April 23, 2014 | 1468 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Magic Lumi - Light Infusing Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

What people aren't understand is that this Primer is NOT MEANT to make your foundation last for 12 hours a day. It's not meant for that...it's called MAGIC LUMI. It's meant to make your makeup luminous and glowy, it doesn't claim to make your makeup last a ridiculous amount of time. With that being said, it does give beautiful results. I pat this into my skin before I apply foundation and it makes my skin look so healthy. I've been suffering from dry patches because of a medical condition I have and this stuff makes my makeup look so much better! No more dry or ashy looking makeup. It did not make my face look oily or greasy, just very healthy. Because it doesnt claim to make your makeup last longer I do use a setting spray to secure everything in. It hasnt broken me out or caused any bad reactions. I love how glowy and healthy my skin looks with this. Also the packaging is so cute and has a little pump which is so convenient and clean! The price is a little expensive, its about 13 dollars but I'm willing to spend the money because it works very well. Also easy to find at walmart, ulta, target, rite-aid, walgreens and I got mine at CVS. All in all this is fantastic if you do your research and use it the right way. it does what it claims to do.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by pattishuffle

I decided to buy this product because it went on sale for $5 in my local target.

When I first used it, it didn't make my make-up last that long. To me it's more of a highlighter than a primer. I tried mixing it with my foundation but still the same result. I recently started mixing it with my BB cream (Garnier) since the weather has been really good for the past few days. When I first putting it on my face, I really liked how it looked but after 4-5 hours, my face started to look really oily and that's with the primer. I never had problems using the BB cream alone.

Now I just use it on top of my cheeks as a highlighter because I do like how it looked as a highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since I have oily skin, I would have never thought to purchase this product on my own. I was reading reviews of Benefit's the Porefessional, when I came across tallulahlm's review of that product. She mentioned that using both of these primers in conjuct would up the ante and give you a great finish.

This is what she wrote (I wish I could just link, but I gave her credit!):

"Extra tip: use this, apply Loreal Magic Lumi primer, set face with the teensiest amount of translucent powder and THEN go in with your foundation. You will use far less of the latter, and your skin will look cake-free, pore-free, oil-free and totally flawless all day. Thank me later."

Well, her advice is LEGIT. Used in that way, you will definitely achieve the great results she mentions. It's perfect for events and going out but a bit too much work for my everyday routine, so I literally just use the Magi Lumi all over my face (including pore-y hotspots like my chin and inner cheeks by my nose, but not ON my nose) and apply my foundation over it. I also use it as a straighforward highlighter after I finish the rest of my makeup. It blurs imperfections somewhat, but the benefits lie more in improving the staying power of my makeup and imparting a seriously nice glow. It doesn't make me look oily at all, and while my late afternoon shininess still breaks through (nothing will ever stop it) there is still an overall satiny quality that makes the effect dewy instead of greasy.

It feels great on, due to the water-based formula, and hasn't broken me out. I really recommend it and try it with your fave non-glittery primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by tallulahlm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to swear by Chanel Soleil de Tan when it came to illuminating primers or to add luminosity to my foundation, but this product blew it out of the water. Not only is this far more affordable, but I prefer the texture and color; it is creamier than Soleil de Tan, which is more water-based (if you get the liquid form, rather than the cream), and a lustrous pearl colour rather than a tinted orange-gold. As such, I find it more appropriate for those with oily skin, who are prone to breakouts and more fitting for all skin shades. I also find that it glows through foundation better than Soleil de Tan, which one woman at a Chanel counter recommended I use exclusively on the tops of my cheeks over my foundation - I want to glow from within, lady!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I really like this primer. I had a $3.50 off coupon from Ulta and decided to use it on this. I read some positive reviews online about this primer, and decided to try it. I've tried so many primers, and very few of them actually work for me.

I really like the texture of this primer. It's not too runny and not too thick. It has a slight shimmer to it. It is easy to apply and absorbs almost instantly. It give me a nice, smooth base for my foundation. A little goes a long way. One pump is enough to cover my entire face. This primer gives you a nice glow when you wear it under foundation, but it's not overpowering. It's just a hint. I think this tube will last quite a while. I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

I also have a suggestion for people who say that this foundation separates. Try shaking it before you use it. It says right on the back of the tube "shake well before using" So that will probably help take care of the problem. I highly recommend this primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by kasabourin

PROS : very nice consistency , illuminates the skin, gives it a nice glow, feels moisturizing , makes applying foundation easier and smoother , packaging and pump and good. 'Pearly' appearance. CONS: at first the product pumps out what looks and feels like water. So its pretty useless in the beginning . Probably wastes a lot of the product too. Im hoping this water/oil isn't supposed to be mixed in with the primer cause it does separate .

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by knbruice

This product seriously works as an amazing primer, luminiferous, highlighter, even mixed into lipgloss it looks amazing. I have found so many uses for this product and it adds a much needed glow to my dry skin. You can use it underneath, mixed in or overtop your foundation. If you use it underneath as just a primer, be aware that you will NOT be matte at the end of the day. I like to use this mixed in my foundation with a seperate different primer underneath. Keeps me glowy but not shiny. Anyways this product is so pretty and pearly, you can even dab a little bit over top of your lip color for a shine, or use it as a liquid face highlighter (like HighBeam by Benefit) overall an amazing versatile product perfect for spring and summer!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by linwild

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product, but not as a primer. Based on advice from Jen (frmheadtotoe), I use Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel as a primer; it's cheap and works beautifully. This product works as a beautiful and subtle highlighter. Others have complained that you can barely see it, but that's what I like about it. There's no glitter or obvious shimmer; it doesn't scream "makeup!!!" or look tacky. If you want a stronger effect, you can use more of it and build it up. My only complaint is that it sometimes comes out of the pump separated. I may decant it into a small eye drops bottle so I can shake it up and squeeze out a few homogenized drops at a time. I have dry sensitive skin, and this doesn't bother me at all. Overall, this is my favorite highlighter ever, and I will continue buying it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by thatasianchick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for a little over two months because I keep switching back over to Smashbox photo-finish primer on some days. This product is very liquid-y and dries quickly, so I keep pumping to cover my entire face. I use about 3-4 pumps. It's really runny, and it doesn't seem to keep my makeup on for any longer than 3 hours. It is good as a highlighter or even under your under-eye concealer to brighten your face. Otherwise, I wouldn't use it all over my face. It makes me oily too. And at the end of the day, my face feels harsh/rough/uneven from it. I will definitely not repurchase. Maybe I try Hourglass primer next...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by NicoleM96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do have oily skin so a highlighting primer made me a bit wary, but I herd good reviews so I bought it. Honeslty I love this! I like that its water based because that seems to help my makeup blend in better on me then silicone based primers. It didnt make my skin look more oily, but rather a nice dewy appearance. I did notice my makeup looked nicer and stayed on longer with the primer. 13 dollars is a little expensive for a drugstore primer but it was worth it for me. The bottle seems small but it seems like its a never ending product becuase I feel like I use it all the time and I still havnt run out yet! This is a great drugstore product