July 31, 2014 | 1084 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by oceanwaves078

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really want to love this product but its hard :/ It applies so easy on my waterline because of the creamy texture and its very black!! But within an hour, it fades and wears off. It gets under my eyes & looks terrible. Sometimes i apply black eyeshadow on top which helps it last a little longer but regardless it will smear eventually. If u have makeup remover & time to reapply then i guess that works lol. Again it looks really nice but the lasting power is meh

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by ds17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I bought this in the color grey and initially was very pleased with my purchase. the formula was smooth and the color was very smokey without being sue dark which was what i was looking for. Ufirtunately this product smears throughout the day especially on the waterline, by the end of the day i would look like a raccoon which is not cute.

The lasting power is not there, and in the winter time the formula changed completely. It was the oddest thing I have seen when it comes to beauty products. From november to april the formula was very stiff, which you might think would at least maek this product stay in place but nope it still bled. Now that we are in the summer months the formula is back to its creamy state. It is just wierd I will be trashing this and looking for a better alternative.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I have Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in Black; other colours include Brown & Grey. It costs $9 at Ulta, but it's on sale for $5. Like it advertises, it does glide easily & the black colour is very intense. If you're new to wearing makeup or just someone who has a little trouble applying eyeliner, I think this is a good starting one because it's creamy & easy to apply. This particular pencil is good whether you like simple thin lines or dramatic thick ones. I like using it to create thin lines & wearing it on my waterline… unfortunately, & I'm not sure if it's my oily/very oily skin, but I find that this just doesn't last long on my eyes. It fades throughout the day, smudges, & runs. Having to stop & reapply makeup is such a big pet peeve of mine—I don't like makeup that doesn't wear long. I'm on my second pencil & nothing I do can seem to make it last, so even though this is one of the best products for clean & super-pigmented lines, I won't be buying another one. If you don't have oily lids, you should check it out though!

Update: I've now read that people with normal skin are also saying that the staying power is no good, so maybe it's not my skin type; I guess it's just the creamy formula

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by gsmaustin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Comes with a great sharpener! Nice dark brown, but wish it came in a lighter brown as well for daytime. Goes on nicely, and a fine line stays put for hours. However, a thick line ends up looking like eyes shadow pretty quickly.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Nancyplayfoot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the size of the pencil. It looks really good as soon as you apply it. I like the price. You get a lot of product for the price. I dislike the staying power. After a few hours this eyeliner is completely gone. It has 0 staying power and for that I won't buy it again

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by crysb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oops! I lost this eyeliner! Just kidding, I threw it away. Yes, this is very black. Yes, you can smoke this out. But what's the point when you can't wear this on a night out without having it smear all over your face?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I got this in a kit in black. It's VERY black and sultry. I love it. It's become one of my favorite liners. Its very soft and easily smoked on the waterline and upper lash-line. I like to tight-line with this pencil because it really gives that look of super full lashes.

I haven't noticed any smudging or smearing. It seems to set after a minute. Gorgeous black and so creamy. I like how the pencil is more chubby and comes very pointed. It's not a self-sharpening pencil though, its a traditional one. Mine came with a sharpener and the False Fiber mascara.

Hard to explain but I like how the tip is very large and you don't need great makeup skills to maneuver the pencil. The tip is described as a "conal kajal tip." When this is smudged out, wow, its very smokey and sexy. Runs about $8.99.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by iheartmakeup01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I loooooove this eyeliner for my waterline ! I know it does not stay all day, but it is so black, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by MoniqueIman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I honestly love this eyeliner . It is pitch black and gives my eyes a very dramatic look! It does not stay in place throughout the day so u will have to clean off mid day and reapply to keep fresh and smudge free but the way it looks is priceless! I don't buy any other eyeliner now. Loyal customer here :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

This is an affordable pencil to use for a smudgy smokey eye. I purchased this in brown to do a chocolate smokey eye. Topped with a chocolate matte eye shadow really makes this last for at least ten hours of wear. I do not apply in my bottom lid as it does smudge heavily in that area. Instead I use a waterproof liner in the waterline then use my pencil brush to smudge the chocolate matte shadow in my lash line. Love it and wish there were more colors to pair up with my brown eyes. Will definitely repurchase.