Estee Lauder DayWear BB Anti-Oxidant Beauty Benefit Creme SPF 35

3.5

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS OCTINOXATE 7.50% � OCTISALATE 4.00% � OXYBENZONE 2.50% � TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.10% INGREDIENTS WATER � DIMETHICONE � BUTYLENE GLYCOL � PENTYLENE GLYCOL � PHENYL TRIMETHICONE � GLYCERYL STEARATE � BEHENYL ALCOHOL � TRIOCTYLDODECYL CITRATE � POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE � OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE � PEG-40 STEARATE � POLYGLYCERYL-10 PENTASTEARATE � GENTIANA LUTEA (GENTIAN) ROOT EXTRACT � POLYGONUM CUSPIDATUM ROOT EXTRACT � THERMUS THERMOPHILLUS FERMENT � HORDEUM VULGARE (BARLEY) EXTRACT\EXTRAIT D'ORGE � FUMARIA OFFICINALIS FLOWER/LEAF/STEM EXTRACT � CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) FRUIT EXTRACT � HYDROLYZED RICE BRAN EXTRACT � LAMINARIA SACCHARINA EXTRACT � HYDROLYZED RICE EXTRACT � ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT � ARTEMIA EXTRACT � VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED EXTRACT � TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM EXTRACT � CHOLESTEROL � CAFFEINE � PROPY LENE GLYCOL STEARATE � OCTYLDODECYL NEOPENTANOATE � POLYGLYCERYL-6 POLYRICINOLEATE � TOCOPHERYL ACETATE � SUCROSE � GLYCERINE � SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE � LINOLEIC ACID � LECITHIN � SQUALANE � SODIUM PCA � UREA � ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE � ERGOTHIONEINE � SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE � TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE � POLYSORBATE 20 � SORBITAN LAURATE � SODIUM HYALURONATE � CITRIC ACID � PROPYLENE GLYCOL LAURATE � GLYCYRRHETINIC ACID � TREHALOSE � POLYQUATERNIUM-51 � HYDROGENATED LECITHIN � FUMARIC ACID � ALUMINA � PALMITOYL HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM AMYLOPECTIN/GLYCERIN CROSSPOLYMER � AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/VP COPOLYMER � CYCLODEXTRIN � NORDIHYDROGUAIARETIC ACID � ASCORBYL TOCOPHERYL MALEATE � XANTHAN GUM � STEARIC ACID � SILICA � FRAGRANCE � ETHYLBISIMINOMETHYLGUAIACOL MANGANESE CHLORIDE � PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE � DISODIUM EDTA � PHENOXYETHANOL � CHLORPHENESIN � [ /- TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) � ZINC OXIDE (CI 77947) � IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) � YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140) � CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288) � MICA � FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510) � CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289) � CARMINE (CI 75470) � BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163) � BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090)]

on 5/17/2015 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I didn't actually purchase this - my mother passed it along to me because it was too fair for her (she got it from a gift set in the shade 01 Light). I'm around a NC20 and it blends in pretty well with my skin. It's definitely not pink-toned like the EL CyberWhite Brilliant Cells Extra Intensive BB Creme which I was previously using, so that's a plus. I'm also a fan of the fact that it's SPF 35 because we get a lot of sun where I live and I don't like applying sunscreen as an extra step.

Right off the bat, I really liked the scent of it. It's cucumber-scented and some might find it overpowering, but once on the face, I don't smell it anymore. It just smells... clean? LOL.
Coverage is medium and because this is not a particularly mattifying BB cream, I typically wear this with Revlon's Photoready powder on top to keep my face from becoming a giant oil slick in the humid weather we have here. I don't think this is very drying but it can pick up slightly where my skin is drier (i.e my forehead and the sides of my nose).

Overall, I like it but I think I'll be on the hunt for a new BB cream once I finish the tube or it goes bad, whichever happens first. My reason for not repurchasing is because it retails for around $60 here... for a 1oz tube! Granted it's not like you need a massive amount of this but there are definitely more cost-effective BB creams out there.

on 11/19/2014 3:31:00 PM

I absolutely hated this bb cream, i had great expectations from this brand, this cream gave me a lot of pimples, and i followed up by ester lauder perfectly clean face wash and it just didn't work for me,, i will never buy anything from ester lauder

on 11/2/2014 5:05:00 PM

I tried a sample of this, together with a sample of estee lauder eye cream. This bb cream stings my eyes, not immediately, but like 1/2 hour after applying it. I use it on top of the sample estee lauder eye cream. After a while, the bb cream seems to slowly "flow" into my eyes, and I have to wash it off. I tried the eye cream alone; no problem with the eye cream. I think I can't be the only one with this problem...

