August 23, 2014 | 1726 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Color Correcting Primer (color 002)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by bex5020

I have bought this product a few times now, and I do like it but don't love it. I used the MAC primer before and didn't find it as good as this one, however that was a few years ago. I like this primer mainly because of the price point, and that it evens out my skin tone and does fill in fine lines on my forehead. In photographs my skin looks flawless but in real life the effect is not AMAZING. I agree with some reviews that this actually makes the pores on my nose bigger and you only need the smallest amount, and rub it in quickly otherwise it dries funny. I will probably spend the extra money and try the Smashbox one next. Overall a good primer for a good price.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Fazira

I bought this on a whim back when I had a voucher to spend at MYER, so I thought I'd splurge on a primer that would actually work. Knowing that revlon is sort of 'the king of foundations' in drugstores, I decided to try this since all their base is thought to be worth the money. I initially wanted to 001 shade but they were sold out, and this is supposed to be color correcting, and it sounds good enough so I bought it. What I love about it is that it really does make my foundation stay put during the day. I wore it recently under the hot Aussie sun and when i looked at the mirror at the end of my day out, my foundation (I used Revlon's Nearly Naked) didn't budge ! Note that I often use a tissue to blot my nose because I tend to get oily around my t-zone, and even then, my complexion still looks (nearly) flawless! The pump is also great because its hygienic, and the packaging is also not bad. The reason why I didn't give this 5/5 is because since it's made of silicone, the product does 'harden' and whenever i try to pump the product out, the chunks that have solidified would squeeze out first and I'll have to throw those before pumping it again for the 'normal' ones to come out. It's not a major problem, but just a turn off. I also think that the texture of the primer can feel a bit heavy on the skin, so sometimes you might feel like you have loads on the skin even after just the primer. And to be honest, I'm not all that much of a silicone-based primer fan. I prefer something that's more liquid. Regarding the color correcting part, the girl at the revlon counter showed me how it worked on her arm and it really evens out her skin! It was almost like a miracle worker. Maybe it's just my skin tone, but I didn't see much of a difference when I applied it to my face. So I can't really say it corrects my skin tone. Maybe my skin tone is pretty much corrected ? I'm not usually one to use a primer, but it is summer here in Australia, so I don't want my make up to melt off my face. So if you're looking for a primer, I definitely recommend this one. But maybe I'll still be looking for a better one and keep experimenting.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by iheartmakeup12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This primer works really well with the Revlon Colorstay Whipped! My skin stays matte all day and my makeup stays put. If a lot of primers break you out, then I would recommend trying this one out.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by AMaritimeBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not my favorite primer, nor am I particularly wow'd by it. I don't find that it does anything at all remarkable for me, color corrective or otherwise. My old ELF Color Corrective primer did a noticeably better job at half the price. As for providing a lasting finish, I'd say it does a mediocre job. I find myself looking in the mirror at lunch and wondering if I even bothers with any sort of foundation or concealer that day! My foundation does a better job on it's own for longevity.The only reason I keep using it is because I don't want to throw out nearly half a thing of primer.
Packaging is great. No problem with the pump, and is dispenses just enough product to get the job done w/o wasting.

All in all. Not worth it :/

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Majj157

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Worst thing about this is that it makes my pores soooo noticeable! I used this all over my face but then when I put on my liquid foundation (Revlon Colorstay or Covergirl 3 in 1) with my stippling brush I would have to almost skip over the areas of my face with bigger pores! (Mainly nose area) I finally tried putting on my foundation without any primer and it looked so much better! I also couldn't buff my liquid foundation on my face without it looking weird, I always had to blot it with my stippling brush. The primer was somewhat disappointing since I spent 12 dollars on it. I made it through most of the bottle but will not repurchase. I would not recommend this to people with larger pores or who need more foundation because of blemishes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

I scored this at Ulta yesterday for $4.99 bogo, so I got two bottles for less than $8! Upon first application this morning, the first thing I noticed about this primer is that it is very mattifying. Now, 10 hours later, my skin is still satin/matte and not oily - a major feat for me! There is a very generous amount of product and the glass bottle and pump is very sanitary. As for the primer itself, it is a light pinkish lavender color, but very sheer. The color does not at all show up on my skin. I can see a "blurring" effect on the side of my face that this is on compared to the other side, but the effect is subtle. Overall, I am quite pleased with this primer and will absolutely keep using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by joshctso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love how this product makes my skin perfectly matte, although it does require you to use a lot of product to get the effect that you want. The light purple tint goes away upon application and helps to hide inflammation. Another reason why I like this product is because it reduces the overall oiliness of the skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by lediskogirl

Am not sure if I will re-purchase. On one hand, it DOES make my make-up stay all day long, and makes my skin tone more even; on the other, if I wear it for too long my skin will break out in little bumps (not acne) the morning after. I also feel like my skin is not able to breathe. I recommend this for use during nights out, but not for day-night. Also not for every day as the skin feels like it can't breathe.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by 2292

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great, I really loved it it makes my pores smaller and reduces redness. Feels nice and smooth on the skin, does not even feel like you've got anything on your face. Does not make my skin oily. It is matte but not over drying. No sent. Pump is great, does not squirt everywhere. Love it. I use with revlon colourstay liquid foundation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

Was truly excited about using this product.When I was ready to use this,it wouldn't pump out,so the patience I had, just continued to pump over & over.Finally,was able to use.Lightly put on areas I wanted to use this.Applied my foundation & set with powder.It seemed all wrong & my foundation color looked slightly off.Was not pleased & couldn't wait to wash this off.As another person reviewed,it came me a whitish cast on my face,not a cute look =( I will have to search some more for another primer ~