April 19, 2014 | 1759 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Physicians Formula - Hydrating Eye Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Physicians Formula says their Hydrating Eye Cream is a "nutrient rich eye cream" that "provides intense moisture in a lightweight, refreshing gel-cream formula. Diminishes the appearance of dark circles, fine lines, and puffiness in the eye area". After finishing my beloved Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream, I was looking for a more affordable option. I came across Physicians Formula Hydrating Eye Cream, which had similar claims and it was on sale! This eye cream contains .5oz (14ml) and regularly sells for $20. I was luck enough to score this eye cream at Ulta for half price. Physicians Formula is a cruelty free brand that specializes in skincare for sensitive skin. This eye cream was made in America.
Packaging for this eye cream is both interesting and misleading. This eye cream comes in an opaque white bottle. The Physicians Formula logo, product name, and a few claims are written on the bottle in blue lettering. Topped off the bottle is a silver pump with a slanted applicator. Product pumps out through a small hole in the applicator. While I like the idea behind the applicator, I don't use it - it isn't compatible with my eye shape. What makes the packaging misleading? It isn't full. Physicians Formula chose to package this eye cream in a bottle that could hold double the amount of product that's actually in there. The bottom half of the bottle is actually entirely hollow. That kinda irks me, though it's a common packaging tactic. It definitely wouldn't be hard for a consumer to believe they're getting much more than the standard .5 oz.
Physicians Formula Hydrating Eye Cream is a lightweight, white gel-cream. This eye cream takes a couple of minutes to sink in completely. Initially it feels quite cooling and refreshing, but as it sinks it, Physicians Formula's eye cream starts to burn. This eye cream is also very irritating if it comes in direct contact with the eye. Physicians Formula Hydrating Eye Cream is indeed hydrating - it imparts a great amount of moisture without overloading the skin. Physicians Formula claims that their Hydrating Eye Cream will reduce puffiness and dark circles and give an overall younger appearance to the eye area within four weeks. After roughly seven weeks of use I can confirm that that this eye cream does diminish dark circles to a point, but its no where near as effective as Benefit's eye cream was for me. I haven't noticed ~younger~ looking eyes, or lessened puffiness.
Physicians Formula Hydrating Eye Cream is a very basic eye cream option, it moisturizes and that's just about it. I do like that Physicians Formula doesn't make any outrageous claims for their no-frills eye cream. I personally find the formula irritating to my eyes, so I'm going to discontinue use on my eyes and use the rest on any dry patches that pop up. I'm not a fan of the packaging for a few reasons. I won't be repurchasing Physicians Formula Hydrating Eye Cream, now do I recommend it - its potentially irritating and I'm there are cheaper basic eye creams on the market - Physicians Formula offers one called Luxury Eye Cream for only $6. Really, if you want similar results, you can skip out on a special eye cream and just use your regular facial moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First, the product does feel really nice. I used the entire bottle, but my support ended today. I noticed that no product was coming out, so I assumed it was too low for the pump to work. So, I thought I would open it and use a q-tip. Well, I hit the bottom of the bottle without getting past the cotton on the swab! The area of the bottle that contains the product is LESS THAN HALF of the available space. I feel duped. When I made the purchase, I did so because the price was less than all the rest. However, now that I know about the "bottle trick," I realize that I actually lost money. I will never purchase this again--this or anything else from the company.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by brandysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this on super clearance at CVS and wish I'd stocked up on more. In spite of the poor reviews and my sensitive eyes, I've had no problems with this product whatsoever. When first applied, this feels like a lightweight vaseline, but it sinks in quickly. I wouldn't say this is the most hydrating eye cream I've ever used, but it's very adequate for daytime wear under concealer. The nozzle applicator is pretty cool too!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Strawberryblonde3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Despite other reviews I'm perfectly happy with this product. It does sting if it gets in your eyes, but what face product doesn't. I use this under my eyes and on the lids. My main concern was dry flaky skin that was showing up under my eyes, and even making me look like I had some lines. Nothing seemed to help I tried Vaseline and everything, i finally caved and bought this eye cream on sale. No flakes (or lines from dryness), makeup applies smoothly over it, and makes my skin really soft and silky feeling. I've had no adverse reaction and my skin is fairly sensitive. I would repurchase this, despite all the other bad reviews. I think if your main concern is dryness this is a good investment. As for dark circles and aging I'm to young to tell how effective it is for that. I think it's one of those products you see more results over time than instantly.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by carolinelovesbunnies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked this up for free at CVS (store coupon plus brand coupon). I have truly sensitive skin, thin skin under my eyes and my eyes are particularly sensitive. The first two times I used this, I applied it too close to my eyes as this product moves more than other eye cremes I have used. It entered my eyes and made me tear and sting badly. Following those times, I have applied a smaller amount, and only lightly to the orbital bone (as one really should do with any eye treatment, I know). When I do this, it doesn't irritate my eyes. That said, I don't find that this product does much. I don't find it to be hydrating, soothing, puffiness-reducing, or help with my dark undereye circles. I continue to use it to finish it up since I currently don't have another eye creme. I am hoping that it is doing something, but I haven't noticed.

I love many Physician's Formula products (eye liners, powders, etc).... But not this one. I would not recommend at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by suzyq3259

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this eye cream at CVS because it was very inexpensive with an extrabucks coupon...the price of the product: $19.99 and my coupon was $15 off any physicians formula skincare. This is the WORST product I have every used...seriously. After two days of using it I got red irritations...looked like acne..all around my eyes (I place I NEVER break out). The inner corner of my right eye became swollen and red. I'm still waiting for the reaction to clear up. I do not even think I have sensitive skin because I have never had a problem with any eye creams or make up....not even the anti-aging creams. Please do not even try this product! It is not worth it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Note: Many women want different things with eye creams. This is my little note to tell you what I want in mine: Moisturizing & brightening of the under eye area. My review will focus on those two since I don't have other issues.
I will be returning this. I've worn it for two nights in a row and had no ill effects after the first night. Last night was night #2 and I woke up with red dots underneath my left eye (from far away it almost looks like a bruise). Not only that but my under eye area looks like I haven't slept in days (I actually slept very well last night). I'm so disappointed in this because I wanted to love it. I've read positive reviews about the anti-aging one too. I am acne prone just to put that out there for you to know. I've never had this happen with my under eye area before. As for the packaging, it looks like you're getting a lot. In reality what I received was .5oz in what looks like a .7- .8 oz bottle. Someone else mentioned that there's the outside that looks big and the inside, that actually holds the product, is small. The pump to this was pretty bad and took a while to get product out too (also kinda cheep feeling). I'm still on my search for a good eye cream and we shall see if I can find it.