January 30, 2015 | 975 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2015 10:02:00 PM More reviews by katellnxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This was not for me, I thought primer as in something similar to the Maybeline Baby Skin Or Porefessional...not even close. This is not a silicone based primer so it is substantially different. The consistency of this was not my favorite. Its like a thin moisturizer with some shimmer to it, not glitter just a sheen. I found with my skin, combination to oily it just didn't work for me. Packaging is adorable. But as a primer, i just didnt care for it. Now for a highlighter it is beautiful. I'm very fair and thus gives just a slight glow. Looks very nice over set foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by naj123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have to admit, I had no idea how to use this. I wanted a primer but I didn't want something silicone-y, with my dry-combo skin they just don't work. I first tested it and saw the pearly sheen and was immediately turned off. I hate glitter and sparkle on anything but my eyes, so I totally regretted my purchase and tossed it in my makeup drawer.

Eventually I started using it as just a highlighter, which turned out quite nice. It was one of the final step in the routine, above cheeks, on the bridge of my nose. Then one day, I thought why the hell not put it all over my face and use it for its intended purpose. I was feeling adventurous that day. So moisturizer, sunscreen, magic lumi primer, foundation... Seriously, WHOA! It gave me that inner light glow thing that I thought all magazines were lying to me about. Freaking amazing. I don't see any of the sparkles I thought I was going to see, its just that soft dewiness.

I now regret using this as only a highlighter for so long. I use it every time I use bb cream or foundation. I don't think its a make your foundation stay forever type of primer, it more like a prime my skin to so that its not dull and dead-looking.

I now use the method moisturizer> sunscreen> magic lumi primer> powder> very small amount of foundation and concealer. Its like perfect for that no-makeup makeup look. I only use a bit and dot around the areas I want to "glow" which is pretty much all over. I have a bit tanner skin (nc30), so maybe that helps.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by lalalovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product looks lovely makes the skin glow

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by sabs16

I'm VERY much on the fend about this product. I enjoy it. It's pretty. But for the price? No. It doesn't make my makeup last longer but it does give a nice glow. I like the packaging if that counts?? But I think the only reason I would buy this again is if I saw it on a crazy special.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Leslie29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Loved this a lot more then I thought I would. I apply a thin layer over my moisturizer, then apply BB cream with a damp makeup sponge. After my blush, I also dab on a tiny bit in the apple of my cheek. My skin looks dewy, youthful and glowy. This hadn't made me break out either, which is a huge plus. I think thus would look too metallic if used as a stand alone product....but under BB cream or foundation, it's pure gold.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Behemath

Ok so first of all I don't use this product as a primer. I tried using it at first as a primer, and it didn't really do anything for me. Since, I've started mixing it with my liquid foundation, and it looks soooo good on my skin! I don't think I could ever go back to wearing foundation without having mixed it with this beforehand. It just makes my skin look so glowy and lovely and healthy, and just the opposite of cakey. It's also the first time I've ever been able to achieve the 'dewy' look without looking plain sweaty and gross. It's pretty cheap too, so you should definitely give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by mkr7654321

this really makes your face look alive, which is great when you're tired and looking dull. it also makes my makeup go on smoothly, so it does it's job. i like the packaging and it's a good price so i definitely recommend it! you really have to shake it when you first get it though because at first it's separated and you just get liquid. don't give up though, just shake it like crazy. after the first couple times, i never needed to shake it again. it's lasted like 6 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by blondeattack

I stumbled across this when looking for a highlighter and was pleasantly surprised when it told me it was a primer!
This primer was amazing. I applied in the morning using one small pump from the relatively small bottle and it covered my whole face (do not overload this product onto you face thinking you haven't covered your face, trust me, you have!!). My face looked glowing and i was tempted to wear just the primer outside.
With my LORAC foundation ontop, the primer still shined through subtley around the places where highlight is needed (e.g my chin, forehead and cheekbones) however, the priming aspect of this product was average. my foundation only lasted for a little bit longer than normal. As a highlighter, this is a good product!

I wouldn't suggest for super super oily skin however unless you matte down your entire face afterward as it did shine up the few cystic spots i had.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Marcella18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product gives a lovely dewy glow and is perfect to apply before foundation. It has a light shine finish and keeps make up in place. Is is more ideal of dry or combination skin as it also feels quite moisturising. It was ideal for me because I have dull pale and dry skin. I would definitely buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by nolamama10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Didn't really do anything for me. Didn't keep my makeup on, didn't make it fall off either. Meh.