July 30, 2014 | 2048 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - ScandalEyes

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by boogiepimp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is not a good mascara. It claims it will be volumizing but all it does for me is darken and it takes ages to build up mediocre volume, along with clumpage. I have way too many mascaras to be using a bad one. Like one of the reviewers below me said "life is too short to use a bad mascara!" ha...loves it. :) ***also why the hell has Rimmel gotten rid of their older and better mascaras in favour of super-huge jumbo wand ones that do little well except a really good job ad smearing during applications? I hate jumbo wands. No one wants to clean up smudges, possibly ruining freshly applied eyeshadow. What happened to Sexy Curves mascara? It was awesome!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by TiyaFab

It's quite a boring mascara :-( brush is humongous!! (Ya, I know how that sounds lol!) formula is not so bad, but you have to comb your eyelashes about 20 times to removes the clumps, which is so not a good thing! I just like its bottle, but I definitely wouldn't repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by kathrynwatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is so thick and clumpy that it takes ages to correctly apply. I have to use a lash brush every time to get the clumps out. Used it for a week then gave up. Life's too short to use bad mascara.

Edit: So I think I was initially a bit harsh on this mascara. I decided to give it another chance and I'm glad I did. I worked out that because so much product comes out on the brush, I only need to use that "first pump" to apply to both eyes (if that makes sense). Just use less product and it wont clump and carry on. I love how jet black this mascara is and that it doesn't make the lashes feathery - it gives them bold attitude.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Pardonthesparkles

This mascara does absolutely nothing for my lashes. The brush is also too big for my small eyes. Pass for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by harpreetsahi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The worst mascara ever for clumping, you need to spend time and care to ensure the mascara does not clump. Even then, due to the fact the mascara is so wet, my lashes tended to stick together and create a very unappealing effect.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by linzloo22

Note that this review is for the WATERPROOF formula:

One word: awful. Truly the worst mascara I've ever purchased. I usually like Rimmel products a lot. The packaging is great, the price is right and they usually are right on trend. However, this mascara was a major dud for me. Perhaps the regular formula is just fine, but the waterproof is inexcusably bad.

Now for the ugly details. The packaging is a typical drugstore plastic mascara tube and the brush is large and fat. No problems there. The problem is all in the mascara itself. It's just so weird and thin and dare I say, greasy! You could dip a spoolie in used motor oil and get the same results as using this crap! I'm a drugstore makeup junkie and I've never seen anything like it. The mascara doesn't want to stick to you lashes, weighs down any curl, takes forever to dry and doesn't allow you to build coverage with multiple coats. I can't even tell you if it's waterproof or not because I simply had to take it off. Luckily I was going to the beach so I didn't have any shadow or liner on- otherwise I would have been livid!

Honestly, I don't see this working well for anybody. The reviews for the regular formula look fine but steer clear of the waterproof!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by AnnaDavies

I loved the brush on this mascara. It really gave full coverage and fast. Unfortunately, it did clump at times. It was a big tube so it lasted a while. I would buy this again if I was in a rush or if it was on offer.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Darlingjay23

Toooo flaky!!! Pigmentation is awesome and will leave your lashes looking amazing but for the first 3 hours!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by glamzdoll

This is one of my HG mascaras. I use it after coating my eyelashes in "million lash mascara" ((by l'Oreal maybe ??). After it dries i re curl my eyelashes (mine don't break by doing this) and apply Rimmel. Let me say this process makes my lashes look fake. The l'oreal mascara gives length, rimmel gives volume.

** I read the review about this mascara being "too watery and not coating the lashes." TRUE, but NOT true. I noticed that problem with the "waterproof version" i hate it, the regular mascara is thick enough and coats A LOT. So yeah, hope this helps...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by marbi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is AMAZING.

I usually do not like drugstore products, but this mascara is awsome.
It's volumizing and not clumpy at all.

I bought it at a drugstore for 6 dollars, which is awsome. It reminds me of Dior Show.