November 26, 2014 | 1524 users online

Eye Shadow - Tom Ford - Eye Color Quad #10 Titanium Smoke

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Titanium Smoke is absolutely gorgeous ...... the colors work well with each other. I love this palette and use this lightly in the daytime or go heavier in the p.m. for a beautiful smoky look (I love all the shades and the darker shade works great as a liner.) Tom Ford's eyeshadows are pricey but they are pigmented and long lasting ..... I hardly tap my brush and get enough color ..... I own four of TF's palettes and this is my favorite followed by Golden Mink ..... both look great on brown eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by brassovaries

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The other reviewers have described the shades perfectly so I won't repeat. I will say that this palette, like all the other TF eye shadows I've tried, has some of the most densely pigmented yet wearable colors I've ever tried. Being impatient, and having used mostly Chantecaille for the last few years (Like it, but it's very sheer), I had come from the school of "pack it on to get a deeper color" method. That isn't going to work with Tom Ford, because you get some VERY intense pigment in these shadows. Once I figured out how to lightly build and blend blend blend, I was amazed at what I could achieve. LOVE the super dark smokey eye I can get with this palette....really stunning. Best part is I can look in the mirror hours later and see it look exactly like it did when I first put it on.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by NKS

I was reluctant to buy another quad from this range after how disappointed I was with Cognac Sable but somehow got talked into it when I went to look at the lipsticks (soft touch, I know). I told the MUA how much difficulty I had with trying to get a highly pigmented look and the amount of fall out and she explained to me about the 'press and lock' technique that is a Tom Ford thing (go on roll your eyes - I did!). The best way to apply the glittery eyeshadows is with your finger - rub your finger firmly in the shadow, press onto the bit of the eye you want to apply it to - really press in and then drag the finger in whichever direction you want it be lighter. It doesn't disturb the shadow below (well it didn't on me - I've used it over the LM caviar sticks as well as other TF shadows) and pigment gets pushed in so it doesn't scatter or fall out. I couldn't believe the effect or the difference in pigmentation. I simply cannot get the same effect with a brush and the MUA recommended using only a finger for all glittery shades across the range. So when I'm using the black glittery shadow, I usually apply the black/charcoal matte colour first to the outer corners and blend inwards, then press the glitter over the top with my pinkie and drag inwards so there's high intensity colour and glitter at the corners of my eyes. I've had so many compliments. I use the champagne/platinum glitter in the corners of my eyes in the same way (but dragging outwards). The grey/lighter charcoal colour I use to smooth out the untidy black bits by using it in the crease with the MAC pencil brush or the Bobbi Brown smudge brush. If I still need a bit more tidying up, I use Vernau by Illamasqua which can be taken up the brows with my skin tone if necessary. All in all this is hugely wearable palette and it compliments others in the range so well that it's become indispensable in my bag already. I am so glad I got it and even happier that it's part of the normal range. I used NARS smudgeproof eye primer and the colour lasted beautifully for 6 hours through an evening do and was still going strong even through an energetic bout of dancing when I sweated off the rest of my make up (used a gel eyeliner - phew! - instead of a liquid one)

I took a lippie off for the extortionate price. You could make up a palette for cheaper in MAC (carbon - matte black, silver ring - grey, vex - highlighter) but I wanted the glitter shades so I opted for this. And there's a lot of brands that do a black/grey/white palette like Chanel, Dior and YSL so I'm sure the same look could be done without having to fork out this much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First quad I bought from Tom Ford. The colors go on lovely - highly pigmented but very blendable and buildable. The sparkly is just spectacular. The whole combo is fantastic. I wear the soft grey with the sparkly one and I use the pencil to line the inside all around and it looks great. The best thing about this quad is that the products do not irritate my eyes. I bought this and Sable Cognac (which was tested on me and I obsessed over until one day, I dropped what I was doing and drove to Neiman Marcus looking like crap to buy it with the Espresso pencil and I...am...loving...it). Anyway, listen, the pencil, the mascara and the quads do not irritate, and they do clean up nicely, no fall off, and the quad comes with a very nice mirror. The brown and gold is so classy. I agree with the other poster that I use nothing else now - just these two quads. Makes me feel like I can completely pare down my makeup stash and I just love that. Quality over quantity. I will be purchasing the stick foundation and blush next....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by stillhot

It took me an hour of driving the Neiman consultant crazy trying to choose from the incredible array of eyeshadow quads. I finally went to my personal comfort level and chose titanim smoke. Probably the most beautiful eyeshadow I've ever used. The lighter gray is matte, creamy, perfect and stays put. I used the black as eyeliner. Also perfect. Haven't really tried the shimmery black or highlighter, as I haven't used the quad for evening, but going out on a limb, I suspect that they too are perfect. Yes it's expensive, but given the huge sums I have wasted trying to save money, I wouldn't hesitate to buy this again. Sahara Haze is what I now covet.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by elfodimontagna

love the pigmentation and the colors, the staying power is amayzing. A little pricey

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is probably my all time favorite eyeshadow quad. The texture is amazing and application is so smooth and even. The colors are versatile and spectacular on. This quad includes a soft gray (beautiful pale to deep buildable overall eye color), a sparkly nude (great for under brows and inside corners), a matte, rich, truly dark intense black, and a deep sparkly black (just to add a pop of shimmer and rev it up for evenings). I find myself using this quad every day and virtually ignoring the rest of my colors because I love it so much! I am going to buy another one as a back up. This quad provides the best range of choices for an elegant day or glam evening smoky eye look I've ever used. Highly recommended! NOTE: This quad is featured in the February issue of InStyle magazine on page 168.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No