April 17, 2014 | 1836 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - colorstay cream gel eyeliner in black

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by MapleBlossom2

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner! I use it over Too Faced Shadow Insurance primer, and it's the only eyeliner which lasts all day on me, retaining its sharp, black line. The packaging is slightly complicated, with a brush that unscrews from the lid and a lid that unscrews from the gel container, but I dab-dab-dab the brush in, get it to the right thickness by testing on my hand, and apply. It takes several dabs to do each eye, because the consistency is thick and the brush is thick and heavy, but the tip is malleable so I can form it into the right shape. After applying, I wipe it off with a wet tissue and it is ready for the next use. It has never flaked or irritated my eyes. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging is mere genius, so that I gave it a (minus 1 lippie as it was a little loose, the upper "wand"). The formula made my upper left eye LID burn a little for about 10min. I am alright with eyeliners on my lids as I've been doing that 1960's cat eye look (but with a more thinner line) since the mid 90's (when I was a teen) but for the life of me, I could NOT seem to manage a thinner line with Revs Clr Stay. It is great for thicker lining though. The black was not the blackest I require (for my brownish / tanny skin as I am part East Indian), so that took it down a notch / lippie as well. As for the removal, UGH I near used up 3 eye make up remover pads just to get it off, so I guess for those who like Waterproof...by all means! :)

UP DATE: I actually decided I will re purchase. Yes, it burned my upper left eye lid a little however, I like it for my waterline (I hope it is ok to put gel there as I've only used eye liner pencils on h2o line)...but it stayed put unlike pencils...It did not irritate that area, so I gave it an extra lippie and glad that I do not have to throw away something that in Toronto cost almost $15.00 including all the taxes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

Purchased on a whim while at the grocery store, they were offering a coupon for $2.50 off so I paid less than $5 bucks...don't feel it was even worth that! The consistency is bad, almost thin like and it takes a couple of coats to get a true black line since the gel is transparent. The gel takes about a minute to set so God forbid you should have to blink before it sets because it gets all over your face if you do. Granted it is DS make-up so I wasn't expecting much, but still disappointed. Bad quality...bad product.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by chengyau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Are you kidding me? Revlon should stop selling thus product. Worse eyeliner ever! I do not have sensitive skin but this stuff got my eyes burned after ten minutes of having the product on my lids. The consistency is terrible. It doesn't glide easily. It's not black enough. And this should cost only Rm5 not Rm40.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have repurchased this three times. This stuff makes a perfect jet black line. The brush is ok once I got used to it. I have worn this for 20 hours straight once and it didn't budge....even in the Arizona heat. I would recommend this to anyone that wants long lasting solid black liner.

Based on the other reviews, I don't think most people here are holding the brush right. If you want a thin line, you have to hold the brush with the thin side perpendicular to the lash line. If you want it thicker, hold the thick side perpendicular to the lash line. If you want a thin line that is winged out, hold the thin side perpendicular to the lash line then slightly turn it to the thick side as you are sweeping it to the outer edge of your eye. Really, once you get used to the brush, you'll be glad you did because you won't be ruining a liner brush with this product. Plus you get a new brush with each pot. Each pot lasts me about two months. It would last me longer, but it starts to dry out at that time. That's ok with me because eye products really need to be replaced periodically.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by whatme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smudges way too easily.
Applicator brush is too fat (I agree with other commentors)
This was down my face by the end of the night.
YUK.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by kngfrank

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was not what I was hoping for in a gel liner. The brush is too fat, the gel is too dry to work with. The color is too sheer and it's sparkly, which I wasn't expecting. It did stay in place on my upper lashline without transfering to my browbone like so many eyeliners do, but I'm still returning it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by ladlaw

fine...for less than a month...drys out and is useless...save your money

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by makeupalias

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Don't Do It!
I bought this on a whim out of desperation because my Blacktrack Fluidline had dried out and I couldn't get to a M.A.C. for that weekend. It was terrible! Gummy, thick and did not apply well. I tried with the applicator it came with (way to fat and thick) and with a few differnent great liner brushes a few other times. If you go over it, it lifts the line you've already laid down. Ladies, skip this one...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The most bestesta nd longest product Revlon colorstay has ever made, after this was advertised in cosmopolitan the magzine, I baught this the very next day, and this black gek works, for 24 hours, like it promises and gurantees, I love this. It works well and it looks great on me the deep dark bold blacks colours to bring out my blue eyes