L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Isododecane, Alcohol Denat, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Ethyhexyl Hydroxystearate, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Nylon-12 --- may contain (CI 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

The consistency is runnier than I expected, but it applies evenly. Doesn't help your makeup last much longer, but does give a nice glow. Having oily skin I can only wear this on days when it's not too hot and I won't be wearing makeup for more than 6-8 hours before it starts to breakdown in lines.

on 3/31/2015 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

a wonderful drugstore version of my favorite primer ever, the Laura Mercier Radiance Primer. the magic lumi has more of a silvery sheen to it while the laura mercier one is golden, but they're still very similar. i really like this primer, honestly! it doesn't seem to do much for wear time but it definitely gives your skin a nice dewy glow that makes any foundation look awesome on top of it. i heard on youtube reviews that it was very runny for a primer but when i used it, it didn't seem any runnier than any other primer i've used before. personally, i think this is a great option for a primer if you're a fan of a glowing look.

on 3/30/2015 9:14:00 AM

I don't really care for dewy skin as an every day look, and this is all it does for me. I just feel kind of greasy and weird when I wear this, but I guess if I just use translucent powder on my t-zone I can use this with a light bb cream in the summer

on 3/6/2015 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i love this product, i bought it because i have very dull looking skin during winter and heard some great things about it, initially i thought it would look glittery on the skin and wouldn't look natural at all! BUTT when i tried it i loved the results, leaves my skin looking fresh and lumi.

on 2/26/2015 4:23:00 PM

I saw reviews and many YOUTUBE beauty Gurus use this product and said how amazing it was. The cost initially wasn't very cheap, it was around the $12 CAD range, quite expensive for this small bottle. You have to shake it well since the product seems to separate. I found this not to be used as a primer as it says, it leaves a white cast around your face. But the best way to use it is to mix a tiny bit with your foundation before applying, of lighting blending it into areas that need to be highlighted. Used those ways, you have a beautiful glow. The product itself is quite oily, and shiny, has to be used in small doses. The packaging is kind of cheap looking and I didn't really like it ... I'll probably finish what's left of mine, but I won't be purchasing again.

on 2/3/2015 11:47:00 AM

This actually made me start breaking out after a week of doing what I was doing. ):

on 1/8/2015 10:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This was not for me, I thought primer as in something similar to the Maybeline Baby Skin Or Porefessional...not even close. This is not a silicone based primer so it is substantially different. The consistency of this was not my favorite. Its like a thin moisturizer with some shimmer to it, not glitter just a sheen. I found with my skin, combination to oily it just didn't work for me. Packaging is adorable. But as a primer, i just didnt care for it. Now for a highlighter it is beautiful. I'm very fair and thus gives just a slight glow. Looks very nice over set foundation.

on 12/31/2014 1:12:00 PM

I have to admit, I had no idea how to use this. I wanted a primer but I didn't want something silicone-y, with my dry-combo skin they just don't work. I first tested it and saw the pearly sheen and was immediately turned off. I hate glitter and sparkle on anything but my eyes, so I totally regretted my purchase and tossed it in my makeup drawer.

Eventually I started using it as just a highlighter, which turned out quite nice. It was one of the final step in the routine, above cheeks, on the bridge of my nose. Then one day, I thought why the hell not put it all over my face and use it for its intended purpose. I was feeling adventurous that day. So moisturizer, sunscreen, magic lumi primer, foundation... Seriously, WHOA! It gave me that inner light glow thing that I thought all magazines were lying to me about. Freaking amazing. I don't see any of the sparkles I thought I was going to see, its just that soft dewiness.

I now regret using this as only a highlighter for so long. I use it every time I use bb cream or foundation. I don't think its a make your foundation stay forever type of primer, it more like a prime my skin to so that its not dull and dead-looking.

I now use the method moisturizer> sunscreen> magic lumi primer> powder> very small amount of foundation and concealer. Its like perfect for that no-makeup makeup look. I only use a bit and dot around the areas I want to "glow" which is pretty much all over. I have a bit tanner skin (nc30), so maybe that helps.

on 12/30/2014 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product looks lovely makes the skin glow

on 12/22/2014 2:43:00 PM

I'm VERY much on the fend about this product. I enjoy it. It's pretty. But for the price? No. It doesn't make my makeup last longer but it does give a nice glow. I like the packaging if that counts?? But I think the only reason I would buy this again is if I saw it on a crazy special.