be rather ineffective if not impossible to even reach the product with long nails, but the brushes and sponge tip applicators aren't the best for this either so I don't know the answer. But I do know this is a fantastic product and I will be buying more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by 2010

Love these! I have them in: Amber Rush, Bronze Divine, Sahara Treasure, Tender Caramel, Forever Pink and Bronzed Taupe.

I am no good at describing shades so I will leave that for the experts. ;)

These are all very pigmented, easy to use and have minimal fallout. They go on sale for $6 at Superstore (Canada) which I think is a pretty good price to pay. Amber Rush is impossibl to find in Canada, so I would suggest you pick it up in the US if you have the chance. It's a beautiful colour.
They have great lasting power but I find they do crease on me w/o primer. So primer is a must. I use UDPP.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this better than Maybelline's Bad to the Bronze. This isn't as frosty and it is a bit darker which I like. The application is smooth (I use my ring finger) and it stayed on my eyes til I washed it off with Dove soap. Not like Maybellines' which left traces that I had to use makeup remover for. I don't mind the plastic pot. It isn't heavy, it is portable and that little stopper keeps it firm I think.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by BeautyLove02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I uploaded a picture with the Bronzed Taupe alone and over 3 different eyeshadow cream bases to show you how versatile this is...but I couldn't figure out how to print words on the photo :) From Left to Right: First swatch: bronzed taupe ALONE (gorgeous!), 2nd swatch BT over Laura Mercier Metallic creme eye colour in Platinum, 3rd swatch BT over Benefit's Birthday Suit, and 4th swatch (my favorite one) BT over NYX Brightening Eyeshadow Base With Pearl. They are all so pretty and give slightly different looks (actually the Benefit makes it looks a lot different.) For reference, I am Makeup Forever HD #118, Revlon Colorstay Whipped 200Sand Beige, Dior Nude 023.
This is my favorite ds makeup..truly a gem. It is perfect alone as a wash of color and actually I think it looks better that way. Or with a cool brown like UD Tease in the crease. Even if i'm in a rush out the door with 5 minutes to get ready, I can't mess this up. It actually applies BETTER with my fingers, so I don't even have to get all my brushes out...even though playing with them never gets old:) It lasts all day long on me with little fading and zero patchiness. I LOVE it and will definitely buy again!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No