on 10/12/2014 6:20:00 AM

*UPDATE: Having worn this several times now (and there's still plenty left in the little sample tube!), I have to conclude I don't like it. The reason is that it looks obvious on skin, the way foundation does, but if I want to look like I'm wearing foundation, I'll wear foundation and I'll get a much lovelier finish. I'm having to sheer this product out so much, the sunscreen benefits are practically lost. So, for a sheer tinted sunscreen, Paula's Choice beats EL hands-down.*
I have tried a sample, and this is a comparison to my usual tinted moisturiser (Paula's Choice sheer matte tint SPF30). Generally I think western BB creams are actually just tinted moisturisers, at least I can't tell the difference (though not having tried any Korean BB products).
In texture EL is thicker than BB, but the coverage is about the same. The finish of EL is more matte. The feel is also drier; I would not be able to use this product as a stand-alone on my combination skin, it definitely needs a moisturiser underneath. The shades are similar: shade 1 in EL and light/medium ("sheer ivory") in PC. PC goes on a bit paler, and EL has a pinker undertone in the tube, but once on the difference is slight. EL is scented, PC is not.
Now, the SPF - the main reason for me to use these products! EL has SPF 35 broad-spectrum though only 1.1% titanium oxide (UVA protection). It's all right, but I prefer the PC SPF 30 which is all-physical (5% TiO and 5% ZO). Also the thick texture of EL means I rubbed it in a bit, which could weaken the sun protection.
Price: here in Belgium the EL product costs around 35 euros, maybe more. PC costs 20 plus p&p.
Verdict - EL is not a bad product, but not good enough to make me change from my trusty PC. If you have oily skin you might like the EL with its fairly dry texture and finish.

on 10/3/2014 7:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is not a BB cream, but a tinted moisturizer. Nevertheless, this is a decent product with a decent coverage, and a decent staying power. The coverage is light to medium, but what can one expect from a tinted moisturizer? It is easy to apply, it has a pleasant fragrance (I generally dislike scented makeup and skincare products), and it is pretty weightless on the face. I have the shade "light", which is the lightest shade. It is a little bit too dark for my liking, but it still works, and I like this "BB cream".

on 9/30/2014 4:55:00 PM

There's hardly any coverage. I would call it a tinted moisturizer but there's no moisturizing involved. If you do decide to buy it, don't use it with a beauty blender you'll waste half your product in one use. It broke my skin out and I hardly get blemishes. Upsides: It smells fresh and the bottle is appealing. Sticking to regular foundations from now on.

I was looking for a BB cream with high SPF to replace my Dior Nude BB cream, which I love (but has SPF 10). If found it to be too thick and hard to apply for my skin + it looked a bit orange on me (despite having the lighter shade). Will use up, but will not repurchase. I will stick with my trusty Dior BB cream.

on 7/30/2014 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I don't like it as much as the Cyber White BB cream SPF35 in old formular. It is very creamy and difficult to blend with fingers (don't have time to use brush or beauty blender etc). The coverage is quite good tho. I got the lighter shade, which looks nice right after application, but turned to a yellowish color after a while.

on 7/23/2014 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This bb cream was so expensive it cost $70 here in New Zealand. that is the only negative for me so I wouldn't buy it because of the price.

But this is a really heavy coverage bb cream even when I use like 4 drops of it. It spreads really nicely and the great thing is that it matches my skin tone perfectly. You don't need as much of the product like you would for Maybelline or garnier to make it cover like a foundation. if you have acne scars or uneven skin then this would be perfect for you.

on 7/9/2014 6:29:00 PM

Love this. My favourite BB cream hands down. Very good sun protection, no need for a separate sunscreen. Light shade is perfect for me in winter (NW20) and I mix a little of the darker shade in for summer. This has very good coverage and great oil control, probably a bit too good as I need to moisturise under this (I have combo skin, oily t-zone, normal elsewhere).
I don't need powder over this in winter but do find it nicer with an illuminating primer underneath. I prefer this to the new BB Glow cream as I find that too oily on my skin. I do need a separate moisturiser with this so it can't really be classed as an all in one BB cream. Very expensive in NZ.