October 21, 2014 | 1922 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Party Parrot

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by vmalenfant

It is a good matt lipstick from mac, on me it is more a coral then a red on my lips. It is bright and on my very warm NC25 skin and pigmented lips, I need to work hard for this lipstick to look good (that why the 2 lippies), it is bright and wish it could be a tad darker to work with my skin tone. Great color for summer thought!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by GrungeMetalBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My absolute favourite Mac LE lipstick. Stunning colour and awesome quality. Party Parrot is beautiful, exotic, matte, quality and striking. Would love if Mac made it a permanent shade instead of making a few and making everyone go nuts to find it for months. Hey ho, will make mine last until next time around ;b If you've been contemplating getting this don't contemplate any longer, grab it when you can. I know I'll be searching for another back up one hehe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE... Party Parrot is pretty much just like impassioned... a little brighter, leans a little more coral, and matte finish!!! Oh how I love MAC's matte finish lippies!!! LONG wear - up to 7 hours w little to no touch ups... so pretty!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by taya786

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok so I bought this lipstick from a pro store along with 2 of pink pigeon, and had them ship it to me...And when I got it I thought this was like impassioned??? Its not its a bit different in a good way, impassioned looked awful on my nc37-nc40 skin....This is gorgeous coral red color, I wish I had bought 2....:(Thats why I sugguest not to just go by ppls review everyone's skin color is different and lipstick shade will vary....btw I thought I would like pink pigeon, and dont get me wrong I do ...but its not much different then other mac lipsticks such a candy yum yum,etc...so to cut this short party parrot is a beautiful coral with reddish tone, and its matte formula but not the drying kind it glides on smoothly, and lasts a good amount of time then leaves a tint to your lips...I would highly recommend you try it♥♥

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by QueenSharon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Party Parrot is the matte version of IMPASSIONED. Only major difference is Impassioned is an amplified and applies more smoothly. Side by side-Party Parrot does appear slightly brighter by a hair but on the lips they look the same. If you already have Impassioned, I don't recommend buying Party Parrot (unless you want to waste your money).
I am an NW44 for reference.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Party Parrot actually reminds me of a retro pink from the late 50's or early 60's, only more intense. MAC describes it as a pink with some red in it. I think all of the lipsticks in this line are beautiful pops of color, but they are more than just average neons or milky pinks that MAC usually releases. This shade should be made permanent. You get more benefits from a MAC matte lipstick than most think. These are full color matte, but you can dab them on and add gloss for a different effect. Because of that versatility they last longer than the other formulas.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Librakitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Party Parrot is another one of the Iris Apfel collection lipsticks. I love this shade!!! It reminds me of a fruit punch color. Not too dark, not too bright, but unique enough to make me love it so. It's a deep pink on my lips. The new matte finish MAC has come up with is great. I usually hate matte lipsticks due to dryness. These new ones rock the house. A must have for any lipstick addicts collection.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by rena10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this and pink pigeon........the bomb on my nc42 skin! nice!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Party Parrot is the sort of color that isn't going to be for absolutely *everyone,* but those who like it, are going to love it!

Party Parrot is *brright,* so if you don't do bright lips, this one's probably not for you.

If you like MAC Impassioned, you'll probably like Party Parrot. In fact, I hesitated to buy Party Parrot, because I'd heard that it's a dupe for Impassioned, which I already own. The two *are* in the same color family, but aren't identical. To my eyes, Party Parrot is a bit brighter, and maybe a touch more coral, less red. Of the two, I prefer Party Parrot by a slight margin, mostly because of its texture. Party Parrot is classified as a matte, but it goes on more like a Satin; not "wet," but not dry, either. It glides on and stays put, but doesn't dry out the lips. A bit of balm underneath isn't a bad idea, though

More To Love pencil is a perfect accompaniment to Party Parrot, and a drop of Love Alert Dazzleglass over all looks beautiful and fresh.

Party Parrot probably isn't an "everyday" shade for most, but it's a fun, face-brightening color that many will enjoy; it will be especially great for spring. I'd happily buy it again, but it's LE, and sold out online. If you like bright lips, get this one if you can!

SAD NOTE: As of March 2012, all Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Estee Lauder, MAC, and Prescriptives items are “will not repurchase” for me, no matter how much I like them. This regrettable situation is the result of the Estee Lauder company’s decision to abandon its ban on animal tests, and contract for such tests in China. As an animal lover/respecter, I will no longer do business with this company’s brands, no matter how otherwise appealing their products are to me.
continued >>