April 18, 2014 | 1724 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow in Fierce & Tangy

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate to be the wet blanket but this Fierce & Tangy Color Tattoo is a mess. Maybe I just received a bad one of the batch but its awful. I found it to be very, very difficult to spread both over primer and on its own. With various brushes and my fingers I just couldn't get an even application. It was very patchy and sticky. I don't have this problem with the Rich Mahogany Color Tattoo, or my MAC Indianwood Paint Pot. It also felt heavy on my lid. I keep trying to work with it because I've read some positive reviews, but the formula is definitely a miss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I uploaded a photo to show the single layer coverage of this product.

This is a matte orange shade. The texture of the matte Color Tattoo shades is different from the frosty ones, and is slightly more difficult to work with. However, the pigment density is amazing, and if I want a strong orange look, this works perfectly. I also like this shade as a base for any warm eye look. Once this dries it lasts all day.

I don't think this is for everybody, but for those of you who like bold matte colors, you'll love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

This is a fantastic base to use with naked pallete 1 and 2! Love love love maybelline eye tattoos highly pigmented easily blended on the lid amazing staying power great as a base!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Pink_Lotus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm one of the few people that like this eyeshadow. I agree the consistency is a bit paste-like, but to remedy this I apply the color with my fingers and the warmth tends to spread the color on pretty well.

This color looks more like a golden peach on my NC45 complexion. I like this because at my age, I don't want to look like I'm going to a club. But if you want a more intensified look, Makeup Geek's Chicka-dee (pale golden orange) can be used on the lid for a matte look. I tend to use Mac's Texture at the crease with this color and if I want a subtle pow, I'll put Mac's Amber Lights on the lid. Nevertheless, worn alone Fierce & Tangy is a good day color for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by 1magine

I've used cream shadows including MAC "Paint Pots" and Loreal "H.I.P" and they worked great! so I thought this one would be a nice comparison since I have been looking for a highly pigmented coral/orange, well this Maybelline "Eye Tattoo" was very disappointing, I receved the coral/orange one as a gift from my daughter and upon using it, I was intoduced to a non-creamy, hard to apply, sheer, clumpy mess. I thought the color would be bold...NOT! Anyone have any ideas on a good coral/orange color for eyes for the spring/summer season?

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by PinkAfroQueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would not buy this again because - it goes on patchy and it's hard to blend.
I do like the color it's a matte with suttle orange shimmer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Wasn't a fan of this one. This line seems to have 2 different textures/ consistancies to it. This one is a more waxy/fluid consistancy, where as Pomegranate Punk, Bad to the Bronze and some others have a slightly thicker consistancy, moreso like a cream. I prefer the creamier bases. I also didn't care for the color. Orange is not flattering on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't care for this as a shadow on its own, its not really bright enough for me but its FANTASTIC as a base for Sugarpill's Flamepoint e/s. To me these are similar to MACs PP which neither stick around long on my eyes sadly. So as far as repurchase i'll say yes to this one because it does stay long as a base (unlike the others ive tried) & makes my SP look awesome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the greatest drug store finds ever. You get such great color payoff AND it is really long-lasting. On me none of the Color Tattoo shadows lasts 24 hours, but even on my oily lids they last at least 12. Fierce & Tangy is the perfect summer shade. You can wear it alone with just a black or brown liner, or you can add bronze or dark brown to the crease for a more dramatic look. I don't use any other orange shadow on top of it because I don't find it necessary.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very warm orange - it isn't yellow but leans that way more than toward cooler coral. In the jar it looked like it would have more shimmer, but it's almost matte.
I first tried it in a bit of a sheer wash, but on me the yellowy orange didn't look quite right - it brings out and contrasts with the cooler aspects of my skin tone. So i gave in and covered my lid with a solid opaque coating of Fierce & Tangy just to the crease. Then from the crease up almost to my brow i used Color Tattoo Bad to the Bronze. Finally, just under my brows i used a sheer gold cream shadow i had, also putting some at the inner corners of my eyes and under my lower lashes. So my eyes wouldn't be overwhelmed by the bright solid orange, i made sure to do my brows, tight line my lids, and put on mascara. Then i finished with a soft orangey lipstick.
This color is definitely good for a summery look.