January 26, 2015 | 1353 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - ScandalEyes

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2015 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Danielle312

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is officially the first tube of mascara that I have EVER thrown into the trash that was still fairly new! Rimmel is in my top three favorite mascara brands, so I tossed the receipt thinking I wouldn't have any problems. I tried working with it for two weeks! The brush was the problem. Normally large brushes are a good thing when you want full and thick lashes - Not this one! Lol! It was too big and too hard to maneuver.

It made my lashes a mess. It can be best described as somewhere between A Clockwork Orange and not wearing waterproof mascara in the pool kinda lashes! Using a lash/brow groomer made them bearable for the day. The formula was fine as always. In an act of desperation before I decided to just toss it out... I actually tried to use it with the brush from a tube of Maybelline that was around the same size and nearly empty... Putting on mascara should never cause that much of a hassle.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2015 4:48:00 AM More reviews by rinjobs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is one of the only ones that actually make my eyelashes visible. I am asian with stumpy little invisible eyelashes that point outwards rather than upwards. Not sure how other people/reviewers are applying this mascara but it sounds like nobody knows how to apply mascara properly if they're getting it all over their eyes. That actually can happen with every mascara and if people are getting it everywhere time and time again well... time to rethink how careful they are perhaps?

It does wear off after a while, and in photos (for me) it looks like I'm not wearing any mascara but I assume it's because my eyelashes are so naturally short and thin. This mascara is lengthening, volumising and I recommend this product to those who are able to apply mascara in a non-2-year-old fashion :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2015 3:15:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Got the waterproof version, did not stand the test of time. Curl did not hold, which is a standard I hold to all good waterproof formulas. Saw this brush and thought..bigger brush, bigger lashes. Nope, more like bigger mess.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by pazra17

makes the lashes look amazing. BUT the brush is so massive that a mess free application is not possible. not for me anyway. if you can be bothered to clean up around your eyes after every application its a great mascara. pricey though if thats the case

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2014 2:58:00 AM More reviews by asideofladies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The first waterproof mascara I tried in order to prevent smudging. It's definitely waterproof, but that's about all that it's got going on. At first I noticed it made my lashes nice and curled, but I've had it for a few weeks now and it doesn't seem to be the same. Mostly just annoying to use, plus the brush is too big and gets a lot of excess product on the end.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by katyjanee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Easily one of the worst mascaras I've ever used and it genuinely makes me angry that I even purchased this - the wand is way too big and an absolute nightmare to work with, it doesn't hold a curl and the mascara just doesn't sit nice on the lashes whatsoever.
Complete waste of money and time, such a shame as Rimmel have some quite good mascaras like the Lash Accelerate and this is just poor.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by gemzgale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of the worst mascaras I've ever bought. It says its water proof but it 100% isn't. It cant even stay on for a few hours,

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by BunnyBooxx

Worst mistake buying this ! First I didn't like the brush it wasn't curved and was way too big ! The Formula was very dry and when I would dip the brush in big clumps would come out all over it. I applied the mascara and the lashes stuck together and clumps were left on my eyelashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by kandi28

This worked really well for me. I hv barely any lashes an after applying this I had lenght and volume. This is second in line after clinique mascaras for me. I dint kno y ppl r giving this a negative review cuz honestly its all abt how u apply mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Beauty007007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

only thing about its name is its a scandal for your money. its too messy, and at the end of the night you will end.up with raccoon eyes.