September 17, 2014 | 1796 users online

Fragrances - Frederic Malle - Le Parfum de Therese

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by FrenchCoco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

To me, Le Parfum de Therese smells like bubble gum, plum bubble gum if such a thing exists. Very little evolution, not much complexity, poor longevity, and very expensive of course; I don't hate this fragrance, mind you, but would never buy it. That some people are willing to shell out so much money to get it really intrigues me. However, if I get a chance, I'll test it again just to check if my impressions are a little different, but I really doubt my review will go from "not worth the hype" to "great, I want it".

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by LyrA236

I suspect that this is what Femme would smell like if they had not cheapened the formula and added that dreadful note of cumin. Limpid and fruity, this is a scent of hot weather, sultry humidity, and opulent fruit. No plasticky pink grapefruits, no generic red candy, and no overpowering sweetness. This is more fresh, lush and grown up. If you are keen on fruity florals, but do not enjoy the bumper crop of cheaply made and mass produced celebri-scents, try this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by CobraRose

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If I didn't know the actual age of this fragrance, I'd assume it was a so-called "modern chypre"--the fruit notes, the suede-like texture, the absence of noticeable oakmoss. It's a skin scent in both senses of the word--staying close to the skin, and having a soft, skin-like quality. A remarkable achievement for its time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by SeeMeBeauty

This is not a perfume to be read or written about. It must be experienced. An absolute Masterpiece!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by ella343

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Roudnitska helped to usher in an age of fresh simplicity in perfumery, and true to type Le Parfum de Thérèse is not one of those perfumes that announces your presence as you walk into a room. It shares the quiet splendour of Guerlain Mitsouko, but much more fruit than chypre, takes on a youthful vivacity that makes me think of the tan, lissome legs of Brigitte Bardot in a carelessly languid, barefoot saunter. But this is not your Sephora's fruity-floral, the glow of peachy lactone, brightened unto incandescence with juicy tangerine, honeysweet melon, and the candied effervescence of violet, is thrown boozily together like fine sangria. Unlike the more ozonic, crisply hesperidic Diorella, Le Parfum de Thérèse is quite opulent beneath its mouthwatering surface—a chilly haze of grey pepper and rose, a thinly synthetic raspberry, lushly indolic jasmine, spiced plums and cedar, sueded vetiver—and yet in spite of its complexity not the least bit histrionic or oppressive, thanks to Roudnitska's lifelong interest in unsaturated, weightless olfactory expression. To my nose, this is the ultimate fruity fragrance, not sharp or artificially saccharine, but the true, lush aroma of perfectly ripe melons, nature sweet.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Reese325

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Why is it the worst scents stay on me for the longest time? Even soap couldn't get this wretched fragrance off of my skin. I got none of the lovely bits others have described with this perfume; I smelled like cantaloupes rotting in the sun for four days, and that is about all. Nothing changed about this scent from the first time I applied it until the next day when it finally wore off a bit. Just awful from beginning to end. Extremely glad I had a sample and not an entire bottle; this is a perfume I'll stay far away from forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Stonie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a grown-up, sexy, innovative scent.
It is a mixture of sensuous, ripe fruit, luscious, animalic jasmine and ever-so-slightly naughty leather.
I get goosebumps when I put this on!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by reikigoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a beauty just not my type of scent personally. If you like this you have to try, imho, Parfum Delrae's Emotionelle. It's composed by Michel Roudnitska (the son of Edmond who composed this scent) and has the melon note figuring prominently. It's a refined fruity floral yet I find it a bit more relaxed & softer while I think of Therese as more mature and elegant. I find that these are similar scents though and they share quite a few notes.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2009 4:51:00 AM More reviews by bgraceg

This was recommended to me by a fragrance expert, based on the history of other scents I have enjoyed.

The opening was much like those scents I have enjoyed (Cristalle, Calyx, Antonia's Flowers). I was initially excited that I had maybe found my new mainstay scent. The opening is a bright, greenish fruity floral, it smelled gorgeous to me initially. It reminded me a lot of Valentino (long since discontinued).

Then it wore down to something less intoxicating, and more ordinary...too fruity, lacking in delicacy and subtlety, on me..I know especially in good scents with quality ingredients, they can vary tremendously on each individual. This is probably beautiful on lots of people, and it was on me..just for 20 minutes or so..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2009 5:45:00 AM More reviews by mysterious_scent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Fruity Chypre? All I get is aquatic melon and plum. I agree it's well-bleneded and nicely done, very complicate, but I prefer Diorilla in the same genre

Update: I re-tested after 2 years when I first tried. My experence has totally changed. This time I smell florals, mossy notes and woods apart from melon and plum. Le Parfum de Therese makes me full both young and classy, innocent yet sophiscated. Amazing!