October 22, 2014 | 1380 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - colorstay cream gel eye liner in plum

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by lrlr

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The packaging is ridiculously hard to open and put together, for one thing. Once you get the packaging open, the Plum color is lovely. However, this eyeliner has more sparkly bits in it than a 4th of July sparkler. The sparkles get absolutely all over your entire face and are extremely difficult to remove. You can't just wipe them off. You need to really scrub your entire face after a round with this eyeliner.

If you want a pretty purple color and masses of sparkles all over your face, this is your product.

If you are looking for a good, matte purple eyeliner, look elsewhere. I would recommend Maybelline gel or Loreal gel eyeliners instead, though Maybelline's plum is drab and Loreal doesn't even make that color.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 7:46:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

This is an overwhelmingly glittery (not shimmery, there are huge chunks of glitter in it) gel eyeliner which feels dry to the touch and not creamy like I expected. This was very difficult to apply evenly and even though I am not an expert with gel eyeliner this was awful and looked so amateur when applied. The color is not what I would call plum but a cool toned purple (plum to me means a purple with red tones, or more of an eggplant color). Color payoff was difficult and I really had to layer this on.

Definitely would not purchase this again in this or any other color. Packaging is flawed also as the brush will not remain in the cap and instead falls out all the time getting product from the brush over everything in my makeup bag. Waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was gritty feeling, did not apply smooth, was not very pigmented and flaked off during the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by KarlieSA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product was not the easiest for me to work with and took some practice getting use to the gel. I love this plum color it is so pretty and has a light shimmer to it. Great winter color. The color was buildable and the lasting power was good. These liners do not smudge or budge. I love the colors

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by PrettyInPink17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is great, it honestly lasts all day, and it is really creamy. The brush gets really dry after not using it for a while if you do not remove the excess liner after applying it. The colour is really gorgeous and it makes hazel, brown and green eyes really pop. I have repurchased this in brown and it also works really well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for Revlon's version of a creme/gel eyeliner. The texture is smooth and creamy and blends easily. But...it has no pigmentation at all. I had to use 3 coats to get this plum shade to show up. It did not wear like other creme/gel eyeliners I have used from MAC, Bobbi Brown, Tarte, even L'oreal and Maybelline performed much better.

Will not try any others.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by jasiah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the color and it lasts all day long.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

I'm a sucker for purple and I love Revlon they usually have some great products so naturally I thought this would be great, which its ok but the color is horrible and formula is dry. In the ink well its this gorgeous purple when you put it on its very dark almost black(for that I'll wear my black liner). The inkwell is so tiny its hard to tell how much product you get on the brush which it comes with its so tiny and cute, perfect for travel. The formula is very dry I had to dip my brush several times (about 5) which is ridiculous when it's brand new and I don't have forever to get ready in the morning. All and all I was very disappointed and wouldn't repurchase im going to use it until it runs out and call it a day.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by fygstone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product hoping it would be a dupe for Bobbi Brown Violet Ink Gel Eyeliner. In the store it looked like a perfect match, but upon opening the package it appeared silvery purple. I decided to try it anyway, because you never know and I could always return it.
The packing is inspired; this would be the perfect item to keep in your make up bag. Except for the fact that the actual pot of eyeliner is tiny, the opening where you dip the brush is quite small and it is difficult to gauge how much product is getting on the brush.
I also found that I had to layer on the product to get the color to show and the result was a very ashy light purple on my skintone (I use golden to dark foundations and TM in the Bobbi Brown line). The texture was very smooth, medium dry and the brush did not tug on my skin. I can't comment on lasting power as I was disappointed in the color result and immediately washed it off.
This is a good product if you are new to gel eyeliner or need something to keep in your office makeup bag, no need for separate brush! The only reason I would not repurchase is because it was not a color match for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

colorstay cream gel liner by revlon in plum is a plum-purple eye liner.it is smooth on the application,last long on me,creamy,brings a nice plummy-purple color to the eyes.it's got silver shimmers,it doesn't dry too fast,you need to apply two coat to have a good color pay off.the brush works ok,i prefer the maybelline one that came with their gel liners! All in all it's a verry good gel liner that you have to do two coats and it doesn't smudge or crease! Love it!