November 25, 2014 | 1882 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow in Fierce & Tangy

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Yvetteski

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What was I thinking? Perhaps if I were enrolling in clown school this would make a good impression. First the color is garish and unflattering. Who wants shimmer in a matte product? I thought it would go on as a bronze, but it is an ugly orange on my lids. Second, the texture is pasty and hard to apply evenly, unlike other colors in this line. I tried using it as a base for an array of brown shadows with no luck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Interesting!! Orange is definitely in the minority in my collection, other than existing as 1 powder e/s, & in my Coastal Scents Shimmer 88 & BH Neutral 88 palette(s); I admit I have to be in a peculiar state of mind frame to pull off orange, but when I am, it looks surprisingly flattering. My friend intro'd me into orange e/s when I got a Loreal HIP e/s duo (had to toss coz was so old awhile back when I did a mass cull of my collection). Orange is a fun, mostly-overlooked & underestimated e/s color. I wish that Maybelline would come out w a pale peach Color Tattoo (a la MAC Rubenesque), this is darker, "louder," more intense & just a lot different than Rubenesque, there is no comparison. I probably should wear this color more often; it's very flattering on its own with black eyeliner & a frosty champagne lipgloss along with a bit of blush. This, Pomegranate Punk, & Bold Gold are the least used Color Tattoo products in my collection (in that descending order also).

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate to be the wet blanket but this Fierce & Tangy Color Tattoo is a mess. Maybe I just received a bad one of the batch but its awful. I found it to be very, very difficult to spread both over primer and on its own. With various brushes and my fingers I just couldn't get an even application. It was very patchy and sticky. I don't have this problem with the Rich Mahogany Color Tattoo, or my MAC Indianwood Paint Pot. It also felt heavy on my lid. I keep trying to work with it because I've read some positive reviews, but the formula is definitely a miss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I uploaded a photo to show the single layer coverage of this product.

This is a matte orange shade. The texture of the matte Color Tattoo shades is different from the frosty ones, and is slightly more difficult to work with. However, the pigment density is amazing, and if I want a strong orange look, this works perfectly. I also like this shade as a base for any warm eye look. Once this dries it lasts all day.

I don't think this is for everybody, but for those of you who like bold matte colors, you'll love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

This is a fantastic base to use with naked pallete 1 and 2! Love love love maybelline eye tattoos highly pigmented easily blended on the lid amazing staying power great as a base!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Pink_Lotus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm one of the few people that like this eyeshadow. I agree the consistency is a bit paste-like, but to remedy this I apply the color with my fingers and the warmth tends to spread the color on pretty well.

This color looks more like a golden peach on my NC45 complexion. I like this because at my age, I don't want to look like I'm going to a club. But if you want a more intensified look, Makeup Geek's Chicka-dee (pale golden orange) can be used on the lid for a matte look. I tend to use Mac's Texture at the crease with this color and if I want a subtle pow, I'll put Mac's Amber Lights on the lid. Nevertheless, worn alone Fierce & Tangy is a good day color for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by 1magine

I've used cream shadows including MAC "Paint Pots" and Loreal "H.I.P" and they worked great! so I thought this one would be a nice comparison since I have been looking for a highly pigmented coral/orange, well this Maybelline "Eye Tattoo" was very disappointing, I receved the coral/orange one as a gift from my daughter and upon using it, I was intoduced to a non-creamy, hard to apply, sheer, clumpy mess. I thought the color would be bold...NOT! Anyone have any ideas on a good coral/orange color for eyes for the spring/summer season?

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by PinkAfroQueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would not buy this again because - it goes on patchy and it's hard to blend.
I do like the color it's a matte with suttle orange shimmer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Wasn't a fan of this one. This line seems to have 2 different textures/ consistancies to it. This one is a more waxy/fluid consistancy, where as Pomegranate Punk, Bad to the Bronze and some others have a slightly thicker consistancy, moreso like a cream. I prefer the creamier bases. I also didn't care for the color. Orange is not flattering on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't care for this as a shadow on its own, its not really bright enough for me but its FANTASTIC as a base for Sugarpill's Flamepoint e/s. To me these are similar to MACs PP which neither stick around long on my eyes sadly. So as far as repurchase i'll say yes to this one because it does stay long as a base (unlike the others ive tried) & makes my SP look awesome.