August 1, 2014 | 1030 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Pro Longwear Lipcreme - Approaching Storm

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by kristi383

Love this. Have tried lots of long lasting lipstick as I work a lot and do not have time to reapply often. I have the POSITIVELY DASHING colour. I do find it a tad drying but as its a long lasting wear Lipstick so expected it. goes on really creamy and nice pigmented colours. Really soft effect after putting on. I am told to apply it on bare lips but I find it a tad strong and drying, so I apply over a slick of lip balm and dilutes the colour down a bit to make it just right for my liking. Also less drying on the lips.
Only minor thing which I am happy to overlook is the tip is flat compared with the traditional pointed lip tip. Makes it a bit more difficult to apply without a mirror.
But still.... Am happy to go back and buy more colours!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by jeanettekhan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked how Daphnee Gunness ad was looking in the MAC shop, so I bought this, I should have just bought the lipgloss, this colour looks more brown than burgundy, the assit said it was more a burgundy colour. Anyway, it went on smooth, but I don't think it lasted very long, some of my drugstore lipstick last longer. This was I first Pro Longwear lipcreme. I will stick to my VIVA Glam 1, now that last long.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Approaching Storm is one of those "pretty-but-not-that-necessary-for-me" products.

The description "deep rose" sucked me right in, since I love MAC lipsticks, and am not aware that they offer a "deep rose" shade among their permanent selections.

I'm not at all sorry that I bought Approaching Storm, but it's not my best shade. It's not as brown as I'd feared, but also not as red/rose-y as I'd hoped. It's a nearly exact color match to MAC Burgundy lip pencil, so if you like that pencil as an all-over color,you'll probably like Approaching Storm. It's a very deep, kind of "dusky," rather dramatic color (reminds me some of MAC Media, with maybe a touch more brown), but I think it can work fine for daytime, especially in fall/winter.

Approaching Storm is my first Pro Longwear Lipcreme, and, while the color is not the best for me, I'm impressed by the product's quality. It applies smoothly, though I rather prefer the usual bullet shape to the blunt end of the Pro Longwear Lipcremes. Approaching Storm has the creamy texture and full coverage similar to that of a MAC Satin, with the tenacity of a matte. Spanking Rich Dazzleglass looks beautiful over Approaching Storm, but does adversely affect the wear of the lipstick.

I would try other Pro Longwear Lipcremes, but I don't think I'd repurchase Approaching Storm. I do better in clearer, brighter colors with more red to them.

Here's a comparison photo:

SAD NOTE: As of March 2012, all Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Estee Lauder, MAC, and Prescriptives items are “will not repurchase” for me, no matter how much I like them. This regrettable situation is the result of the Estee Lauder company’s decision to abandon its ban on animal tests, and contract for such tests in China. As an animal lover/respecter, I will no longer do business with this company’s brands, no matter how otherwise appealing their products are to me.

continued >>